Profile for Theresa Maher > Reviews

Content by Theresa Maher

Theresa Maher (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
CHAKRAS: Harness the Power of Chakra Meditation to Radiate Energy, Balance Chakras, Enhance your Spiritual Wellness and Physical Health

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, but..., 20 Mar. 2016
I really enjoyed this book, it reacquainted me with some knowledge I already have & it introduced me to some new information... My only gripe is that it came to an abrupt end, leaving me wanting more...

(Pack of 4) Tick Tock - Tick Tock Earl Grey 40 Bag
(Pack of 4) Tick Tock - Tick Tock Earl Grey 40 Bag
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars The Earl at his best...., 11 July 2015
I love Tick Tock Rooibos Earl Grey, it is so refreshing and tasty.... I used to drink traditional Earl Grey Tea (my favourite being Twinings) but sadly since being on medication and it causing sensitivity to caffeine, I can no longer drink them, because even the decaffeinated variety causes quite nasty headaches and has a severely diuretic effect.

Tick Tock Rooibos Earl Grey is naturally caffeine free and my head and my bladder are not in the slightest bit effected by it, so now I drink this on a regular basis (along with the other Tick Tock Rooibos Teas).

I find this to be lovely after a long day, it is a great pick-me-up and is also nice to drink at night time, because it won't interfere with sleep as it doesn't have any caffeine.

I recommend this to anyone who like traditional Earl Grey Tea.

Tick Tock Original Rooibos Tea Bags 4 x 40 Pack = 160 Tea Bags (Caffeine Free)
Tick Tock Original Rooibos Tea Bags 4 x 40 Pack = 160 Tea Bags (Caffeine Free)
Offered by Superfood Market

5.0 out of 5 stars You've tried the rest.... Now try the best...., 11 July 2015
I'm a real tea belly, I love Herbal Teas, Chai, Earl Grey, Green Tea and Traditional Tea - but sadly I'm highly sensitive to caffeine (due to medication) and even the Decaffeinated varieties of tea (or coffee) can induce a massive headache and have quite severe diuretic effects on me so it's safer to steer clear of them all together....

So when I was introduced to Rooibos (Redbush) Tea by a friend who works in a health food store, I was delighted to find that it is gorgeous and I now drink Rooibos Tea in place of traditional Black Tea, Green Tea and Chai (I still don't like coffee much)....

Having been introduced to Rooibos I tried many varieties, Twinings, Pukka, Heath & Heather, Tea Pigs, PG Tips and Tetley to name but a few, then along came Tick Tock and I have never looked back - I am well and truly hooked on Tick Tock Teas - I have a box of each of their Teas in my cupboard at all times, I even take a handful of each flavour Rooibos Tea on holiday with us.

I can't recommend Tick Tock Rooibos Tea highly enough.

Tick Tock Honey, Lemon and Ginger 40 Teabags (Pack of 4, Total 160 Teabags)
Tick Tock Honey, Lemon and Ginger 40 Teabags (Pack of 4, Total 160 Teabags)
Offered by Ainley Organics LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious as a Cooler or a Warmer, 11 July 2015
Another Tick Tock Rooibos Tea that I love....

When the weather is hot I like to make it into a Rooibos Honey, Lemon & Ginger Cooler: I brew myself a cup (with 2 teabags) and leave it to go cold, then pour it into a long glass, over a couple of ice cubes (not too many as it will water the taste down) and there you have it - a delicious (and chea) cooler.

When the weather is cold I like to snuggle down on the sofa and drink a hot cup of Rooibos Honey, Lemon & Ginger tea: I brew one teabag in a cup, leave it to stand for about 5 minutes to really give the flavour a chance to infuse and there you have it - a delicious hot drink to help warm you from the inside.

I have to admit I don't tend to get many colds (I like to think my love for Herbal Teas and fitness play a big role in this) but I have given it to my family when they've had colds and although my daughter and husband don't share my love of herbs and fitness - they do however enjoy a cup of this Rooibos Honey, Lemon & Ginger Tea to sooth their cold and flu symptoms.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes the taste of Honey, Leon & Ginger - you will not be disappointed.

Tick Tock Vanilla Chai Rooibos Tea 40 Bags
Tick Tock Vanilla Chai Rooibos Tea 40 Bags
Offered by Superfooduk

5.0 out of 5 stars Rooibos Vanilla Chai, 11 July 2015
Anyone who has read my other Tick Tock reviews will know I'm sensitive to caffeine (due to medication) and I try to avoid it wherever possible, so Tick Tock have been a gift from the Gods for me, as I love tea, I love Chai and I love Green Tea, but due to being sensitive to caffeine I had all but cut them out of my diet, so now, thanks to Tick Tock, I can (and regularly do) enjoy a cup of Chai, or Green Tea or regular (Rooibos) Tea as they're all naturally caffeine free.

