Profile for Becki Murray > Reviews

Content by Becki Murray

Becki Murray "Becki" (Cornwall)

Napiers Organic Calendula Nipple Ointment 15g - Natural Herbal Skin Care
Napiers Organic Calendula Nipple Ointment 15g - Natural Herbal Skin Care
Offered by Napiers the Herbalist

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ointment but expensive for size!, 26 Feb. 2014
Great cream, just wish I had have paid attention to how small it was before ordering! I thought I was getting a bargain for that price but I really wasn't. The ointment was brilliant for my boys nappy rash though.

An Impossible Secret
An Impossible Secret

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 26 Feb. 2014
I don't think it even deserves 1 star, but not sure you can review with zero.

Really not very well written. The writer forgot things that had previously happened in the book so repeated them; Jimmy & Kerry were introduced 3 times lol! They were introduced in the library, then Jimmy spoke to her about Brice, and then he met her & Brice in Toppers and asked to be introduced?! They've already met twice.

It didn't grip me that well, the writing just wasn't great. I figured the twist/secret early on, it was pretty obvious. There were things that happened which were SO obvious, but the characters just didn't have a clue. I ended up skimming the last 30/40% of the book. First book I've read that I can say, really really was a waste of my time.

Lost to You (The Regret Series Book 1)
Lost to You (The Regret Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 26 Feb. 2014
I know that 'Take this regret' came out first but all three books were out by the time I came across this series. 'Lost to you' was released after 'take this regret' but set before, so I read it first. I loved it. I fell in love with both Christian & Elizabeth, they're great characters. Christians a tough, gorgeous, lady's man, from a well to do family & Elizabeth is from a single parent family and has had to work her butt off to get into university. She knows the kind of man Christian is so just wants to be friends, Christian has wanted her in his bed from the start. But he really is lovely! Their friendship develops along with other feelings.. I don't want to spoil the story so I'll stop here, but it is a romance novel so it's not like I can give anything away lol! Brill book!

Raw Health Organic Cider Vinegar Unpasteurised with Mother, 500ml
Raw Health Organic Cider Vinegar Unpasteurised with Mother, 500ml
Offered by Blue Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill product!, 26 Feb. 2014
Brilliant product, just what I was looking for at a great price! Definitely buy again! Nice big bottle so I won't have to for a while!

Ice Blue (The Ice Series, Book 3)
Ice Blue (The Ice Series, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 Feb. 2014
Ooh, how I love Anne Stuarts books. This black ice series never fails to disappoint. The men are hot, and totally alpha, usually having to kill the leading lady, but they end up falling for them, mixed in with a fab action packed storyline on the company. The women can usually hold their own too, they're not complete damsels in distress. I love how the other leading males pop up in the books too, so you can see how they are doing too. I know this is quite a general review of the ice series (or what I've read so far!). It's definitely a must read, i love Takeshi o'brien & summer, their characters are really great. Could not put it down!

Cade (MacKenzie Security Book 1)
Cade (MacKenzie Security Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much sex, not enough character conversing/interaction., 26 Feb. 2014
I did really get into this book until half way through, and then there's just so much sex.. I don't mind a romance novel with a sex scene or two but there seemed to be a lot.. And I was really put off by some of the sex scenes, a bit too outrageous (a bit is putting it lightly, I think they became rather vulgar). However, I really did love Cade and Bayleigh, I love how she put up a fight and gave him what for, and he's just so hot, I wish he was my neighbour! I would have loved more between them conversation & possibly story wise. It's a great book, but a little too much sex for my taste.

Black Ice (The Ice Series Book 1)
Black Ice (The Ice Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 Nov. 2013
Really loved this book! I wasn't sure as I like an alpha hero normally. Real good guy. But c'or blimey sexy bad man Bastien.. Brilliant. Real page turner! Every spare moment was spent reading this book, finished in a day or two!
I do wish there was a little bit more to the ending, but overall it's in my top 5 books!

Hush, Hush
Hush, Hush
by Becca Fitzpatrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, 1 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Hush, Hush (Hardcover)
I have to say, without sounding too cheesy and cliche; This is the best book I have read in a very long time.

I read it in only a day or too. I could not put it down, it was addictive. As its Becca Fitzpatricks first book, I am so excited for Crescendo to be released! If her first book is this amazing...

Its a brilliant, plot, storyline. I was intrigued, spooked, and didn't know which guy was the good guy? It makes you feel just like Nora, the heroine of the story. Its brilliant.

And Patch, At first you just love to hate him...

Its an awesome read, and i'm trying not to say too much. So just read it, and I can promise you that you wont regret it.

*****

Fallen: Book 1 (The Fallen Series)
Fallen: Book 1 (The Fallen Series)
by Lauren Kate

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly Enjoyed It!, 25 Feb. 2010
I bought this book two days ago, and have already finished it. I could not put it down, it was literally a struggle when I had to go to work etc lol.

I had read many reviews before I bought it, and many of them weren't great. And fair enough everyone has their own opinions. And mine is that its fantastic. Yes I loved Twilight, and Edward and Bella, but this is through and through a book of its own and should only be compared to the likes of itself.

The relationship between Daniel and Luce is just amazing. Forbidden Love. Love Triangles. Angels. Its amazing.

I won't tell you anything, just trust me, its brilliant. I'm telling you that you won't be able to stop until you've finished. I'm already getting impatient for Book 2, Torment, coming in October according to Amazon. September according to the Fallen Book...

Either way its too far away.

Enjoy!