Profile for RosiePosie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Red Lory
Red Lory

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind boggling!, 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Red Lory (Kindle Edition)
Ok even though this book has me feeling like I don't know what the hell I just read, I still think it deserves 5 stars. I enjoyed this story, I really did. I'm totally confused but I enjoyed it nonetheless! It's well written and I love the fact that it's given me something to think about. I've got like a billion questions because it didn't end how I thought it would and I think I'll stop now before I start babbling! Oh, and before I forget....I loved the parrot :) Highly recommended!

KitchenCraft Le'Xpress Double-Wall Insulated Stainless Steel Cafetière, 1 Litre (8 Cups)
Offered by THE COOKSHOP

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it looks like in the picture!, 14 Dec. 2012
Just as a warning to anyone buying this item....it doesn't look as nice as the picture makes it look! You can actually see where the handle has been joined and the spout. You can't unscrew it to clean unless you have pliers and there is a flaw on the filter part & on the top. This is our second one as we had to send the first one back because it looked even worse!

CRASH
CRASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicole Williams Does It Again, 10 Aug. 2012
This review is from: CRASH (Kindle Edition)
Wow! Freakin wow! Nicole you did good! God I hope you write more contemporary books because this pretty much blew me away! It was awesome. Love Luce and Jude. The story kept me glued and the twist...well I did not expect that at all! I want more!

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 17 July 2012
I've really been struggling to write a review for this book & not because I didn't enjoy it, it's mainly because I LOVED IT & just don't think my review will do it justice!!! I know that this story was apparently originally Twilight fan fiction but I don't know how it can possibly even be compared to Twilight. It's better, so so so much better & different!

One thing that got me was how different the relationship & the love story was compared to other books I've read. I just loved the complexity of it. I think from the beginning you could already see how these two wonderful people were going to affect & change each others lives!

There were bits that were difficult to get through, parts where I found myself wanting scream at Ana & shake her...make her see that she shouldn't be such a push over but at the same time I found myself feeling sorry for Christian...and mad at him too!

Just really awesome & worth a read.....don't listen to the negativity :-) it's an amazing book!

Expel (Celestra Series Book 6)
Expel (Celestra Series Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Addison Moore is back & better than ever!, 17 July 2012
Addison Moore is back & better than ever! I struggled with Vex & didn't enjoy it as much as all the others but Expel was just awesome! It reminded me why I love this author so much. Entertaining does not even begin to describe this book :-) I have definitely developed a soft spot for Marshall, and Logan is growing on me again but Gage.......I didn't see that coming! This series constantly has me on the edge of my seat! Love it and all the characters that come with it :-)

Can't wait for Book 7!

Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades Freed

3.0 out of 5 stars Conflicting feelings, 17 July 2012
I don't know how I feel about this series anymore! I had mixed emotions throughout...in general I can't deny that I enjoyed it. I loved the psychological side of it. I struggled with this one more than the others. It was a bit slow, too much sex and the story didn't get better until I was half-way through.

The ending was great but some of it could've had a bit more detail. It felt a bit rushed. It was great to see Ana finally develop a backbone and the change in Christian was great. Reading the bonus bits from Christian's POV was pretty cool.

I think I might have been too generous with my reviews for the first 2 books but I'll leave them the way they are. Don't plan on reading this series again :-)

To Kill A Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition
To Kill A Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition
by Harper Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story!, 17 July 2012
Why did I wait so long to read this book? What a beautiful story! I just loved Scout & her curiosity, enthusiasm & occasional skepticism. Loved all the characters but loved Scout & Atticus the most. It's hard to describe how this book & these characters made me feel. The ending made me feel all warm inside :-) poor Arhtur 'Boo' Radley. Great read!

Effortless (Thoughtless #2)
Effortless (Thoughtless #2)

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit like an inbetween book, 17 July 2012
I'm going to hate myself for saying this but I really didn't enjoy this book. It was very slow and hard to get into but my love for Keira and Kellan & the tiny bit of mystery thrown in kept me going till the end.

There were a fair few funny bits such as "Why is one of her friends seeing me making you look like you sucked on a lemon?" , a drunk Kellan talking to Denny on the phone which had me laughing like a crazy person, the conversation between Matt & Keira the morning after the "bathroom" thing, Anna's comment at seeing Denny was back in town and to top them all off is my favourite...Kellan coming home to surprise Keira & finding Denny there with her, "I wanted to surprise you...Are you surprised...? Because I know I am!".

I loved the development of their relationship, seeing them grow & learn from their mistakes and I loved Griffin and Anna.

Although I didn't love this book I still can't wait for the next one especially after all their maturing and the only bad things I have to say is that it was just too slow! For me personally, I feel like this was an inbetween book and I'm hoping the next one will be as awesome as Thoughtless :-) (fingers crossed)

The Betrayal of Maggie Blair
The Betrayal of Maggie Blair
by Elizabeth Laird

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to judge!, 17 July 2012
I wanted to give this book 4 stars because I learnt a lot of history through it and some interesting stuff but it's going to be 3 stars as it was such a slow read and I struggled to keep my eyes open most of the time!

I loved Maggie! Her journey was pretty awesome and the woman she became was strong & mature. The things that poor girl went through...what an inspiring young lady!

On the history side of things, there were some pretty shocking bits. Can you just imagine what people went through back then? Glad that I read it but more for the knowledge than anything else!

The Summoning: Number 1 in series: 1/3 (Darkest Powers)
The Summoning: Number 1 in series: 1/3 (Darkest Powers)
by Kelley Armstrong

4.0 out of 5 stars Didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did!, 17 July 2012
I didn't expect to enjoy this book because although I love supernatural books I'm not a fan of werewolves and it seemed too young for me but I loved it...ok maybe liked is a better word. It wasn't bad at all. Chloe is a pretty great MC and I actually liked that there wasn't really any immediate romance. Some of the best stories are the will they won't they ones and at the moment the curiosity of what is going on and the will there be a Derek & Chloe is what is keeping me wanting more!

I'm reading the bonus stories at the moment as well and really enjoy things from Derek's POV :-) would love there to be another book in the future from his POV.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6