Profile for Steve > Reviews

FIFA 14 (PS4)
FIFA 14 (PS4)
Offered by SelectGames

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: FIFA 14 (PS4) (Video Game)
Last Fifa I bought was Fifa10 on the PS3. Suffice to say, Fifa14 on the PS4 blew me away.
Not only are the visuals stunning, but the gameplay is now incredibly realistic. An immensely satisfying experience...highly recommended!

Beauty Stab
Beauty Stab

5.0 out of 5 stars ABC's Finest, 13 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Beauty Stab (Audio CD)
If you're familiar with other ABC material then this could be a difficult listen at first. Stick with it and you'll find there's much to enjoy.
It would have been too far ahead of the game to be a commercial success when originally released. However, today it's a great listen and has clearly stood the test of time.

Reality Killed the Video Star
Reality Killed the Video Star
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch, 11 Nov. 2009
To be honest I thought Mr Williams had lost it...particularly after his X-factor performance. However, and this is a huge however....this album is a belter.
All songs are strong in a mixture of styles and Trevor Horn's production is pure class. Highly recommended from someone who hasn't bought a RW album before!

HP Color LaserJet CP2025n Network Colour Laser Printer
HP Color LaserJet CP2025n Network Colour Laser Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Printer, 6 Nov. 2009
Really pleased with this speedy office printer which was bought for my home network. Even on plain paper the hp toner has a real shine which makes both text and pictures really stand out. Perviously I would never have considered using a laser to print photos to put in frames, but with the right paper the results are very impressive. Although the toner carts aren't cheap the cost per page is good compared with inkjet and entry level colour lasers.

Watchmen (2-Disc) [Blu-ray] [2009]
Watchmen (2-Disc) [Blu-ray] [2009]
Dvd ~ Carla Gugino

4.0 out of 5 stars One to watch!, 14 Aug. 2009
Before watching Watchmen I knew absolutely nothing of them.

Given this, I found myself engrossed in a very entertaining film. I was starting to get a little bored of all the comic based films, but Watchmen is quite different. It's cool, dark, and edgy with superb production values. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because for me it was a touch too long.

Highly recommended, but not one for the kids.

Knowing [Blu-ray] [2009]
Knowing [Blu-ray] [2009]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly decent, 11 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Knowing [Blu-ray] [2009] (Blu-ray)
Don't be put off by some of the reviews, this is actually a pretty good SciFi film. I just wish I hadn't scanned so many reviews before taking the plunge as that spoilt things somewhat.

From what I had read I was half expecting something really bizarre to happen ala From Dusk Til Dawn. The ending may not be what some people want but it fits in with the rest of the film.

If you want a real end of the world turkey try The Day the Earth stood still.

The Day The Earth Stood Still [Blu-ray] [2008]
The Day The Earth Stood Still [Blu-ray] [2008]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, oh dear, 27 April 2009
Unfortunately I bought this on impulse after being sucked in by trailers.

Awful film, the main culprit being the ridiculous script. I found myself shouting at the screen on a number of occasions. The first appearance of GORT features some of the worse CGI I've seen in a long time, otherwise effects are hit and miss. Keanu Reeves and Jennifer Connelly are OK but the token kid is just an annoyance.

The idea had potential and you watch the film in anticipation, but nothing ever comes from it.

Netgear DG834PN RangeMax MIMO-G Wireless ADSL Modem Router with 4-port 10/100 switch

4.0 out of 5 stars Just great, 16 July 2006
Having recently upgraded to ADSLmax my Linksys WAG54 modem router started having problems by continually dropping the ADSL connection to my ISP - after unsucessfully getting to the bottom of the problem I purchase a Belkin mimo G+ modem router which managed to hold the connection for longer but still had the occasional drop requiring a re-boot.

So I gave the Netgear DG834PN a try - not with much hope after reading some of the reviews.

However I have not had a single drop with the netgear router - connection speed appears to be down a little which could mean it has found a more stable speed (4mbit) or that could be attributed to something else.

So basically I can't fault it - looks great, no aerials, informative web console (didn't have to look at the manual once), good single strength and solid stability thus far with ADSLmax.