Profile for Bryce A. Lynch > Reviews

Content by Bryce A. Lynch

Bryce A. Lynch

Doctor Who - Electronic Sonic Screwdriver
Doctor Who - Electronic Sonic Screwdriver
Offered by Crazy 4 Toys (UK Based)

5.0 out of 5 stars Got one for Yule 2006, and I love it., 12 Jan. 2007
For Yule 2006 I recieved one of these toys as a gift. It appears to be the second revision of the Sonic Screwdriver pen, as it has David Tenant on the packaging and comes with batteries.

It is very well constructed, with nice molded texturing on the barrel (which makes it comfortable, if a bit large to write with), a sliding button that does not move around too readily, so once it's open it stays open, and good heft. The sound chip's volume is loud yet not annoyingly so, and the brightness of the UV LED is perfect for the UV-sensitive ink as well as detecting UV-reactive objects (hint: betta fish are not UV reactive, but many dishwashing detergents are).

I plan on using it as a cosplay prop in the near future, and I'm pleased enough with it that I even carry it around with me from time to time. It was quite a hit at a _Doctor Who_ marathon I attended a few weeks ago.

I do have one request, though: Please start carrying the replacement nibs for this product. At some point they're going to run out, and I'd like to easily get new ones at such time.