Profile for Halihan > Reviews

Content by Halihan

Halihan "bugsNroses" (London, UK)

The Smart Girl's Guide to Growing Up
The Smart Girl's Guide to Growing Up
by Anita Ganeri

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the right amount of info for young girls., 2 Aug. 2012
I read a lot of reviews before choosing to buy this book for my 9 year old daughter, am I am pleased wih my choice. The book included information on some of the topics that my daughter asked me questions on without being too graphic, which I feel is appropriate for her age.

Bring It On: Fight To The Finish [DVD]
Bring It On: Fight To The Finish [DVD]
Dvd ~ Christina Milian
Offered by Jasuli

1.0 out of 5 stars Dire... what else can I say?, 3 Feb. 2011
I loved the first 'Bring it on' film. The 3rd one is enjoyable too, but this latest offering is dire!

The routines arent as polished as the ones in the two films mentioned above. The winning team's routine at the end is nowhere near as good as their trailing rivals.

The thing that annoyed me most in this film is the constant race issues that were kept being thrown in your face. Most of the 'Bring it on' films have underlining race issues but this one is too much. Okay Okay, the main character is Latino. We get the point!!!
Also, the 'good girls' who are shy and decent think that to be liked they need to gyrate their hips around and talk street to be noticed.

The storyline is weak and the characters are either too wooden or too OTT.

Dont bother with this.

Venom Light Blaster Gun (Wii)
Venom Light Blaster Gun (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gun - just dont trust all the reviews here for compatability, 3 Dec. 2010
I went through the reviews here before buying this gun. The reviews are pretty spot on, except for what games its compatible with! I have Resident Evil 4, and a couple of reviews here said that the gun is fine with this game. I havent bought any shoot-em up games before this one, so I bought the gun and game at the same time from Amazon. When they both came, I realised that to shoot in the RE4 game,you need to press both A and B, and the gun is designed for games that shoot with the B button only.

Not the fault of the gun, or that game for that matter. Its the fault of clueless reviews!

The gun itself has a great weight to it and feels good in the hand. If anyone can recommend games that actually do work well with this gun, I would like to hear them as I dont want it to be left gathering dust.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2011 7:56 AM GMT

Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Furious Five
Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Furious Five
Dvd ~ Jack Black

1.0 out of 5 stars A total waste of money... not time though as its only 24 mins!, 5 Aug. 2010
Totally agree with the other reviews.

I didnt realise how short this DVD was until I got home and noticed the running time on the back of the box.

The way it has been advertised makes the buyer think that its a proper film, not a mini cartoon!

The price is way for high for what you actually get.

Dont bother with this.

Datel Max VII Guitar (Wii)
Datel Max VII Guitar (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guitar - much better than the Officiak wireless ones!, 3 July 2010
We bought this guitar for my son to accompany his Lego Rock Band Game. We also bought one of the Fender wireless guitars a few weeks later but those type of controllers are more hassle that they are worth! We had all sorts of connection problems and it ended up going back and we bought another of the Datel Max guitars instead.

The best plus point is that you can just pop the Wii controller into it and start playing. The fret buttons are big and chunky and great for kids fingers to get at and the 'cool' design makes it popular with kids.

I also use it to play 'The Beatles' game and have no problems using it and I am lanky adult!

Get it, you wont regret it.