Profile for avenellle > Reviews

The Life & Love of Trees: He who plants a tree, plants a hope
The Life & Love of Trees: He who plants a tree, plants a hope
by Lewis Blackwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 5 Jan. 2014
A really stunning book for artists and those who appreciate nature alike. Worth the money absolutely. Just gorgeous to use for inspiration or just a dip in and out book.

The Very Best of Marvin Gaye
The Very Best of Marvin Gaye

1.0 out of 5 stars Dud, 5 Jan. 2014
Had to return my CD as there was no sound. May have been a one-off, granted. Shame as I love his music.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2015 3:59 PM BST

I Am The Secret Footballer: Lifting the Lid on the Beautiful Game
I Am The Secret Footballer: Lifting the Lid on the Beautiful Game
by Secret Footballer

1.0 out of 5 stars Get the gist in The Guardian, 5 Jan. 2014
I bought this on the back of the series in The Guardian. I think I gained as much from that, as the book, which I stopped reading at some point. That aside, I think this is a Journalist writing about stories he's heard, not a footballer's personal experience. If you know different - name and shame!

Organic Chlorella Tablets 300 x 500mg Pyrenoidosa Tabs with Broken Cell Wall - Certified Organic by the Soil Association
Offered by PINK SUN Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Expect mega hair growth., 5 Jan. 2014
Certainly works, but be warned - you may need a trip to the beauty salon as my tip lip suddenly grew dark hairs. I had to stop using it, but can say it worked quickly and amply!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2014 9:47 AM GMT

Secrets of Scandinavian Cooking . . . Scandilicious
Secrets of Scandinavian Cooking . . . Scandilicious
by Signe Johansen

5.0 out of 5 stars Just love it., 5 Jan. 2014
I am a massive fan of Scandi food and this book is simply fabulous. Something fresh, something new and different - my in-laws were very impressed on Boxing Day when I provided a main, 2 sides and a dessert from the book. Beautiful.

Female Tailors Dummy Cream Size 12/14 Dressmakers Fashion Students Mannequin Display Bust With A Light Wood Base
Offered by DEW POINT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value superior customer service., 5 Jan. 2014
This is exceptional value for money although my husband did grumble the drilling should have been better to enable putting the screws and bolts in. In addition I had ordered the wrong size but with no extra expense, the company exchanged and replaced mine for free. we'll worth buying if you are getting into making or adjusting your clothes.

Vero Moda Yatsy Padded Jacket Black - S (UK 10)
Vero Moda Yatsy Padded Jacket Black - S (UK 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for petites, 5 Jan. 2014
Cheaper than the one I bought in Amsterdam and a great fit for those of us smaller ladies. Arms are a bit long but this is the only jacket/coat of this style that didn't dwarf me. My friend who is 5'8" has a blue one and she looks great in hers so all round a good buy fit, size and value wise. Arrived in good time and perfectly packaged.

This Is Happening: Life Through the Lens of Instagram
This Is Happening: Life Through the Lens of Instagram
by Bridget Watson Payne

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected, 5 Jan. 2014
I was looking for a book showing me how to get the best out of Instagram and my photographs. What I got was a cute but uninspiring book of photos.

What Was Lost
What Was Lost
by Catherine O'Flynn

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: What Was Lost (Paperback)
I bought this book whilst on holiday in Brighton and can honestly say for me, probably up there at the top of my must read books. Emotional reading. Brilliant.

With Love at Christmas (Christmas Fiction)
With Love at Christmas (Christmas Fiction)
by Carole Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, 5 Jan. 2014
I have just finished the book and what a pleasure it was. Heart warming and perfect for those snatches of time you get in between or after the madness of Christmas. Highly recommended to all Mums!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3