Profile for C. Evenari > Reviews

Sforno : Commentary on the Torah
Sforno : Commentary on the Torah
by Raphael Pellcovitz

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, 28 Feb. 2014
Sforno's commentaries are great.
The letters are very clear and on white paper (as I am old, it is important to be able to read everything well)
The explanatory notes of Rabbi Raphael Pelcovitz I like too.
(I am a woman, never went to a Yeshivah)

Radical Responsibility:: Celebrating the Thought of Chief Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks
by Michael J. Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars I admire Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks..., 8 Mar. 2013
and everything he writes. I especially like what he says about our responsibility for the world and the people around us.
If we are religious, it is not for going into a hiding place and enjoy religion there, although many seem to feel good this way,
but to live our life within the world with Responsibility.

The Gruffalo Activity Book
The Gruffalo Activity Book
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Children love this story, 8 Mar. 2013
The story is great!
Children love it also. They were excited listening to it and able to tell it themselves.

Celebrating Life: Finding Happiness in Unexpected Places (Continuum Compact Series)
by Jonathan Sacks

5.0 out of 5 stars After heaving read in this book, you really can find happiness in unespected place., 9 Dec. 2012
For me it is a pleasure to open this book. Wherever you start, you will find yourself in a place, that makes you happy. It is all about faith, God, moral, friendship and more. Holding this book in my hand and having a look inside, I feel I found something like a treasure.
And as my mothertongue is German, I especially enjoy the wonderful English Rabbi Sacks speaks. It gives me the feeling, one has while looking at a precious painting.
Christel Michal Evenari

From Optimism to Hope: Thoughts for the Day
From Optimism to Hope: Thoughts for the Day
by Jonathan Sacks

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for people who love "small thoughts" for every day, 9 Dec. 2012
I very much appreciate everything, Rabbi Sir Jonathan Sacks tells or writes. For a Jew, but not only for him, it is always a pleasure, to listen to Rabbi Sacks or to read something, he wrote. But not only for Jews, but for everone who believes in God.
This little book "FROM OPTIMISM TO HOPE" is especially written for people who like to read something spiritual, but do not have much time. He/she will find for nearly every day a little more than a page with uplifting thoughts on different subjects. Sometimes I read it even in bed. Who does not appreciate a little encouragement at any time of the day.
Christel Michal Evenari