Profile for biggy54 > Reviews

Content by biggy54

biggy54 (Devon)

Loves Voodoo!
Loves Voodoo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant band, brilliant album as is their other album ..., 11 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Loves Voodoo! (MP3 Download)
Brilliant band, brilliant album as is their other album "shaminaid" I watched them in concert on you tube and was blown away by their awesome musicianship and strength of songwriting. I am of an age were I have seen the best over the years so not really impressed by the current line up of bands but My Baby are in a class of their own at the moment.
They are making an appearance at a South Devon Festival on the 30th July so bad back and dodgy knees aside I think the price of a ticket to see this band live is well justified....

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings!, 7 Mar. 2014
Although the basic quality of the trimmer is ok the comb head is very poor, it broke after only a few days and this may I add is the second Remington I have owned and the same thing happened to the first one! No more cheap trimmers from now on.....

Mulbess Sony Xperia Z Ultra-thin Shell Luxury Aluminum Metal Bumper HardCase Cover for Sony Xperia Z Color Silver

2.0 out of 5 stars No Signal!, 29 Nov. 2013
Not a great case in my opinion, why?..... well two reasons, First reason is The finish to the cut-outs on "my" case were quite sharp and jagged! Of course mine might have been one that slipped through the quality control process so I`m not assuming they are all like it.
Second and most important reason is when I fitted the case to my phone the signal completely disappeared so I removed the case and if by magic the signal returned! I re-fitted the case and again the signal disappeared, took the case off, signal returned.

I have since learned that HTC had to incorporate a couple of plastic strips into the backplate of their all aluminum cased HTC one model to allow the siganal to reach the onboard antenna so encasing your mobile in all metal is not a good idea....

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak plastic frame, 25 Nov. 2013
I purchased this case and i must agree it is fairly good quality (not leather) BUT, the plastic holding frame is very flimsy indeed and is not up to the job, mine snapped the second time of taking the phone out!! I emailed the company with an attached photo of the damage but alas they have failed to respond so obviously they are not interested in anything negative regarding their products!! Would NOT buy from them again.....

This case is definately a fit and forget case that also is very bulky to carry around....

Razamanaz
Razamanaz

5.0 out of 5 stars PaulT54, 7 April 2010
This review is from: Razamanaz (MP3 Download)
I dont really write reviews as it happens but I am puzzled as to why Nazareths album " Loud n Proud " keeps being hailed as their finest album? All I can assume is they have never really listened to what IS Nazareths greatest and most accomplished album " RAZAMANAZ" Compared to this album Loud n proud sounds bland and same old, same old!
Razamanaz clearly shows the band at their peak, you just listen to the awsome power of Dan McCafferty`s vocals, easily equals Ian Gillan imo. Sit back and take in what is the finest rendition of Woody Guthries "Vigilante Man" you will ever hear, Astonishing! I bought this album when it was first released waaaaay back when and it is still one of my favorite rock n roll albums of all time.
Just put this album on at your next liquor fuelled party, crank up the volume and then tell me Loud and proud is the better album.
If you have never bought a Nazareth album do yourself a big favour and buy Razamanaz, you will love it. ( especially the remastered version )