Profile for Mr. Rw Stringer > Reviews

Mr. Rw Stringer (UK)

So What
So What

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Aug. 2015
This review is from: So What (Audio CD)
Excellent SACD.

Velbon QB-5W Quick Shoe
Velbon QB-5W Quick Shoe

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Velbon QB-5W Quick Shoe (Camera)
Great replacement for the one I lost. Seems a bit expensive for what it is.

Duronic DM352 Double Twin LCD LED Desk Mount ( ( Die-Cast Aluminum ) ) Arm Monitor Stand Bracket ( ( Super Strong ) ) with Tilt and Swivel (Tilt ±15°|Swivel 180°|Rotate 360°) + 10 Year Warranty
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be very sturdy, has great flexibility, 23 Aug. 2015
Gave the bracket a stress test as I don't have monitors yet. Seems to be very sturdy, has great flexibility. Would recommend to anyone.

MORE4HOMES CRUZ SPORT RACING CAR OFFICE CHAIR, LEATHER, ADJUSTABLE ARMS GAMING DESK BUCKET (Red)
Offered by SonicOnline

3.0 out of 5 stars £65 chair for a £65 price.. Paint work is a bit rubbish if you look closely.. but otherwise a great looking and comfortablechair, 21 Aug. 2015
Its a nice chair.. Its very comfortable, I like the look of it. All the parts do their jobs very well. I especially like the smoothness of the spin, I like the recline and the arm rests do go up.. Which is good because the chair wouldn't go under my desk otherwise.

The price was reduced from £200 to £60+ and to be honest its a £60+ chair, its not a £200 chair. Everything silver in the picture is plastic. The silver bits are the most worrying because the finish on them leaves a bit to be desired. The spray paint on the plastic arm rests (the silver bits) are scratched on mine and there are some bobbles in the paint. But you do have to look close and its not something thats going to worry you after you've seen it.

In operations the fabric makes that leather creaking noise, but you do have to move around a bit to make it happen. The hydraulics of the chair are really good.

Construction was done by only me in about 25 mins. The arms fit the back and base of the chair together and this is the hardest part as you need to align multiple screws with screw holes at once.

The wheels seem to glide well.

I was thinking of giving this a 4 star.. but the fact that its usual price is £200 is either a con or a form of "your getting a really good deal".. When in reality what your getting is a £65 chair for a £65 price tag.

Sea Change
Sea Change

5.0 out of 5 stars Take a trip, 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Sea Change (Blu-ray Audio)
This disc is somewhat amazing in places. I felt like I was surrounded by sounds whilst spinning on the spot. It draws you in and never lets go. You won't be disappointed.

Mega Movies
Mega Movies

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Mega Movies (Audio CD)
Just wanted to say that this SACD is a very nice addition to my collection. I like the punchy bass, the clear distinct instruments and the force in which it is delivered. Overall a very good buy and I'm so happy to have it in my collection.

Inov8 Sony NP-BD1 Replacement Lithium Digital Camera Battery 600mAh 3.7v Li-ion 2 year warranty

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery might be responsible for a quivering effect, 25 Dec. 2011
It might be my camera but it seems a bit of a coincidence that after using 2 of these batteries for a week or so that my camera started to show signs of quivering. When my camera boots up its touch screen you feel a rumble which disengages after half a second and then the screen comes up. However, after a week or so of usage of this battery the camera constantly rumbled and the screen had flickering all over the place. I put my old Sony battery back in and the quivering went away (not straight away but over a period of minutes it did). I have used these new batteries since with no effect (quivering doesn't happen anymore). The batteries themselves are good workers, they give you quite good durations without needing recharge. The problem is at what cost? In the gaming world I never use 3rd party gear so I'm surprised I opted for this battery considering the other reviews. I'm upgrading camera soon just to be safe. I'll use this camera as a spare. My replacement camera is going to be the NEX7 which doesn't use this battery type. This battery type is for a casual user (in the camera world). If you want to make long videos in HD then try a camera/camcorder that has a bigger/better battery type than this one. This battery type gives approx 20 minutes of solid HD recording on my DSC-T500. Which I find pitiful really considering what I use it for. I've given 3 stars based on its performance. Dropped 2 stars because of the quirky side effects that may have been caused by the battery. Although I cannot guarantee the battery is at fault.

Life [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Life [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ David Attenborough

4.0 out of 5 stars Bugged?, 2 Feb. 2010
Watched this with my UK PS3. About 10-15 minutes into disc 1 and 2 the audio codec dropped and the picture went into slow motion. Its not supposed to be like this. Pressing triangle I noticed the music note was greyed out. I could only get things back to normal by fast forwarding and rewinding and pressing play again.

Perhaps its a PS3 firmware issue, maybe my PS3 is on its way out. However, to date no problems have been encountered on any other disc I have (over 200 discs).

Its unlikely the BBC will use 1080/24 for any wildlife material because thats usually affiliated with film. You can't take a film camera under water. Chances are PE was filmed in 1080i and upscaled to 1080/24. Life however is in its native form. Its quite clear LIFE was using new techniques such as slow motion, this can only be done in the digital domain, another reason its 1080i.

The content is fantastic. I can't argue with anything on the discs apart from the fact that some content is repeated across the 4 different discs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2010 4:32 PM GMT

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy [Blu-ray]
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood

1.0 out of 5 stars Marketting hype and all that, 15 Jan. 2010
Blu ray is hyped up to be the BEST. So it should be that all releases are the BEST they can be.

Warner, you've done some nice things over the past 2 years and some really crappy things as well. Give the public what they want first time around. Your supposed to put a bigger effort to get the best product out there.