Profile for Nipper Dog > Reviews

Content by Nipper Dog

Nipper Dog "Nipper" (North Wales)

Gusti Leder nature "Gary 13" Genuine Leather Backpack Rucksack Vintage Sling Shoulder City Leisure Travel Bag Unisex Brown M31
Offered by Gusti Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite bag!, 18 Dec. 2012
I love this backpack and use it all the time. It looks gorgeous, holds a huge amount of stuff and is extremely comfortable to wear / carry. I read other reviews which commented on the smell but mine just smells vaguely of leather as one might expect. I do not find it much of a problem to tie and untie the drawstring top; it just takes a bit of practise and is such a minor inconvenience far outweighed by the positive attributes of this splendid bag. Definitely one of the best purchases I have ever made.

Torchwood: Border Princes
Torchwood: Border Princes
by Dan Abnett

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 22 May 2007
This was the 3rd Torchwood book I read and I'm glad I read it last otherwise I would not have bothered reading the other two which were brilliant!

I found the difference in attitude of the characters - from what I'd learnt about them on TV and in the other two books - to be extremely off-putting; they just didn't ring true and, to me, acted out of character. Cap'n Jack was quite a marginal figure and seemed very weak - not leadership material at all and not the cool, calm but witty hunk we know and love! He didn't seem to be in control much and we didn't hear that much about him or from him, which was most unexpected.

The introduction of the character James didn't work for me either and the fact that he and Gwen 'got it together' was a real shame; Gwen's love of Rhys provides one of the strongest links to 'reality' - he represents the rest of us - that the series has. It is her constant battle between what she sees and learns at Torchwood and the 'normal' everday life of her and Rhys - the way she adapts and reconciles the two and the constant wrestling of her conscience between them - that gives her such strength and adds humanity and compassion to the team. The loss of that throws us out of kilter - all without good reason as far as I could see. Maybe I just didn't 'get it'!

Still, it's far better than anything I could write so I guess I have no right to criticise!