Profile for George > Reviews

Content by George

George

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TeckNet Pro Wireless Mouse 2.4G USB Cordless Mice Optical PC Laptop Mouse With 24 Month Battery Life, 2600 DPI 5 Adjustment Levels, Nano Receiver, 6 Buttons For Windows Mac Macbook Linux
Offered by Innovation Goal UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse for the price, 4 Aug. 2017
This wireless mouse is surprisingly accurate for the price! Only downside is that it isn't rechargeable, but for the price I wouldn't expect it to be, so not going to take away marks for it there.

The nano receiver is magnetic and slots into the underside of the mouse which is nice for if you need to throw it in your bag with a laptop. Not much else to say about it really

Anker® 60W 7-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub with 3 PowerIQ Charging Ports for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Motorola, HTC, and More
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, cable was short!, 4 Aug. 2017
Great USB 3.0 Hub, I used it to switch all my peripherals between my desktop and laptop when needed, all I have to do now is change the usb hub cable between the machines!

It powers all my peripherals nicely, a mechanical keyboard with rgb lights, a gaming mouse, a wireless mouse and a few other bits I plug in from time to time. Also the charging ports are great, I use one for my wireless charger, one for a wired charger and another for my xbox controller dock, all works well with no issues.

The only bad part of this item is the usb cable included is pretty short, considering the hub costs around £30 It would've been nice for them to include a 2m cable so that you can route the hub underneath the desk to hide the cables like I did once I purchased a replacement cable.

EnGive Windshield Samsung Galaxy S6 Car Holder Mount 360 Degrees Rotation Cradle (Samsung Galaxy S6)

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 3 months, 6 Dec. 2016
Broke after 3 months use. Always been careful when putting it in the mount but the top clip has now broken. Slowly got flimsy and a week after that was barely hanging on and not securing the phone properly

AmazonBasics Laptop Sleeve for 15-Inch to 15.6-Inch Laptop / MacBook Pro / MacBook Pro with Retina Display

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, one minor problem, 20 April 2014
Fits a 15.6" laptop with a good fit so it doesn't move around.
The padding inside is good and feels like it'd protect it from knocks and maybe a short fall.

The only problem with the sleeve is that it has a new rubber/plastic smell, which isn't that strong but I had to air it for a couple of days so that it wouldn't make my laptop smell. Other than the minor, easily fixed problem it's a great value sleeve.

Thunderbolt Mini Displayport to VGA Female Adapter Cable for Apple Mac Macbook Pro Air iMac Microsoft Surface Pro & Pro 2 3 4 etc
Offered by GoldenSwing

5.0 out of 5 stars Did what it said!, 17 April 2014
As stated, it's just a mini-displayport to VGA converter. This also works on AMD cards with mini-displayports just for anyone that wanted to know!

Raspberry Pi Piface Digital
Raspberry Pi Piface Digital

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for simple I/O on the Raspberry Pi, 7 Jan. 2014
This addon board is brilliant for simple I/O on the raspberry pi, I used this to control motors and an electromagnet.

I would recommend this to anyone that wanted to learn about I/O but doesn't have much background experience, or just wants to save time.

Corsair CC-9011017-WW Carbide Series 300R Windowed Mid-Tower ATX Performance Computer Case - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for the price!, 29 Dec. 2013
Got this case for Christmas and it's brilliant for space, cooling and looks!

Pros:
- Great cooling (can take 7 fans and comes with 2), with 3 intake and 3 exhaust fans my CPU temps have dropped by over 10C compared to my last case which had 2 intake and 2 exhaust fans. Also, because the case can take a lot of fans it's possible to run the fans at a low rpm or buy quiet fans like I did, which mean that even when playing a highly demanding game such as BF4 on ultra that the fans are very quiet (my CPU fan is louder than the case fans).
- Can take up to an ATX motherboard with plenty of room to spare.
- Looks smart, but not so smart that it should be in an office.
- Quality feel about the case, sturdy all around with nothing loose.
- Cable management works fine.
- USB 3.0 ports on the front of the case (If you have a MB which only takes 2.0 then you'll need to buy an adapter for about £5).
-Dust filters for the front panel and PSU.

Cons:
- I have the windowed edition and when taking the panel off it's very squeaky (no big deal as you shouldn't need to take the side panel off too often)
- Screwing fans to the side window was a bit tricky as I didn't want to break the window.

Overall this case is definitely worth the price tag and would choose it again and recommend it to friends.

Cooler Master BC 120 Red LED Fan "R4-BCBR-12FR-R1, 120mm Fan, Fully Transparent Design, Red LED"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fan with something I didn't expect, 28 Dec. 2013
I have two of these fans and they're great. I'm using them on the windowed panel of my case and they blend in well. Also, mine came with a molex to 3pin adapter, which is very useful for those without so many 3pin connectors on their motherboard.
I was going to order the molex to 3pin adapter separately, but now I don't have to.
The fans are quiet, shift a good amount of air, came with an adapter and are brilliant for windowed panels.

Belkin Cat5e Snagless UTP Patch Cable, 5 m - Blue
Belkin Cat5e Snagless UTP Patch Cable, 5 m - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to, 25 Dec. 2013
I bought two of these cables and they both work as intended and don't snag, which is very useful.
Also, it's made by a reliable brand which also does routers. The only downside is the cable is blue, which can stand out if you're trying to hide it, however, this wasn't a problem in my case.

Anker Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S4 [3-Pack] Xtreme Scratch Defender Crystal-Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen protectors for S4, 25 Dec. 2013
I bought these for my S4, they were very good for the price and come with an application kit to stop getting any bubbles or dust under the protector, would buy again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3