Profile for A. Lucas > Reviews

Content by A. Lucas

A. Lucas "bookworm" (Essex, England)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Studio Series Artist's Tiles: White (75 pack)
Studio Series Artist's Tiles: White (75 pack)
by Peter Pauper Press
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars WHITE ZENTANGLE CARD TILES - PACK OF 75, 30 Oct. 2015
Great set of 75 acid free card tiles, purchased along with a ZENTANGLE Tool Set as a gift for someone wanting to start this new hobby. Good quality cards, reasonably priced.

Tiny Tea Parties!: Mini Food and Tiny Tea Parties That Look Good Enough To Eat! ( Cute & Easy Cake Toppers Collection): Volume 3
by The Cake & Bake Academy

4.0 out of 5 stars TINY TEA PARTIES, 30 Oct. 2015
Nice book, lots of mini food and drink ideas for cake makers or (like my daughter) someone who wants to make miniatures in clay for her dolls house. Not a particularly thick book, but full of good ideas.

Railroad Alaska [DVD]
Railroad Alaska [DVD]
Offered by The Canny Store

5.0 out of 5 stars RAILROAD ALASKA, 30 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Railroad Alaska [DVD] (DVD)
Bought as a gift for a man who loves Ice Road Truckers. He really loved this dvd, and is now watching new episodes on television.

Zentangle Tool Set (Pack of 12)
Zentangle Tool Set (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars ZENTANGLE TOOL SET, 30 Oct. 2015
Lovely kit. Perfect as an introduction to the Zentangle experience. I purchased along with a pack of the card squares, but this has a few to start you off. A great gift to introduce someone to the hobby too.

Sony S8005C Series 55 inch 4k Ultra HD, 3D Curved screen with Android - Black
Sony S8005C Series 55 inch 4k Ultra HD, 3D Curved screen with Android - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Big screen convert!!, 30 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am NOT a TV person......or, I WASN'T at least! In the past, I've even said we could live without one in the living room at all. I've always hated the way a whole room has to be designed and furnished around a television. But then, this one arrived. Obviously, it's huge, there's no getting away from it. It will dominate even a large lounge. But I now find myself thinking that's a good thing, and I am truly converted to the big screen experience.

Once out of the box (which is a lot of asker than you'd imagine for such a large object), it took two people lift and place it on the unit we have. Switching on and setting up/linking into our current systems was much easier than I had feared. I'm definitely a novice in the world of technology, and yet even I can manage with relative ease (although my family have a theory that I've been useless before because I've never liked or had any interest in learning how to use previous TVs). Whatever the reason, I find this one simple to use.

The screen is slightly curved, which I thought might be a problem if you're not the ones sitting square on in front if it. I was wrong. It barely makes a difference. No matter where you sit, you feel like you are actually part of the action. The picture is crisp and clear, the colours beautiful. When watching the HD channels, which I admit I now tend to stick to, the picture is as close to perfect as it gets. Nature documentaries are a fantastic thing to watch now, cooking shows a must (if only there was such a thing as smellyvision). Even my sons dreaded cartoons are now almost a pleasure to watch!

My son in law set up games console so my son could play on the wii fit thing, and what a hilarious couple of hours that was......such an immersive experience. My son has been playing the dreaded Minecraft and Plants vs Zombies and I've noticed things I never saw before.

As I said earlier, I am definitely not a technology queen, so this review may be annoyingly simple for some people. I apologise if it isn't helpful to those who are wanting more of an in depth technical review. All I can say is, this television has most definitely converted me into a TV lover. I sit and marvel at how far we've come since the dodgy black and white tv with moveable aerial sat on top that was part of my childhood. Watching television is now an absolute pleasure. I can't recommend this tv highly enough.

Nintendo Power Adapter (Nintendo 3DS)
Nintendo Power Adapter (Nintendo 3DS)

2.0 out of 5 stars Power Adapter, 27 Oct. 2015
Essential, but such a rip off that it doesn't come with an already expensive device.

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer amiibo Cards Pack
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer amiibo Cards Pack
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT

3.0 out of 5 stars Animal Crossing cards, 27 Oct. 2015
These cards are good, they do expand the play of the game, but they are expensive. Also, it would be more ch better if you could just buy numbered packs. The element of surprise may be ok for kids wanting to swap Pokemon cards, but for use in a game, it's an even more expensive item.

Writing's On The Wall
Writing's On The Wall

5.0 out of 5 stars WRITING'S ON THE WALL, 27 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Writing's On The Wall (Audio CD)
Another Sam Smith winner. Always knew Sam was destined for greatness, and being chosen for a Bond theme has got to be a sign of such greatness!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2015 9:33 PM GMT

New 3DS XL Screen Protector
New 3DS XL Screen Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars Screen Protector, 27 Oct. 2015
Brilliant. So easy to use. An absolute must have item.

Honeywell HZ435E Surround Ceramic Heater
Honeywell HZ435E Surround Ceramic Heater

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LITTLE HEATER, 27 Oct. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like the look of this neat little heater, and when I say little, it really is fairly small. It's small enough not to get in the way, yet big enough on power to be useful.

I am giving only 4 stars because it is kind of noisy, and it does get hot to the touch, so a concern if you have children. But, as a back up source of heat, this is ideal and very easy to store.

I am currently using it to provide heat in a spare room I am decorating, and it's great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20