I've tried many different varieties of Chai, including Costa's Chai Latte (nice but pricey and high calories); Twinings Bollywood Chai Latte (too sweet); Tesco Vanilla Chai (can't really fault it) and Yogi Tea Green Chai (again very nice and can't really fault it) but I keep coming back to this one....

I come back to this one primarily because it is caffeine free, but also because it is delicious with or without milk, although I'd always prefer to add milk, as it creates a touch of luxury for someone who drinks a lot of water and herbal teas.

I highly recommend it, if you like traditional Black Tea Chai, then you should enjoy Rooibos Vanilla Chai equally - if not more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2016 2:57 PM BST

Tick Tock Org Green Rooibos 40bags (Pack of 4 - 160 bagss)
Tick Tock Org Green Rooibos 40bags (Pack of 4 - 160 bagss)
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Green Tea without the caffeine side effects, 11 July 2015
I try to avoid caffeine as much as possible (it gives me headaches and is a very strong diuretic) but I also like green tea, so when I started buying Tick Tock Original Rooibos Tea in our local Tesco I discovered that there is also a Green Tea Variety.... I was a really excited to try it (I am something of a Herbal Tea addict) so I bought a box.

It is delicious - it still has that distinctly Rooibos flavour about it, but there is also a slightly crisper taste, like you get from traditional Green Tea; but unlike Green Tea, Rooibos Green Tea doesn't turn sour if you happen to forget you've poured yourself a cup (or the phone rings) in actual fact, I think this drink benefits from slightly longer brewing time.

I have recommended to a few people who like Green Tea, but don't like its diuretic effects and they've all been impressed.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones and reasonable price, 5 Sept. 2014
I love these headphones....

I bought them for the gym and when I'm out walking and they are just perfect; I have bought many sets of headphones (in-ears and can-style) over the years, I generally do better with these can-style headphones (due to the sound quality from in-ear buds not being so good) but the biggest issue for me is usually the wires, especially at the gym....

I took these to the gym and it was so liberating, being able to workout - going from machine to machine, not having to watch where the wires are hanging and worrying about the armband slipping down as I was getting into my workout.

The sound quality is what you expect from these can-style headphones - lovely base, even treble and loud enough to be heard over the engine of a noisy bus when out and about; I walked round town in them the other day and generally take them off as soon as I get home, but I walked in the front door, unpacked my shopping bags and started making a cup of coffee before I realised I was still listening to them - they was just so comfortable on my head and the sound quality was so good that I guess I must have got lost in the music.

Functionality is pretty good as well, fast forwarding and rewinding is easy whilst they are on your ears - I always set them to Random Playback, so I switch them on, let the music start playing, then set them to play Random and then place them on my head, adjust the volume to a suitable level (not over my ears, because the always start at full volume) then I place them over my ears, and away I go.

I would say the only thing that is slightly irritating is the battery life - I used them at the gym (approximately 120 minutes) then later that day I went for a walking to town (approximately 100 minutes) and went for another walk yesterday, but they died about 45 minutes into my walk, which isn't bad I guess, but I am an iPod Classic owner and the battery life on that is endless, so maybe I'm spoilt by this and this slight niggle is a bit unfair, but it is worth noting for people who (like myself) demand a lot from the battery life of their electronics - the way I'm getting round this issue is by putting them on charge every day, after I've finished using them, I charge my phone daily, so it's no hardship to do the same for these headphones, but some people might not be happy with this aspect.

Generally speaking, I am absolutely over the moon with them - they are comfortable, the sound quality is great and the price is so reasonable; my only reservation is the battery life on playback - but it's a judgement call and my judgement is I can live with it.

I would recommend them to people, especially people like myself that spend hours at the gym, or walking/running - so long as you're willing to charge them daily.

Marcy CL803-B80 Cardio Star Deluxe Exercise Cycle (Silver/Black)
Marcy CL803-B80 Cardio Star Deluxe Exercise Cycle (Silver/Black)
Offered by PureFitness & Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Bike, 7 Jun. 2013
I am in the process of losing 11stone (69.9kg) and I was looking for some kind of cardiovascular exercise to do, sadly walking is out of the question (due to a hip injury) and I can't afford to keep doing swimming, so I decided to buy an exercise bike; I was looking at a couple of options, but my main criteria was a high Maximum User Weight and magnetic resistance, so in the end I chose to Marcy CL803 because it has a Maximum User Weight of 150kg.

