Profile for T. Gardners > Reviews

Content by T. Gardners

T. Gardners "TKcity" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Philips SHL5605BK/10 CitiScape Downtown On-Ear Headphones - Brown
Philips SHL5605BK/10 CitiScape Downtown On-Ear Headphones - Brown
Offered by Branded and New Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Great design, good build quality, sound has good detailing but lacks bass with comfort issues., 7 Nov. 2014
I'm what you call an audiophile: Someone who spends too much time and money on having a good music experience. I've currently got the Beyerdynamic DT990's and use Audio-Technica ATH-M50X headphones and 3 music systems (Tannoy F1's, Tannoy V1's and Mission MX-3). On top of this I've had them for over a year now so I feel like my opinion will be worthwhile listening to.
So originally I was looking for some cheap headphones that would be good for being on the go and had good noise isolation. I came across these at a bit of a discount, it had good reviews at the time so I thought I'd give it a go.
The design for these headphones is fantastic! The choice of colour and materials (especially the exposed brushed aluminium headband) gives it a classy look with a modern twist. The design is quite fluid; It looks good, doesn't stand out too much and isn't a ridiculous size which makes it a very outdoor friendly headphone. Also the headphone jack going off at a right angle means that it is less likely to break there if it was in your pocket. Another good thing is that Philips have designed the jack to be phone case friendly, so you don't need to take your case off when trying to listen to music because the jack is too fat to fit through.
The build quality in general is good. Most headphones and earphones last about 3 months from continuous use with me and seeing that this has lasted me over a year is good going! The headphones itself is undoubtedly well built but I'm skeptical of the anti-tangle wire; it's just so thin that I think if it was yanked at, you might risk it breaking.
Comfort is average: The memory foam pads are thick and spongy BUT the headband is designed in such a way that it feels like it is properly being clamped on my head which is not too discomforting unless I have to wear glasses because then I couldn't wear the headphones at all. Another thing which is not a surprise for closed-back on ear headphones is feeling warm after about 30 mins. It's tolerable and quite nice to begin with but then as time went on my ears started to feel like an inside of an oven and then my ears start getting sweaty. Without glasses at max I could only have these on for an hour.
Now time for sound quality. The sound quality is quite good in general. The mids are clear and well pronounced and the slightly accentuated highs bring great detailing and makes listening to music a more pleasurable experience. However the bass is lacking. I'm not saying it's not there; it IS there and has a good frequency range but for some reason PHILIPS thought it was a good idea to bring the EQ down on all of the lower frequencies but the sub bass. Even when comparing it to monitoring/ studio headphones which are meant to have a very flat and less pleasurable sound the lower frequencies on the PHILIPS sound meek compared to the audio technicas and especially the Beyerdynamics. I've come across some earphones about £15 cheaper which are the Soundmagic e10's which sound extremely good and akin to headphones that cost £100 so if sound quality on a budget is your main pursuit I'd recommend those. However the noise isolation is very good on the PHILIPS, I can zone out quite easily with these on.
So to conclude, the current pricing of these are £39.99 and I have to say make them £15 cheaper and they'd be worth the money you are paying for. I'm not saying they are bad at all. It's just that I have come across much cheaper headphones and earphones in the past and got much better and more detailed listening experiences. So they are alright for the money, but research a bit harder and you'll get more for your money.

WHITE 2.1 Amp (2100mAh) High Power Dual-USB Mains Wall Travel Adapter Charger
WHITE 2.1 Amp (2100mAh) High Power Dual-USB Mains Wall Travel Adapter Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product!, 5 July 2014
Very good and solid product. I have had this for about half a year and is still going strong. It may just be me but it seems that it charges my ipods much quicker than the standard apple charger!
The build quality is exceptional for this product and unlike cheap charges I'm not worried about its fuse blowing or starting a fire (as that happened to me in the past).
It's very useful that I can also charge more than one item at once, not only that but the charging speeds are maintained!
So yes a very good product and in this case it's better to not go for cheap and cheerful!

Sharkoon Skiller Keyboard
Sharkoon Skiller Keyboard
Offered by XBC Gaming Systems

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, just needs a few tweaks, 5 July 2014
Good product. I'm a bit pf a casual gamer and music producer, I bought this product as the wireless Keyboard I had just felt awful and was uncomfortable to use.
After using this product for a few months, I have grown to appreciate it. The keyboards design is great and all the shortcut buttons are very helpful. I particularly like the fact you can replace keys with blue rubberized keys, it just means that when you are gaming you dont have to look at the keys to find the wasd keys.
However this product isn't exactly perfect, the blue lights used are very strong and quite piercing I've had to cover the lights with tape because it is just so annoying! Also the key layout is a bit iffy, all the keys are in the right place and the right size BUT the erase/ backspace key. It's the same size as all the other keys and just tucked in the corner which for me makes it very hard to notice and makes everyday tasks a bit tedious, however I am starting to get used to it.
It is worth the money I paid for , it just needs a bit of tweaking to make it a great product!

Shop4 Black Portable Mini Twist Speaker Pod for HTC Mobile Phones
Shop4 Black Portable Mini Twist Speaker Pod for HTC Mobile Phones

2.0 out of 5 stars just about does the job, 4 July 2014
Very tinny sound, picture is slightly misleading as speakers are not what picture shows (more like a headphone speaker). Giving it 2 stars purely because the build quality isn't shoddy

Pure 5M OFC 3.5mm to 2 x Twin Phono RCA Audio 24k Gold Plated Cable Lead
Pure 5M OFC 3.5mm to 2 x Twin Phono RCA Audio 24k Gold Plated Cable Lead
Offered by TechWareGames

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 4 July 2014
Very good high quality wires. Good thickness, doesn't tangle easily or at all. using it for my sound system to connect my computer and ipod. The quality of the sound from my system when using this product is well maintained (no significant loss). The Build quality is very good so well worth the money!

