Profile for A. Lucas > Reviews

Content by A. Lucas

A. Lucas "bookworm" (Essex, England)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Sleeper's Castle
Sleeper's Castle
by Barbara Erskine

5.0 out of 5 stars SLEEPER'S CASTLE, 22 May 2016
This review is from: Sleeper's Castle (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have read every one of Barbara Erskine's books, and this one is most definitely up there with the best of them. It's just as mysterious, atmospheric and exciting as her other books. I can highly recommend this book to fans old and new. It has the familiar dual time storyline, which I love. I can't believe it's been 30 years since The Lady of Hay was published, I almost feel like a time travelling character in one of Barbara's books!

Anne Klein Women's Nancy Quartz Watch with Pink Dial Analogue Display and Pink Ceramic Bracelet AK/N1418RGLP

5.0 out of 5 stars ANNE KLEIN WOMEN'S WATCH, 18 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I absolutely love this watch. The photographs online are very close to the real colours, which are beautiful - not at all cheap or tacky looking. The face is 3.4cms, so its a lovely size. Not too big, but large enough to be able to read the time! It has a lovely, sturdy lock mechanism, which you have to pinch both sides to open, so it's not constantly opening by itself or catching on things. You can make the bracelet smaller if you need to - however, I didn't need to. It keeps perfect time, it's very easy to alter the time if you need to. All in all, I'd say this watch is really worth the money. I'm so happy that I have it.

Igenix IGPK02 Breakfast Set, Kettle and 2 Slice Toaster - Black
Igenix IGPK02 Breakfast Set, Kettle and 2 Slice Toaster - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Toaster and Kettle set on a budget, 13 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The main downside to this toaster and kettle set is the HUGE amount of packaging it arrived in. An enormous box, inside another box, then yet another box wedged between the kettle and toaster boxes to stop them moving around!!

That dealt with, the items are pretty good value for money. The kettle boils well, if a little slowly, but I like that it has two slots in the base so that you can choose which side to clip the cord into. The spout is good for filling, a little messy when pouring from though, so do be careful. The on/off switch is a bit cheap looking, and I do wonder how long it will last.

The toaster is small, and barely houses shop bought sliced bread, but cooks the bread evenly and quite quickly.

All in all, not a bad set...but I think if you're buying a budget set, you might find better for cheaper in your local supermarket.

The Ice Twins
The Ice Twins

2.0 out of 5 stars THE ICE TWINS, 12 May 2016
This review is from: The Ice Twins (Kindle Edition)
I was so looking forward to reading this book. I found I was extremely disappointed with it. The main character was really annoying, there wasn't really as much suspense and intrigue as I thought there would be, and the end was pretty lame.

Not the ghostly thriller I was expecting.

Monsignor Renard [DVD]
Monsignor Renard [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Thaw
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars MONSIGNOR RENARD, 12 May 2016
This review is from: Monsignor Renard [DVD] (DVD)
A gift for my Mum, she absolutely loves this, so wanted me to add a five star review for it.

Daisy in Chains
Daisy in Chains
by Sharon Bolton

5.0 out of 5 stars DAISY IN CHAINS, 12 May 2016
This review is from: Daisy in Chains (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a huge fan of Sharon Bolton's books, so was very eager to read this new one. It wasn't a disappointment. Daisy in Chains is the story of an obsessive relationship that develops between a convicted murderer and a female lawyer/bestselling author. There are, as we have come to expect from Ms Bolton, numerous twists and turns.

I always find it quite hard to review books without giving away any of the plot, and I really don't want to spoil this book for anyone. I'll just urge you to try it, whether you've read any of her previous books or not. This is definitely one of my favourites.

Rapesco Supaclip #40 & 150 Multicoloured Refills
Rapesco Supaclip #40 & 150 Multicoloured Refills

5.0 out of 5 stars Rapes o Supaclip Kit, 3 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a totally fab product. This is a genius way of clipping papers together, so efficient, so easy and fast and hassle free. I don't really know if this is a new invention or something that's been around for ages, but either way, I'm just glad I found about them now!

This pack is great value for money, including the dispenser, 25 silver coloured clips and 150 coloured clips. PLENTY to keep you going. I think one of the best things about these little clips is you can re-use them, so the 175 that come with this kit will last for ages. I like the coloured ones, so I can colour code things.

I'd highly recommend these for home or office use. Wherever you use them, you most definitely WILL use them.

HoMedics MAN-150 Portable Manicure and Pedicure kit
HoMedics MAN-150 Portable Manicure and Pedicure kit

3.0 out of 5 stars HoMedics MAN-150 Portable Manicure and Pedicure Set, 3 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is very reasonably priced, so I felt I shouldn't be moaning about it really. However, there are a couple of issues I have with it that I feel I should pass on to others. First of all, although thorough, the instruction book had me very confused about how to insert the batteries (which, incidentally, are supplied with the machine). The diagrams bore no resemblance to what was really in the compartment, and I'm not usually daft about putting in batteries, but this confused the issue unnecessarily.

The other issue I have is that on either speed setting, it seems really fierce. Within seconds, it had filed away so much of one fingernail I felt I had to cut all the others down to match it. This ferocity seems to make it cheap for some reason.

That said, it is good value for money as you get 5 interchangeable heads, the unit, a storage case, and even the batteries.

Hawaiian Tropic 150 ml SPF 30 Pump Air Soft Sun Lotion
Hawaiian Tropic 150 ml SPF 30 Pump Air Soft Sun Lotion

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Tanning Lotion, 2 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product would get five stars from me just for the smell, and how soft it makes your skin feel. It truly isn't like having suntan lotion on at all. It's just like rubbing in the lightest, most gorgeous body cream/mousse. The smell is delicious, like coconut and chocolate! My daughter and I put this on in the garden today, and when we came in, three people independently said that we smelled like holidays!!!! My daughter even put this on her face, which I was reluctant to do in case of any reaction it may have caused, but it was absolutely fine...with the added bonus that it doesn't leave your skin all shiny or oily like other tanning products. From now on, this is most definitely my tanning lotion of choice.

Avery CS501 ColorStak Desk Organiser Set (Two Letter Trays, Accessories Tray, Bit and Bobs Tray, Paper Clips, Board Pins, Sticky Notes) - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Avery Office-Tidy Stack, 30 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really surprised at the weight and sturdiness of this set. Considering the price, it's absolutely fab value for money. The lime green colour is exactly what I wanted, as I have just decorated my craft room in a lemon colour. The layers stack together beautifully, and stay together very well. I love that they can be used separately, and even placed in a drawer as a very useful drawer tidying system. As if that weren't enough, they also include a snazzy pair of scissors, post it notes, paper clips and push pins, all colour coordinated. What a great set for anyone just setting up a home office or craft room, or as a gift for a youngster who is off to university and needs to be organised in a small space. Highly recommend this. Well done Avery.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30