Profile for Cheshire cat > Reviews

CDL Micro USB 2.0 Manual Printer Sharing Switch - Black
CDL Micro USB 2.0 Manual Printer Sharing Switch - Black
Offered by CDL Micro

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, nice gadget, 12 Nov. 2012
This little device saves a lot of messing about with cables if you want to connect two computers to the same printer and really does work well....just press the button on top of the unit to switch from one computer to the other. Definitely worth the money just to avoid the hassle each time. Nice product.

Mesh Lumbar Back Support for Office Chair Car Seat etc
Mesh Lumbar Back Support for Office Chair Car Seat etc
Offered by ONLINEDEALS

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product, 9 Jan. 2012
I bought this item as I'd been using one (a different make) for working at the computer for 2 -3 years and I needed another. I think good mesh back supports are wonderful for people with back problems at desks but these particular items are very poor quality, they simply do not offer enough support to do the job and are basically useless. I've since bought a better one which does the same good job as my old mesh support. Beware...don't buy this item, buy a decent mesh back support, there's no need to pay the £28 (!!!!) that Staples want for their (fairly basic) version, although it's an OK product, I've tried it. For £8 or so you can find a decent one that does the job, and your back will thank you!

Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional (Expert's Voice in Open Source)
Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional (Expert's Voice in Open Source)
by Akkana Peck

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with my choice, 20 Sept. 2010
The Amazon reviews I read before buying indicated that the book would at least be useful, in fact it is very good, very clear and seems pretty complete (I'm still working through it, a relative GIMP beginner). I can't imagine there's a much better practical book for people (like me) who don't know much about GIMP but would like to do more than just basic photo manipulation, but there also seems a lot of more advanced stuff too (it's a sizable book!), so it could well also be a book for people who already know something about GIMP.

Definitely worth considering....!