Profile for RosiePosie > Reviews

Content by RosiePosie

RosiePosie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Awakening: Chloe Saunders is on the Run and Raising Hell, Literally (Darkest Powers)
by Kelley Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first!, 17 July 2012
Loved this book much more than the first! There was so much more going on. Chloe has become one of my favourite main characters. She might have someone watching out for her & rescuing her occasionally but she doesn't just sit there and let it happen, she's a fighter and she likes to try and take care of herself and everyone else!

Best thing about this book was all the Chloe & Derek alone time. They are building such an amazing friendship. There might be something more but I love that at the moment they just seem to be at the start of this great bond.

Derek is just awesome! How else can you describe him.....ok maybe a little misunderstood but mainly AWESOME!

The story itself has this sort of X-men early days feel so that in itself keeps me interested and it helps that the characters are just as interesting especially Tori....the world would be such a boring place without people like her ;-)

Darkest Powers Bonus Pack
Darkest Powers Bonus Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Great collection of stories, 17 July 2012
I made sure I read these in the order they should be otherwise I think I'd have gotten fairly confused! Great collection of stories, second one (Divided) was my favourite. I loved reading things from Derek's POV and learning how they ended up in Lyle House and just seeing how Derek ticks. Loved Derek and want more please! I was a bit disappointed that the last one was Tori's as I'd have loved to read Derek's POV of his & Chloe's little adventure together!

The Reckoning: Number 3 in series (Darkest Powers)
The Reckoning: Number 3 in series (Darkest Powers)
by Kelley Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad it's over, 17 July 2012
Sad that it's over...I want more Chloe & Derek! I want more of all of them.

This series surprised me! I didn't think I was going to enjoy it. Thought it was too young and I'm not a fan of werewolves at all but I honestly loved it. I loved seeing Derek & Chloe's friendship/relationship grow & slowly develop. These two lovely people with such a great bond, who gained strength from one another and didn't even realise what was happening :-) They did have me laughing a good few times. Their arguments are so funny & they are both so stubborn which doesn't help. My favourite part of this book was when Derek turned into the wolf for the first time. Everything leading up to it, the moment itself and more so after was beautiful and her making him realise that he is worth it!

The characters are all so likeable and the story keeps you interested. There were a good few shocks. The twists and turns keep you turning page after page but for me it was all about Derek & Chloe, everything else was just extra :-) There are things that were said by the demi-demon's master that make me think there must be more right?

The Truth About Forever
The Truth About Forever

4.0 out of 5 stars A sweet story., 17 July 2012
A sweet story that took a bit long to get going. The beginning was a bit slow & I nearly gave up on it but soooo I'm glad I kept going.

Loved Wes & Macy, I'm a sucker for these types of love stories! I loved the truth game. What an awesome way to get to know someone! It's amazing how having the right people in your life can change so many things. Friendships can be beautiful :) I found myself more focused on everyone from Wish & the friendships rather than just thinking about the romance. Delia, Kristy, Monica, Bert & Wes <3 The love story was subtle which made it special & realistic to me.

Grief affects everyone differently & this book demonstrated that wonderfully. Some people close in on themselves, some need control & overwork themselves & some just embrace it. In this book we got to see all of that & the affects. It was beautifully told.

This was my first Sarah Dessen book & I plan on reading more.

Starstruck
Starstruck

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a pallet cleanser!, 17 July 2012
This review is from: Starstruck (Kindle Edition)
A bit slow in the beginning, picked up a bit of pace halfway but the last bit was pretty good. In all honesty I couldn't wait till I got to the end!

I liked Dough & the fact she was overweight which was different (I found that really refreshing). I was more a fan of Christian than Wish. Would've liked to find out a bit more about the Luminati. The best way for me to describe this book is probably a "pallet cleanser". Something to read after an intense book or in between!

Flat-Out Love
Flat-Out Love

5.0 out of 5 stars NOW I KNOW WHAT ALL THE FUSS IS ABOUT!, 17 July 2012
This review is from: Flat-Out Love (Kindle Edition)
NOW I KNOW WHAT ALL THE FUSS IS ABOUT!

This was an incredible book & no review I write will do it justice!

After reading it I just sat there trying to figure out how to right a review and I just couldn't form any sentences. You feel so many emotions reading this beautiful story, it takes you on this amazing journey. I have never read anything like it. It's everything you want in a book, so different. It's intellectually witty, beautifully written, jaw droppingly good, heartbreaking and so much more. For the first time in I don't know how long, I was actually up till after 4am because I just could not pull myself away!

Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series
Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Ending!, 17 July 2012
So disappointing! This series seems to have just gotten worse with each book. It honestly bored me to sleep every time I started to read which explains why it's taken me so long to finish! Cam hardly even featured which is a bit odd seeing as how once upon a time he was sort of a main character......I had high hopes for this series but feel like I've just wasted my time on it.

The love story of Daniel & Luce is pretty boring in my opinion. I would have loved for there to have been a few twists & turns and maybe something unexpected. I remember seeing someone suggest that maybe Cam & Daniel were one being that had been split & maybe the end would be them joining again.....even that would've have been better than the ending in the book!

Argh! I'm just really annoyed & frustrated with a direction it went in but I guess we can't all have our way!

Hey, Nobody's Perfect (Books We Love young adult romance Book 2)
Hey, Nobody's Perfect (Books We Love young adult romance Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not terrible!, 17 July 2012
An easy read and somewhat enjoyable but I'm not to sure what it was about? There was so much going on. I wished there had been more focus on one subject. More focus on Keeley would've been great, learning more about his life etc and maybe more of a growing connection between the two...I wanted more Keeley & Sivia. Still glad I took a chance & read it!

That Boy: (A Sweet, Boy Next Door Standalone Contemporary Romance) (That Boy Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars To say I loved this book would be an understatement!, 17 July 2012
To say I loved this book would be an understatement! What an amazing writer, to go from fun & easy going and then straight into heartbreaking & intense. It had me laughing, enjoying & once, nearly crying. Wow!!!

It's about two guys and a girl growing up together and soooo much more but there is no love triangle, just the story of three amazing friends that are there for each other in so many ways! Some of the best stories are the ones where you get to experience them growing up, through the good & the bad, the happy & the sad and this is one of those awesome stories.

I loved Danny! A cute guy who would do anything for his best friends. What he did the night after the prom was such a beautiful selfless thing to do that neither Phillip or Jayden could appreciate until much later...and Phillip is just the perfect guy, a real genuine prince charming and just as selfless as Danny. Jayden was so funny & cheeky, in fact they were all pretty funny & cheeky. Jayden was pretty lucky to have these two great guys in her life and they were pretty lucky to have her to. It's just not possible to not love these three!

The ending was just amazing & beautiful. There is just so much I loved about this book, no review I write will do it justice!

Thoughtless
Thoughtless

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy Of A Second Read!, 17 July 2012
This review is from: Thoughtless (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book so much. It gave me a bad case of insomnia though as I just could not put it down! It was dramatic, touching, upsetting, annoying....just everything in one book. I honestly haven't enjoyed a book this much since Beautiful Disaster (not including Skulduggery of course as that's completely different). You are taken on such a journey with so many emotions, it's just awesome! I found myself loving a character one minute and hating them the next but by the end of the book I loved them all & became completely attached to these great characters.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6