Gear4 Angry Birds Tweeters In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Blue Bird
Gear4 Angry Birds Tweeters In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Blue Bird
Offered by B2B TRADING

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job (just about), 4 July 2014
Bought it for £2.99 as a backup set of earphones. For the price I bought it for, it is just about worth its money. However the sound is shoddy (it has a bass heavy and very muffled sound) the build quality is unsurprisingly cheap and the design (unless you are a kid or angry bird fanatic) is quite embarrassing.
On the bright side it is very comfortable and a good novelty item. So I would not buy again unless I have no earphones and low on cash ;)

Quiksilver Mens Basic A X3 Backpack KTMBA031 Light Slate
Quiksilver Mens Basic A X3 Backpack KTMBA031 Light Slate
Offered by AUTENTICS SPORTS S.L.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for everyday student needs!, 4 July 2014
The product is cheap, looks nice and is made by quicksilver so quality of the product is very high which is a huge bonus.
I have been using it everyday for about 6 months as a student and is very durable with a very nice amount of space for notepads, sketch books and coursework.
It's definitely a good quality product and would buy it again as it is such a good price!

Acai Berry Original: 6000mg - 120 Capsules
Acai Berry Original: 6000mg - 120 Capsules

5.0 out of 5 stars Good weight loss supplement, 4 July 2014
Very good product! I play a lot of sport but due to injuries and not being able to play for a while, I felt like I had gained a few unnecessary pounds. I bought this product to partner with my sport, gym and a healthier diet. I have just finished my first bottle of this stuff and have followed the instructed dosages.
So I can say that it definitely does help! Even though I am eating less than I used to and exercising more, I can say I have less of an urge to eat food in between which happened from time to time.
For the weight loss aspect it does help, maybe not as much as some blogs have been saying, but it does help. I had a very low metabolism which means my body doesn't break down food very quickly so it's easy for me to gain weight. This product raises your metabolism (which I did notice) so food breaks down quicker and are less likely to gain the weight you eat, so if you eat the same amount or less than you normally do, in theory you should lose weight. In my case I did, and my core feels tighter and looks slimmer with the pounds that I gained have been lost and a bit more too. However the extra energy they like to talk about is very questionable, but that is not what I bought it for.
So yes it is a very good product, isn't a magical wonder product that blogs and nutrition sites like to say it is. But if you eat the right amount and exercise well it is a great supplement to get you to lose some pounds!
P.S. On a side note because it raises your metabolism it also means you can hold your alcohol better and it also has a lot of antioxidants!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2015 12:08 AM BST

2GB 2G USB Flash Drive / Memory Stick / Pen Drive Thumb Design 1PCS
2GB 2G USB Flash Drive / Memory Stick / Pen Drive Thumb Design 1PCS
Offered by Sctech Feb

1.0 out of 5 stars unusable, 29 Mar. 2014
Bought the product on a whim knowing it was cheap and cheerful. It arrived and looked like any other cheap USB with one unsurprising difference... could not be used!
To save anyone the effort of trying to fix this problem, if it says "please insert disk drive into E:drive" (or any other drive) that means the internal software is corrupt. I've tried programming bug fixes, using special software that fixes corrupt USB's and even sent it to an IT professional to see to what extent it has become corrupt. It turns out none of the methods I have told you worked, the IT guy said there is no way it can be recovered so I'm going to trust what he says and leave it.
Obviously there have been people purchasing this product without any problems to date. However if you still feel like it's a good idea to waste a few quid on a memory stick: don't put your hopes up on this one.
Yes I could send it back to the company and ask for a refund. But considering the cost of the product and the cost of sending it back... Is it really worth it?

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and great style, 1 Jan. 2014
I am a music producer, and part time sound engineer and so I am extremely picky about what goes in my ears and how comfortable they are (as I wear headphones pretty much 12 hours each day). In the past I've had various headphones and earphones: Beyerdynamic DT990's, DT150's, soundmagic e10, Philips cityscape to name a few of what I've been using in the past year.
I have been looking for a new pair of earphones as the sound-magic e10's have worn out. The sound-magic e10's are the best earphones I have come across so far, the sound is phenomenal and rivals headphones that cost £100 or £200 with nice comfort and excellent build quality.
I came across the Zinc's by chance read the reviews checked the price and though I would give it a go. The first impressions of these earphones were really good, the build quality was on par with the e10's with a style that I thought was much nicer as it was more sleek and classy. I was extremely surprised to see that for a product of £20 they went all out on kit with a nice case and a huge variety of tips to go with it which is a huge bonus.
The sound was good however compared to the e10's (the rival product)it just does not compare. On it's own the Zinc earphones have a good amount of detailing, clear mids and highs which have a nice sparkle to it. The bass is powerful and partner well with the mids and highs however it felt loose and lacked definition/ punch. The e10's in comparison was very punchy and dynamic but I think aren't as well pronounced as the Zincs, bass wise the zincs sound more alive.Another problem I had with the sound was the mid-high spectrum was being clouded over by other frequencies, it wasn't muffled it was more like it was being drowned out.
One other little issue with the earphones was that I found a lot of the time I found myself re-positioning the earphones because if it is too far in or at the wrong angle the sound becomes really flat and if it was too far away it was just too sharp, I don't know if it's because of my ear size or because of my OCD of sound but this was the first time I've ever encountered a problem like this.
All in all you will not be disappointed, the zincs are perfect in almost every way and would be perfect in every way if the sound could just be improved a bit more...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5