Profile for Robert Chisholm > Reviews

Content by Robert Chisholm

Robert Chisholm (Rutland, UK)

Mag Pai Zai
Mag Pai Zai
Offered by musik-markt

5.0 out of 5 stars Different but ...., 2 July 2012
This review is from: Mag Pai Zai (Audio CD)
... absolutely superb! Do yourselves a favour and get this. Be prepared to let it grow on you, and don't expect it to be like most other stuff you've heard in the past. Great songwriting delivered in a personal and individual fashion. And if you get a chance to see Declan live then go for it. A real find.

SLX Gold digiTop Amplified High Performance Indoor Aerial for TV (UHF/Freeview), FM Radio, DAB Radio, Wideband

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 July 2012
I was a little bit concerned that this may not live up to expectations especially as this was for my elderly mother for use with a 2nd TV. However I shouldn't have worried because it was simplicity itself to set up and to obtain a very good picture.

Did what was claimed and at a competitive price too!

21 Amazon Exclusive Edition [Includes pullout poster containing Adele's hand written lyrics]

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, 2 Feb. 2011
No doubt about it, the marketing for this album was top notch ... but it was worth it all!

For once the ends justified the means. It may take a 2nd or 3rd listening to, but every track on this album is a stunner.

'One and Only' is just brilliant and would be my favourite track if I was made to choose one ... but then ... ah damn it, the whole album is brilliant. It would have been nice if they'd included the 'Rolling In The Deep' video too, but it matters not.

With '21' Adele has just become the top female British artist, and she appeals to my youngest (21) and me (53) and beyond through the force of her talent.

Thanks Adele. X

The Essential Alison Krauss
The Essential Alison Krauss

5.0 out of 5 stars What would anyone expect?, 13 Oct. 2009
Along with many who have been aware of Alisons gifts for many years I already own all of these tracks on the original CD's - it would be a good introduction but you will do yourself a favour by getting some of the back catalogue albums too. The 'New Favourite' album is my favourite, but in all honesty it doesn't matter which album you choose as it will be full of gems and superlative musicianship from Alison and the boys in Union Station.

I would also recommend getting the live DVD - just brilliant! My wife and I saw them in Birmingham on their last tour (2005 if I recall correctly!) and the only thing I can say about that is that it was an absolute privilege to have been there.

I hope that the release of this Essential album is the prelude to an upcoming UK tour. Come back Alison and Union Station - it's been far, far too long. And whilst you're at it have a word with the Dixie's as well please ...

Lonely Runs Both Ways
Lonely Runs Both Ways

5.0 out of 5 stars If you come across this by accident, think yourself lucky .., 14 April 2007
This review is from: Lonely Runs Both Ways (Audio CD)
All I can do when someone tells me they have never heard of Alison Krauss & Union Station is smile and realise how I am 'The Lucky One' 'Now That I've Found You' .... truly a 'New Favourite'

Seriously though, how can anyone not be drawn in if they ever get round to owning any AKUS music. Seeing them in concert in Birmingham in Sept.2005 was nothing short of a privilege and something I will treasure until the day I die. If only they knew how much they mean to their fans in the UK I am sure they would pay us a visit more often.

Truly they are a gift.

If anyone is wondering what the hell I am talking about - first of all ditch your pre-conceptions about Country music, then do yourself a favour and buy this album or 'New Favourite' or 'Forget About It' or, as a real treat, get the LIVE DVD. Then sit back, relax, enjoy and wonder why on earth you ever wasted so much time on others before this came along to seduce you.