Profile for Alex Gordon > Reviews

Voice - The Best Of Beverley Knight
Voice - The Best Of Beverley Knight
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Good delivery by the supplier as, 27 Sept. 2014
Bought for my son to give to my wife as a birthday present and she loves it. Good delivery by the supplier as well

Soul UK
Soul UK
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only is this a brilliant CD but the service was quite outstanding, 27 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Soul UK (Audio CD)
Not only is this a brilliant CD but the service was quite outstanding. Ordered Sept 16th for delivery Oct 02nd. Actual delivery Sept 20th. Now that is what I call excellent service. As to the content of the CD? Beverley delivers shear class on thirteen very fine British Soul classics. Music is such a very personal thing but for me the standout tracks are Fairplay, There's Nothing Like This, Apparently Nothin' and When You Gonna Learn. You'll just have to make your own mind up but for sure this is nothing short of a brilliant album from one of the best singers around.

One and Only (Memphis Mix)
One and Only (Memphis Mix)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Half Bad As Well, 20 Jun. 2014
As I have also reviewed the Kitchen Sink Mix it is only fair that I do the same with this version. Music, as we all know, is a very personal thing and I really liked the fully loaded version with the band, strings, choir and the brass section. The way I hear this is that the vocals are the same on both mixes. Those are clear and heart felt all you can ask from a singer. On this version the brass section takes the secondary focus being further forward in the mixing process. The wonderful sax solo is also here and again this lifts the song well away from Adele's original. It is well worth the 4 stars and only a personal preference keeps it from getting the same 5 stars as the Kitchen Sink Mix. Very strong interpretation from Siobhan with a song that has kind of got lost from Adele's own performances. That's her loss and for Siobhan and Lights Out By Nine a massive gain.

One and Only (Kitchen Sink Mix)
One and Only (Kitchen Sink Mix)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Half bad, 20 Jun. 2014
OK I down loaded both versions of this track. Of the two I prefer the Kitchen Sink Mix as it suits the material better. Siobhan has a clear voice and really feels the lyrics. However unlike the previous reviewer thought this is in fact a cover of an Adele song. vaing said that it is very much her own take on the song. I like the way it starts slowly with just a keyboard before real strings come on-board. Once the whole band, brass section and choir join in the results are very good indeed. Where this strongly differs from the original is the added section featuring a wonderful sax break. Yes a very polished performance all round from this new singer and the excellent Lights Out By Nine band out of Fife.

ER: The Complete First Season [DVD] [1995]
ER: The Complete First Season [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Anthony Edwards
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant., 12 Mar. 2014
What can I possibly add that has not been said before? Well frankly nothing. From every possible standpoint ER is an outstanding body of work which I can now look forward to watching all through again. Very worthy of the five stars.

Dinner For One [European Import / Region 2]
Dinner For One [European Import / Region 2]
Dvd ~ Freddie Frinton
Offered by nagiry

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterclass in comedy, 12 Mar. 2014
I have many friends in Bavaria where this TV programme is has an outing every New Year's eve. It has, as far as I know, never had any showings on British TV and can not understand why. It really is a masterclass in comedy and timing. Factor in the fact that it is very funny and can stand repeated viewings I'll be enjoying it as I try to make it essential viewing for my family come Hogmanay

ER: The Complete Second Season [DVD] [1995]
ER: The Complete Second Season [DVD] [1995]
Dvd ~ Anthony Edwards
Offered by J&A_Goods

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying the re-run, 12 Mar. 2014
I had always enjoyed ER when it was on TV. Now I, and we, can sit and remember just how good these series were. Excellent transfers and touch wood no problems at all with the double sided DVD's.

Meeting The Shadows (Lp + Cd) [VINYL]
Meeting The Shadows (Lp + Cd) [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a present, 12 Mar. 2014
I bought this package to give over as a present to my brother. He is very happy with the idea of having available the two different media options. His precious vinyl and a back up version on CD for the car.

Adobe Audition CS6 Classroom in a Book: The Official Training Workbook from Adobe Systems (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))
by Adobe Creative Team

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 12 Mar. 2014
Having been a long time user of Cool Edit Pro I decided that I needed to upgrade to a more advanced system. As I am a Windows based user and having no previous knowledge of Pro Tools I wanted to stay with a similar GUI to that which I had been familiar with hence the selection of CS6. The package is proving to be just what I needed and my knowledge has been enhanced via the addition of Classroom In A Book. The layout and information are first class whilst the tutorials are well thought out and easy to use and understand.
This is an excellent adjunct to have available for users of all levels and requirements.

Heads And Tales/Sniper And Other Love Songs
Heads And Tales/Sniper And Other Love Songs

5.0 out of 5 stars Still my favourite, 16 Jan. 2014
Ok so he was not the best singer around but for me he was and still is my favourite singer songwriter. His story songs resonated with me and I am so pleased that I got to see him live twice. Yes I have these albums on vinyl but I got these CD versions for the car.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6