Profile for bunjiu > Reviews

Stagg Traditional Soprano Ukulele with Tattoo Design - Natural Finish
Stagg Traditional Soprano Ukulele with Tattoo Design - Natural Finish
Offered by DJ and Studio

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 4 April 2014
I wasn't expecting high quality for this price range, but the quality of this uke is very poor. The body feels like plastic, and the finishing is appalling. The one I received have scratches and dents on the body. The end of the fret is not has wood peeling off. The white rings on the tuner is loose. The sound of the uke is not clean and probably due to a poor body, the sound is not resonating well. I send it back for immediately.

For those who are looking for a cheap and good uke, this is definitely not one you should buy. I found a shop and tested out Mahalo U30 and Brunswick BU1S. Comparing to the Stagg, the Mahalo is much more solid. The body is laminated wood and is much better than the plastic-feel Stagg. The finishing is also reasonably good and it sounds way better than the Stagg. It is just on the heaviler side. The Brunswick is the best one as the body has a wood-feel and the strings are Aquila nylgut! No need to change the strings and it sounds very nice. I have the mellow tone that it gave. At the end I went for the Brunswick and I am very happy with it.

In short, if you want a cheap and good uke, Mahalo U30 would be much better than this Stagg. For a few more pounds, the Brunswick BU1S is even better. Since it comes with Aquila nylgut string, it is worth the extra.

House Number Sign/Plaque Brushed Aluminium & AcrylicGOS03N--Personalised Sign
House Number Sign/Plaque Brushed Aluminium & AcrylicGOS03N--Personalised Sign
Offered by UK Sign Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sign, 28 Aug. 2013
The sign looks brilliant and professionally made. Fittings are provided but the slight downside is that the screws are longer than the fixings. Delivery is very quick as I ordered on late Thurs night, received an email on Fri morning that the product has been made and dispatched, and received it the next working day! Definitely recommend!

Ultrasport F-Bike with Handpulse Sensors
Ultrasport F-Bike with Handpulse Sensors

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, 30 Aug. 2012
Just bought this exercise bike after reading so many good reviews. The reviews are indeed very true. It is a good bike. It is compact in size, and very quiet when padalling. It is also sturdy. The sensor panel is built in the handle and so it won't fall off as reported in some other brand. The resistance level is strong enough for people trying to keep fit, but surely not for the super fit. The only problem is that my wife is 5'3" and she can just pedal it using the lowest seat position. Not sure if it can be used for anyone shorter. Overall a very good exercise bike for this price.

Silverline 196551 Weather-Resistant Padlock, 48 mm
Silverline 196551 Weather-Resistant Padlock, 48 mm

1.0 out of 5 stars Works only for six months, 30 Aug. 2012
Bought this item to be used for an outdoor storage. It works well in the beginning. However, soon after I find that water is coming through inside the lock. When I put the key in, water comes out from inside. After 6 months, the lock is rusty and cannot be used anymore. Poor quality.

Evangelion 1.11 - You Are (Not) Alone [Blu-ray]
Evangelion 1.11 - You Are (Not) Alone [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Hideaki Anno

4.0 out of 5 stars This is just part 1, and more to come, 23 July 2011
Having watched the original years in the 90s, this theatrical version is making the whole series alive again. I couldn't remember exactly what was in the original series, but this version seems to be a shortened and packed version of it. I don't recall anything that is new in this. Also, this is only part 1 of the story, and there are more to come. I haven't watched the 2.22 yet but it seems from trailers that it will start to divert from the original series from then on. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I haven't watched the DVD version, but the bluray version has very high quality. The slight disappointment is that the original main theme song is not in the disc. It is such as classic! Also, the bonus materials on the disc are close to nothing. Nevertheless, it is still very enjoyable.

HP CE749A LaserJet Pro P1606dn Mono Laser Printer
HP CE749A LaserJet Pro P1606dn Mono Laser Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great affordable duplex printer, 8 July 2011
This is a great printer at this affordable price. The printing speed is relatively fast and print quality is good. The best feature is the automatic duplex printing. It also comes with auto sleep to save power, as well as network printing. So far I'm very satisfied with it.

Duracell Plus MN1604 Alkaline 9 V Battery - 2-Pack
Duracell Plus MN1604 Alkaline 9 V Battery - 2-Pack
Offered by Battery Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Same as the photo, 8 April 2011
I received this product same as the photo with original packaging, and it is brand new. Also received it very quickly. A good buy.

Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller
Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller

5.0 out of 5 stars This product works!, 8 April 2011
I recently moved into a new development, and so all the neighbours and their cats are new to the area. These cats were exploring their territory and I have cats poo in my garden many times! I tried different deterrent sprays, powder etc but they will come back after a few days. Those things only work for a very short period of time, and are a waste of money.

I finally decided to buy this product and it works straight away! No cat and no poo in our garden ever since! There was once when we opened our garden fence gate and saw a cat standing outside. We triggered the sensor and the cat freezed for a sec or so, and then ran away in full speed! That was fun to watch!

Stop wasting money on those sprays and powders. Just buy this one and problem solved!

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Offered by DIGITAL24 DI DI BARTOLO ANTONIO

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb graphic and a good game, 26 Nov. 2010
The graphic and cut scenes are just superb! Completely blown me away! It is true that the story is linear, but battle system is good. Overall I enjoyed the game very much.

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Complete (PC DVD)
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Complete (PC DVD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!, 26 Nov. 2010
This is a great game! Surely a major improvement from its predecessors. I haven't played Civ 5 but many people gave negative comments and said Civ 4 is the best. This complete package is great! So many interesting scenario to play and different strategies. It is a must buy!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2011 11:03 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2