Profile for Phil Price > Reviews

Content by Phil Price

Phil Price (Lancaster , UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Great Convergence (The Book of Deacon Series 2)
The Great Convergence (The Book of Deacon Series 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 16 Sept. 2013
It's not a classic nor a best seller, but the attention to detail and the flow of the story with it's bizarre characters keeps you 'turning the page' or should I say 'swiping the screen!'. I read the first volume 'the Book of Deacon' and enjoyed the same type of page turning reading, however I do think this second volume is better. I am close to the end now and am looking forward to the third volume 'The Battle of Verrill'
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2013 10:39 PM BST

Stella Artois International Chalice Pint Glasses CE 20oz / 568ml - Set of 4 | Stella Artois Beer Glasses with Gold Rim | Stella Artois Chalice Glasses, Stella Artois Branded Glasses, Stella Artois Stemmed Glasses
Offered by Noble Express Catering Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 26 Aug. 2013
An excellent product from an excellent seller. The glasses look superb and make the whole experience of drinking Stella a pleasure - sad really, but I don't normally drink much.

Best Kept Secret (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 3)
Best Kept Secret (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 9 Aug. 2013
Another typical Jeffrey Archer 'page turner.' It' a story full of pace, that has twists and turns that keep you 'gripped' and wanting to know what happened next. As with all Archer novels I would highly recommend it if you enjoy a 'good read' that's not over complicated or pretentious. Already looking forward to the next instalment.

Gymboss Interval Timer & Stopwatch BLUE SOFTCOAT
Gymboss Interval Timer & Stopwatch BLUE SOFTCOAT

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant little machine, 30 May 2013
A brilliant piece of kit! It does exactly what it says it does. There's nothing more to say! Except two more words to get this submitted!

Death Takes a Holiday
Death Takes a Holiday
by Alberto Cassella

5.0 out of 5 stars The play of the film 'meet joe black', 5 April 2013
This review is from: Death Takes a Holiday (Paperback)
Although, it's an entirely different story, plot, characters...etc I still enjoyed this play. If anything it made me realise how clever the film script writers and director was for the film. I only got the play because I loved the film, otherwise I probably wouldn't have purchased it!!
It's nothing like the film - so you'll be disappointed if you expect it to be similar.

The Chimp Paradox: The Acclaimed Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 5 April 2013
A concise and relatively precise read. It presents as a logical and simple way of looking at the human/(chimp!) psyche. I quite quickly and easily identified with most of the concepts presented within the book and in doing so I was able to recognise some Gremlins immediately - removing these little b*ggers is happening, but a little more slowly!

I really liked the Stone of Life section which helped me confirm my own beliefs and values. I also realised that I have to work on the Planet connect i.e. my communication. A lot of work needs to happen here!!

The book is informative and provides a simple framework to work from. The text is 'chatty' and not to technical. There are lots of examples to support explanations and really useful little illustrations.

It may not be everybody's 'cup of tea' but I think it is well worth a read.

The Seventh Sign [DVD] [2000]
The Seventh Sign [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Demi Moore
Offered by Discs4all

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable, 21 Jan. 2013
A relatively good story, but somehow it just doesn't quite make it onto the screen! It's worth a watch, but it's not worth a second viewing for me.

A New Earth: Create a Better Life
A New Earth: Create a Better Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 20 Jan. 2013
Possibly, the best book I've ever read concerning the human individual and collective psyche. It's written in a style that is easily readable and attempts to untangle this immensely complex area of human nature. A lot of this knowledge is already 'out there', but Tolle does such a good job of unweaving it.
I might be wrong, but I would describe this book as a 'Marmite book' - you will either love it or you'll hate it! This book will either reach down into the depths of your being or it will bounce off the surface.
There's no doubt in my mind that this book is a phenomenal step forward and a clear 'sign' that us humans need to wake up to what we are doing to ourselves, all other living things and to our planet!
I highly recommend this book.

Stigmata [DVD] [2000]
Stigmata [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Patricia Arquette
Offered by Telstar Entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Stigmata [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I enjoyed watching the film for the first time, but wouldn't re-watch it..... which for me is the sign of a great or entertaining film. The acting is good, but the story is weak. Without ruining the film(if you do get it) the story links are thin and the development of some of the characters is also weak - what happened to the boyfriend? He just seemed to disappear! It had a lot of potential this film, but somehow (for me ) it just didn't quite make it. It isn't a bad film, it just isn't a great film.

Finding Nemo Original Soundtrack
Finding Nemo Original Soundtrack
Offered by GMFT

5.0 out of 5 stars nemo, 2 Nov. 2012
Fabulous music by one of the best composers around. Evocative, powerful and moving music, however for best effect you need to watch the film.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8