Profile for Declan Brady > Reviews

Declan Brady

A Donny Hathaway Collection
A Donny Hathaway Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars Donny is the best, 8 Dec. 2015
Donna Hathaway is one of my very favourite singers of all time along with George Benson who he sounds very like at times : his voice is just sublime, liquid gold to my ears and I have wanted to have some of his material for ages now. I love the classics here with Roberta Flack and have listened to them over and over although I felt some of the other songs on the album were a little weak.

The Complete Experience - Part 1 & Part 2
The Complete Experience - Part 1 & Part 2

3.0 out of 5 stars High's and Low's here, 7 Nov. 2015
I had high expectations here as JT has really gone up in my estimation and I like what he's been doing musically this past couple of years. But on the whole I was a little disappointed with this double album. He's definetly branching out and trying new things here and there's a couple of classics that I really love "Take Back the Night" and "Suit and Tie" in particular which to me are the height of sophisticated modern soul. But I did think many of the other songs were quite weak on both sides and even after repeated listenings, and with a couple of exceptions only, they did'nt grow on me and I found myself skipping over them to get to the 3 or 4 that I did like.

The Ultimate Best Of
The Ultimate Best Of

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Shalamar, 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Best Of (Audio CD)
What an album this is !. This instantly transported me back to the golden era of classic disco standards form the late 70's and 80's, and brought back wonderful memories with Shalamar such a part of them. I always loved this group. All the classics are here - Night to Remember, Make You Feel Good, There It Is, Make That Move, Take That to the Bank and many more besides. Fantastic listening while driving or chilling at home. You are guaranteed to be bopping within minutes of putting it on. They just don't make em like this anymore - more is the pity.

The Essential Collection
The Essential Collection
Offered by marvelio-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars George is the best, 30 Dec. 2013
George Benson is my favourite all time male soul/disco singer and this album is a Classic. All the hits are here and within minutes you are guaranteed to be singing and tapping your feet (if not outright dancing) to all those classic standards from the 80's and early 90's. Some of his great jazz tracks from an earlier era are here too which reminds us what a brillant guitarist he was too before he took to show-casing his wonderful smooth voice.

The Very Best Of: An Excellent Adventure
The Very Best Of: An Excellent Adventure

4.0 out of 5 stars Class, 30 Dec. 2013
I was not familiar with all of Al Jarreau's material but i always rated him highly, as one of the best male soul singers of the 70's - 90's alongside George Benson and Luther Vandross. And this album does not dissapoint. All his classics are here and several that I had not heard before.

The Best of Randy Crawford
The Best of Randy Crawford

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but damaged, 24 Mar. 2013
Great Record but i was disappointed that on opening the package on arrival I found the plastic case to be broken on one corner : this did not happen in trasnit as the missing piece was not in the package

Down In Birdland: The Manhattan Transfer Anthology
Down In Birdland: The Manhattan Transfer Anthology
Offered by WORLD WIDE MEDIA MARKET (12-24 Days for Delivery from California)

5.0 out of 5 stars Down in Birdland, 19 Feb. 2013
I have long been a fan of MT for many many years : so unique, so original, such amazing vocal harmonies. This Anthology captures all their stand-out Standards, would love to see them Live some day.