It arrived within 5 days of ordering (I ordered it on a Monday and I was riding it by Friday the same week). It was pretty straight forward to put together; all the parts were in the box; all the parts were easily identifiable; the instruction were mostly diagrams and well documented, accurate and pretty idiot proof. My husband did most of the assembling by himself, he just needed an extra pair of hands for some of the larger parts (it is possible to do it solo, but does benefit from a collaborative approach). Once assembled we wheeled it into position (near a window in the corner of the room) which was easy enough thanks to the small wheels on the front leg of the bike. The mains cable is about 1 metre long, so I use an extension cable (which I already had in position because it is the one I use for my hair dryer).

Once I was happy with the bikes location I plugged the bike it, straight away the monitor lit up and beeped into life (the screen is bright blue and very easy to read, even on a sunny morning) so I went through the process of setting myself up as User One (U1 on the monitor display) which is basically you entering your gender; age; height & weight (in metric measurements I'm afraid) so it is probably best you take note of these details before sitting on the bike and trying to set it up for the first time (unlike me). Once you have set yourself (and any other users your require) you are good to go.

There are numerous preset programs for you to use, or you can just get on and cycle (freestyle as I call it) and alter the resistance as you require; for the first week I used freestyle and altered the resistance to control my heart rate, but now (5 weeks later) I have now set myself a Personal Program that lasts 30 minutes and has varied resistances throughout; you can set yourself goals to achieve at certain distance, heart rate and time.

The bike is really quiet, I get up early some mornings to use the bike, whilst my husband is still asleep and it has never woke him up; I asked my daughter if she can hear it from her bedroom (next door) and she said she has never heard it; we had guests staying over a couple of weeks ago, they were sleeping in the living room (directly below our bedroom) so when I finished using the bike I asked them if they heard it, they said no, they didn't even realise anyone was awake at that time (my puffing and panting is the noisiest part of the bike).

I had already lost 4stone 2.5lb. (26.6kg) by the time I purchased the bike, and since purchasing the bike (5 weeks ago) I have lost another 8lb. (2.7kg). I am following a healthy diet, I still have one Take Away a week (usually Indian as I work in an Indian restaurant) and I still eat chocolate and ice cream on a semi regular basis, but now with the addition of the exercise bike I am finally getting some much needed cardiovascular exercise.

One of the best aspects of owning an exercise bike is the fact that my hip problems have not got worse, if anything I would say that the hip has got stronger and I am now able to walk for longer periods (I can now get round the supermarket without being in agony) and my swimming technique has also improved (probably because my hip is less painful and has more flexibility).

All in all I am really pleased with my purchase, I love my bike. I started off by doing 5 minutes a day and now (only 5 weeks later) I am doing 30 minutes cycling a day; I have so much more energy, I am not so hampered by the heat (or humidity) and my sleep has improved immensely; some of this is an inevitable advantage of losing weight, but I attribute it to the introduction of my exercise bike; my weight loss was beginning to stagnate, but now I have an exercise bike it has been kick started back to life....

I cannot recommend this bike highly enough.

Stunning Plain Pashmina Shawl Scarf Wrap 9 Colours New - Ice Blue
Stunning Plain Pashmina Shawl Scarf Wrap 9 Colours New - Ice Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price, 11 April 2013
I have purchased about 14 of these, they are very light weight, quite delicate material and snags really easily, but for the price, what can you say.... Some of the scarves did have a musty smell, which I put down to the dying process and was quickly rectified by hand washing them, but a note of caution, if you are washing these items, you need to change the water for every item and you need to make sure they don't touch each other whilst they are wet, because they will transfer colours very quickly, I now have a green splodge on my gold scarf, but it's not really a problem and a mistake I didn't make again....

The colours are very pretty and the ones I have purchased are very similar to the colours shown on screen.

I have the following colours:
Black
Gold
White
Rose Pink
Lime
Purple
Ice Blue (very pale blue, almost white)
Turquoise (more like blue)
Smoke (more like silver grey)
Dark Chocolate Brown
Orange (more like burnt orange)
Buttermilk Yellow (more like sunshine yellow, much brighter than the photo)
Red
Blossom Pink (more like baby pink)

Bewitched Accessories Pashmina Style Scarf In Black

White
Rose Pink
Lime
Purple
Ice Blue (very pale blue, almost white)
Turquoise (more like blue)
Smoke (more like silver grey)
Dark Chocolate Brown
Orange (more like burnt orange)
Buttermilk Yellow (more like sunshine yellow, much brighter than the photo)
Red
Blossom Pink (more like baby pink)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11