Profile for Dharmika > Reviews

Content by Dharmika

Dharmika

Witch Crystal (Witches of Zrotaz Book 1)
Witch Crystal (Witches of Zrotaz Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny & imaginative!, 25 Aug. 2014
I absolutely loved this book and I couldn't put it down! It is a story about a 15 year old girl called Larissa, a Witch Crystal and a boy named Jack. It is interesting to read about a new planet called Zrotaz. I particularly enjoyed the profound descriptions of the scenery, for example the purple sky and pink sea. I found some of the creatures funny, my favourite is the owl and the rock people! Malika Gandhi is able to weave a fascinating read of fantastic imaginative creatures, worlds, and magic!

Great work! Eagerly waiting to read the next!

Freedom of the Monsoon
Freedom of the Monsoon
by Malika Gandhi

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful and enjoying read, 31 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Freedom of the Monsoon (Paperback)
It took me a while to read this book but I must say it is a good read. It was very interesting to see how four individual lives although as friends started off and how their individual stories carried on within the year of 1942. I felt more involved half way through the book to see how the lives can change so suddenly and change the way their outlook in life. Malika has brought this all in the book and it was lovely to see how she adapted the Gujarati language and the indian
culture and values into this book. I was also pleased to see that she did not dwell too much into the fights and wars which is what you may expect at first, she used this strategically within the book, which was good to see and how it impacted different families. Poojas life touched me more and how she always had hope even within the hurdles of her life and stayed positive. Overall the book ended well and I would say that it can easily still have a follow up..or let you think what may happen further. Malika has shown good skill within her writing and i would recommend to this to all. I will be looking forward to her next book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2012 3:09 PM BST