Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for A. Lucas > Reviews

Content by A. Lucas

A. Lucas "bookworm" (Essex, England)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Re:creation Games GOL-WHO Who Tooted Toy
Re:creation Games GOL-WHO Who Tooted Toy
Offered by Gifts To You (UK)

4.0 out of 5 stars WHO TOOTED?, 30 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A simple premise - get round the board by bluffing your way, trying to convince others you didn't toot! It's not a bad board game, but perhaps a bit boring after a few 'rounds'. I can't say this will be the first board game I grab when wanting to enjoy a family fun afternoon, but my children definitely enjoyed playing with the 'tooter'.

Was a bit disappointed that batteries weren't included - particularly as this is expensive and doesn't really have that much to it to warrant the cost. All in all, a bit of a laugh for younger family members, but not something you'd want to play again and again.

The Hidden People
The Hidden People
by Alison Littlewood

5.0 out of 5 stars THE HIDDEN PEOPLE, 30 July 2016
This review is from: The Hidden People (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I couldn't wait to get this book, the description really made me want to read it. I have to admit, I found it heavy going at first, but once the action and mystery started, it was a book I hated putting down. I really felt for the characters, particularly Helena, Albie's wife. The book is most definitely one of the best I've read this year, and I wouldn't hesitate to read another book by this very talented author.

3M 20320UK P320 "Between Coats" Fine Grit Sandblaster Sandpaper Abrasive Sheet  - Gold (Pack of 3)
3M 20320UK P320 "Between Coats" Fine Grit Sandblaster Sandpaper Abrasive Sheet - Gold (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars 3M FINE SANDPAPER, 30 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Strange though it may sound, I got this to craft with! I make a lot of home decor pieces - plaques and signs etc - and when sticking papers or card onto a piece, if you cut round the edges, it looks horrible. So, the answer is to sand the extra paper off of the piece, leaving a perfect, smooth edge. Other sandpapers I have tried haven't been nearly as good as this one. It's tough enough to last well without needing to use new bits each time, yet fine enough to leave a perfect finish. Exactly what I've been looking for.

Docrafts 12 x 12-Inch Solid Premium Cardstock Colossal Capsule (Pack of 75)
Docrafts 12 x 12-Inch Solid Premium Cardstock Colossal Capsule (Pack of 75)
Offered by Guru Solutions Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Docrafts 12 x 12 Carstock, 19 July 2016
Brilliant cardstock. I bought it to use on my Brother Scan n Cut machine, and it's been brilliant. Great colours, great quality. Glad I bought it, and won't hesitate to buy again.

Panasonic EW1411W Dental Care Cordless Rechargeable Oral Irrigator (UK 2-Pin Bathroom Plug)

4.0 out of 5 stars PANASONIC ORAL IRRIGATOR, 19 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a fairly sturdy piece of kit, very well packaged with a decent instruction booklet. I have never used one before, so it was quite a shock to use and see and feel such dramatic results after the very first use. It's brilliant. It's a strange sensation, but it works so well. My son (aged 11) thought it was absolutely hilarious to use this as a water pistol, or to use it with his mouth open - making a huge mess in the bathroom! However, once he had got the hang of it, he actually started to enjoy using it too. It comes with two 'heads', which is handy. It's very simple to use - you can use it with water or air, on a pulsating variant or constant. All in all, this is now an essential part of our daily dental routine. The only reason I knocked off a star, is that the adaptor plug (from two pin to three pin) necessary is NOT included, and I really don't think that's something everyone actually has at home. It would probably have cost Panasonic pennies to include one, I just wish they had.

Cath Kidston Meadow Posy Moisturising Hand Lotion 260 ml
Cath Kidston Meadow Posy Moisturising Hand Lotion 260 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars CATH KIDSTON HAND LOTION, 19 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A delightful bottle, very prettily decorated with a classic Cath Kidston design. The hand lotion has a lovely, floral smell - not too overpowering. It makes your hands feel soft without leaving a greasy residue, as some hand creams do. I think this would make a lovely gift. The only reason I knocked off a star from the rating is the price - as most Cath Kidston are, it's horrendously overpriced.

Nivea Sun Kids Caring Roll-On with High SPF 30 - 50 ml
Nivea Sun Kids Caring Roll-On with High SPF 30 - 50 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Nivea Sun Kids Roll-On, 1 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A definite 5 stars for this neat little roll on. It's quite a small bottle - but that's what I wanted, really. I've put it in my son's school bag for the times when the sun comes out and he's not with me. I've also got another for keeping in a bag in the car (I keep a bag packed in the car with a picnic blanket, suncream and a couple of towels - for spur of the moment trips.
The bottle itself is fairly small, but that makes it handy to pop in a bag. The roll on applicator works really well, the cream itself is easily absorbed and has a pleasant, not too overpowering, smell.
The main reason I've given 5 stars - my son has really sensitive skin (especially in the sun), and a lot of creams irritate his skin further. But, this has been brilliant, not bothering him at all.
All in all, a great little bottle of cream - at a great price.

Masha and the Bear Shape Foil Balloon
Masha and the Bear Shape Foil Balloon
Offered by Balloon Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Masha & the Bear Balloon, 1 July 2016
Brilliant. Arrived very quickly. This is a huge balloon. Had trouble finding somewhere to fill it, but Toys R Us came up trumps, and filled it for only £1.99. The birthday girl was over the moon.

Victor Electronic Mouse Trap for 100% Kill Rate
Victor Electronic Mouse Trap for 100% Kill Rate

5.0 out of 5 stars VICTOR ELECTRONIC MOUSETRAP, 1 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This gadget is expensive, but worth every penny. It's easy to set up, even easier to dispose of dead mice. It requires 4 AA batteries which aren't included, but once you pop them in, load with bait, place in position and switch on, you're good to go. The light stats on for 24hrs once you've caught a mouse, making it easy to tell if you need to empty. So far, this has been very successful, disposing of two mice. I much prefer this to manual traps, and would recommend to anyone, especially those with pets or children who might hurt themselves on the old style of trap.

PetSafe Deluxe Outdoor Bark Control
PetSafe Deluxe Outdoor Bark Control

1.0 out of 5 stars Outdoor Bark Control, 17 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this to attempt to help with our neighbours' barking dog. We live in quite a rural place, and they haven't had the dog for long - and it goes absolutely mad when a car or person - or tractor - goes past our houses. It drives me mad - and all they do is shout at it, which doesn't stop the dog barking, and just makes even more noise for me to put up with! Anyway, I have a large tree between our properties, so decided to hang to device from one of the low branches. Perfect..... but it has no effect whatsoever on the barking dog. Not even when the dog is well within range.

I then lent the device to a friend, who has a terrier that yaps incessently. She reported back that this made NO difference whatsoever.

So, all in all, this is a very expensive ornament.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30