Profile for A. Lucas > Reviews

Content by A. Lucas

A. Lucas (Essex, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
ICE Watch 1633 Women's Wristwatch
ICE Watch 1633 Women's Wristwatch

3.0 out of 5 stars ICE watch, 17 Oct. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A well packaged and presented watch, comes in a nice box, the style reminds me of a lantern. The watch looks very pretty, despite it being black. The sparkly face is very attractive, and eye catching for evening wear, but not too over the top, so can happily be used for daywear. The watch is easy to set, and is keeping time well. The reason I took away "stars" is because I have never had such a small strap on a watch. I don't have a particularly large wrist, and haven't ever had trouble before (and I've had a LOT of watches, as I like to collect them), but this wristband had to be done up on the first hole, leaving hardly anything to tuck into the little bars. For the sake of adding perhaps a centimetre to the length of the strap, I feel that this is quite shoddy.

WeRChristmas Pre-Lit Wooden Candle Bridge Window Table with 5-LED Candles, 30 cm - Gold
Offered by Mail Order Online Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Wooden Candle Bridge Ornament, 17 Oct. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is to replace one that I have had for many years, but has now broken. This one has less candles, it only has 5, but they give off a lovely glow. It's very lightweight wood, bordering on flimsy to be honest. The little plastic, removable rings of foliage are pretty cheap looking, but you don't have to include them. It has a lovely long cable, with an on/off switch which is very handy. All in all, I think this is girly expensive for such a cheap looking item. Luckily, the window I put this in doesn't allow for people to inspect it too closely!!!

Joseph Joseph Tilt Plastic Mixing Bowl - Blue
Joseph Joseph Tilt Plastic Mixing Bowl - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Joseph Joseph Mixing Bowl, 14 Oct. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Who thought a bowl could be anything other than a bowl? Not me...until I received this one!

It's absolutely fantastic. Firstly, I love the colour- it's a perfect shade of blue, almost duck egg in colour. It's plenty big enough for the largest of recipes, I've used it for whipping cream, making cupcakes, buttercream and Yorkshire puds. The little hole in the side of the bowl is ingenious. It's just the right size and shape and Is in the perfect position. It just makes mixing, beating and whipping foods so much easier.

All in all, this is one well designed, extremely well though out mixing bowl.

ZEISS Smartphone Wipes, Pack of 180
ZEISS Smartphone Wipes, Pack of 180

5.0 out of 5 stars ZEISS Smartphone Wipes, 8 Oct. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Quite simply, these are wonderful!

I have an iPhone and iPad, my children have tablets and phones - so there is no shortage of mucky screens to be cleaned in this house! Usually I either just use a microfibre cloth, or I have used the wipes designed for glasses. Neither have produced great results. These little beauties, however, clean like a dream and leave a completely streak free screen. It's like having a new device again.

They also work a treat on glasses - which I tend to clean with one after I've finished cleaning my phone/tablet, as they are juicy enough to clean more than one thing (but not soaking wet).

I can highly recommend these wipes - and I shall definitely be buying more when I run low on this batch.

Nature in a Nutshell for Kids: Over 100 Activities You Can Do in Ten Minutes or Less
by Jean Potter

4.0 out of 5 stars Nature in a Nutshell!!, 7 Oct. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was quite excited about this book - it looked so exciting. I was, however, quite disappointed when it arrived. For the money, I think the presentation is a real letdown. The cover is promising, quite colourful and shiny...but inside, it's printed on very 'cheap', lightweight paper, all in black and white, not even one colour picture - which I found to be disappointing, especially as it's aimed at children.

It's full of great activities, though. The book is split into sections - season by season, which is a lovely idea, and makes it very easy to just pick up the book and delve right in. The activities are all achievable, not many of them need specialist equipment - all using things you would normally have around the house.

I love that this book is trying to get kids and parents up, outside and active in the world beyond tv and computer games. My son's school runs a Forest School too, and this would be ideal for that - lots of activities for primary age children to enjoy.

My Little Pony The Movie Seashell Lagoon Playset
My Little Pony The Movie Seashell Lagoon Playset

4.0 out of 5 stars My Little Pony The Move Seashell Lagoon Kit, 2 Oct. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This toy has proved to be such a hit with my 3 year old My Little Pony crazy goddaughter. She couldn't wait to get the box open and start playing. The set has loads in it, plenty of buttons to push and little extra features. I believe there are other sets that you can purchase to add on to this set, which would be nice - it would be useful to have more ponies.

All in all, a lovely toy - the reason I gave 4 stars is because I do think it's expensive for what it is. But, I guess most 'in' toys are overpriced!

Rimmel Pan  Blushed Edition Eyeshadow Palette, 14 g
Rimmel Pan Blushed Edition Eyeshadow Palette, 14 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Rimmel Palette of Eyeshadows, 2 Oct. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great little set. Small enough to store without being bulky, but the space is definitely full of product. The colours are beautiful, a real array of colours from light to extremely dark. My daughter grabbed this palette and started using it straightaway (she's 22) - so the colours obviously appeal to a wide age range. They apply really nicely. For the money, I think this is a fantastic kit.

Hasbro Gaming Get a Grip Game
Hasbro Gaming Get a Grip Game
Offered by Fun Collectables

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a Grip!!!, 2 Oct. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This game is SO much fun. It's such a simple idea - wrap up your hands so you have no thumbs to help you perform various tasks, either drawing or writing things, or modelling something using the enclosed pots of dough. It's got everything you need to play straightaway and it is such a simple game, the rules are minimal - you can't use your thumbs and the first person to get to complete three tasks is the winner.

My only small gripe is that when you open the box, everything is fitted into one half of the box, it's a ridiculous waste of materials (and storage space), when this game could be in a box half the size.

LEGO UK 31067 "Modular Poolside Holiday" Construction Toy
LEGO UK 31067 "Modular Poolside Holiday" Construction Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Lego hit, 25 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A fabulous little set, my 12 year old found this to be a lot of fun. He has made several different things with it, and has played for quite a long time with it after the initial build. My 3 year old goddaughter has also enjoyed playing with the items once they are built, and with the little figures. Obviously the three year old was under close supervision at all times.

The set is designed to be used alongside other modular sets....I'm a little unsure of what that actually means, as I thought all Lego was like this, but hey ho. It's a great kit, would make a perfect gift, as it would be useful even if someone already had it! Great kit.

Murder, She Wrote - Season 6 [DVD]
Murder, She Wrote - Season 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Angela Lansbury

5.0 out of 5 stars Murder She Wrote S6, 20 Sept. 2017
As wonderful as every other season, Murder She Wrote Season 6 is fantastic. Every episode a winner.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20