Profile for Papa > Reviews

Content by Papa

Papa "Papa" (united kingdom)

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
Offered by RnR World

4.0 out of 5 stars WE WANT TO PLAY GAMES NOT WATCH MOVIES, 23 Jun. 2008
Bought this game the on launch day because I've been a life long fan of the Metal Gear series. The game play and graphics are quite wonderful. A really big step up and you can actually play sneaking about or just killing everyone in sight. I favour killing everyone because I end up picking up their weapons and selling them off to Drebin..lol.. The vehicle mission I played was really good, enjoyed that a lot. The sneaking after resistance members is quite boring and annoying most times, I could have done without that.
Would have been fun if We could put silencers on & off all the weapons (atleast the machine guns and pistols).

The main thing I do not like about this game is the long, long, very long & drawn out cut scenes. Believe me, sometimes its like you're watching a DVD movie. Cut scenes do not have to be so long before people can understand whats going on, we're not retards. I bought the game to play it, not watch cut scene after cut scene. Some cut scenes are really a joy to watch eg, when Raiden fights the Nano machines in the market place (Act 2)..that was a joy to watch but a lot of cutscenes after that were just over drawn.
If the cut scenes were not so long, I would have given the game a Five star rating.
Overall, I'll advise anyone to but it, its worth the experience.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS3)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS3)
Offered by UK-Bargain-Cellar

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing much to say, 8 May 2008
Most major improvements was player roaster..nothing else...all wonder goals gone, long distance goals are gone. Hope they get it right next time.
People like me still buy pro evo because I'm a fan for ever. Fifa can rot away for all i care. Pro evolution is still technical and fun to play regardless...very realistic. We'll get it right next time

Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Offered by Bargain Games UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Highs & Lows of GTA4, 2 May 2008
This game gets a 5 start rating because there is no game out there of the same calibre that is better than GTA4. Saints Row is way below GTA4, what else is out there ?

To all GTA fans lets assess GTA4 on its merits without prejudice. Will this game keep u playing for hours without turning it off ? Yes. Will it stay in your console for days, weeks and months on end ? YES. If your answers are yes, then it definitely is a great game. Let's look at the high and low points of this game.

Let me first start with the lows.
U can't buy, sell or own properties and businesses. The car handling takes a lot of getting used to. U cant drive in GTA4 like u did in all previous GTA series.
Would have been a plus if u could decide who u want to play as like in Saints Row. Playing as Niko Bellic is not bad but would have preferred to play as eg Tommy Vercetti, CJ from San Andreas or someone else of my choice.
Not been able to go to the gym and bulk up is a minus, loved the sight of CJ in Tank tops and t-shirts, made me feel like a bad guy. So far, don't have a safe house with a drive-in garage where I could store my own cars, all I have is residential parking and I'm at my second safe house.
I feel the hand to hand combat is too slow, I prefer the faster pace of the previous GTA games.

On the flip side, the highs make up for the lows:
U can now watch TV, buy food from lots of places, street vendors etc, u can get drunk and Niko starts finding it difficult to walk or drive, having a girlfriend is easier now, mobile phone, smashing car windows and hot-wiring cars to steal them.
Cars don't explode instantly anymore, Sat Nav, cover system, graphics, less cartoony characters, paying toll when crossing islands, calling a taxi to give u a ride, game can be played without cheats, there's music from all over the world, no loading screens between islands, u don't lose weapons when u die or get arrested. I lost control of the car while driving Badman during a mission, we fell in the river and had to swim clear of the car, in previous GTA games, it would have been game over, mission failed, in GTA4, badman just swam out with me, climbed up a cliff with me, jacked another car and we continued the mission. The cop chases now have a radar area and u can work out where the cops are and how to escape. The graphics are really good, take a sit back and look around u when u'r parked, walking or driving, the attention to detail is amazing especially when u play in HD.

Overall, it's not a bad game at all. They could have done better but they could have done much worse too.Eg the makers of need for speed went from being good to poor with the launch of Need for street Pro Street, they fixed something that wasn't broke. To those people that think GTA4 is not as good as some of its previous like Vice city and San Andreas, I think u need to play GTA4 then go back and play the previous ones. I played San Andreas recently and was amazed at how behind in time the graphics look. U won't appreciate GTA4 if u don't go back and look at the previous instalments.
My greatest disappointment with GTA4 is that I do not feel any sense of achievement so far, mainly because I'm just running about doing stuff for everyone but myself. If only I could be running my own business and making my own weekly money after building my own business, everything would have been perfect.
To the makers of GTA, please, when u have a good game and want to make it better, leave the things that were in place with the good one and just add more things and improvements to make a better one. Do not remove the things that made the previous game great. Eg, buying houses, own business; own my own mansion, run a crew, gyming to bulk up with muscles. If these had been in GTA4, the game would have owned the world.

Conflict: Denied Ops (PS3)
Conflict: Denied Ops (PS3)
Offered by EXPRESS GAMES BOUTIQUE

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to scratch, 18 Feb. 2008
I won't advise anyone to buy this game. You can atleast rent it but don't buy it if you know the value of money. The game came out to compete with the likes of rainbow six, call of duty 4 etc but it did not even come close. Not by a mile. The game makers got this very wrong, its like they did not assess the market out there. New Games are supposed to do better than what is already out there.
Why did they make it a first person shooter when it was previously doing well as a third person shooter ?
The game play is crap, I played as the sniper and I shot some people but they didnt die, they didnt even act like they got hit (I hit them zoomed in on sniper mode).
What they needed to do was to make a game better than COD4 and GEARS OF WAR but they did not, this game is only fit for a 2003 game, not a high definition, PS3 powered 2008 game.