Profile for Gill > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
DITCHING DIETS: How to lose weight in a way you can maintain
DITCHING DIETS: How to lose weight in a way you can maintain

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful book indeed, 18 Nov. 2014
This book has actually worked for me! I feel calm and in control about eating and my food choices are much better. All that stressing in the past has gone. "Addictive desires" - these happen to me all the time, but I can recognise them now for what they are, and talk myself through them, and wait for my next meal. I have a deep sense of freedom and choice in what and when to eat, I acknowledge the outcome of my eating habits and choices, and it's all very much easier than I thought possible. Gillian's take on ditching diets is well worth pursuing. I have lost weight!

Rubber Tips (pairs)
Rubber Tips (pairs)
Offered by Complete Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitted my non-Leki poles fine. Work well - for nordic walking style also, 23 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Rubber Tips (pairs) (Sports)
Fitted my non-Leki poles fine. Work well - for nordic walking style also, though the feet should really be the correct type for those poles - I swap them between the different poles I use, and they work well on grass or pavement. Slight tapping noise on pavement, not too loud.

Taymar Single Pocket Landscape Business Card Holder
Taymar Single Pocket Landscape Business Card Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars and I can find the ones I want easily. Less grovelling in handbag too, 23 Sept. 2014
Instead of an untidy pile of credit and store cards on my bedside table - I have this, it holds them all neatly, and I can find the ones I want easily. Less grovelling in handbag too. Wonderful! Get one (or more) of these, especially if you are a disorganised person, it will make you feel good, as it has done for me.

Timex Sport Ironman Midsize Quartz Strap Watch with LCD Dial Digital Display and Purple Resin - T5K603

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm pleased will my new watch, 23 Sept. 2014
I'm pleased will my new watch. I like the clarity of the face, and the countdown timer on it is so useful. I thought it might look too big on my wrist, but the size is good, and the colour is lovely. i've got to grips with setting it and using the features quite easily. I wear it comfortably every day.

Calligraphy for Greetings Cards and Scrapbooking
Calligraphy for Greetings Cards and Scrapbooking
by Peter E. Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Calligraphy for Greeting Cards and Scrapbooking, Peter E Taylor, 12 Dec. 2013
This book is absolutely lovely, full of excellent ideas - doable ones! - for making your own cards, using colour and design, and of course, calligraphy. The most useful classic calligraphy alphabet styles are clearly taught, also some modern styles, and good stuff about spacing, light boxes, tools and pens and equipment etc. There is much serious proper "how to" information in this book, with some delightful light-hearted stuff too; in fact every page is covered in interest and pleasure, and essential learning, lots of pictures everywhere. I am a beginner at calligraphy, and it will be a hobby, it is so enjoyable to do - this book is inspiring and good to work from, and I can recommend it heartily.

15 minute Home Workouts (15 Minute Fitness)
15 minute Home Workouts (15 Minute Fitness)
by Dk

5.0 out of 5 stars 15 Minutes, 8 Jun. 2013
This really does have a good variety of workouts, with clear photos and instructions. Having said that, its a bit like many of my recipe books - 4 that I do over and over, and lots that i don't! But I am keen to try out some of the workouts that are not instant foolproof favourites. The four "fave" workouts give me an energy boost, and the right combination of aerobic, strength, and flexibility moves. 15 Minutes well spent. (Also, useful DVD included). Main point - I look forward to doing them. (There are so many exercise books, and I have several perfectly good ones; however, I have finally decided to simply stick with ONE, get to know it well, and DO it consistently; this is the one I am going to work with long term. It's the one I leave out on the kitchen table, along with small hand weights and small ball - you do need these for some workouts, but most are without props).

Doro PhoneEasy 615 GSM Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars love this phone, 6 Nov. 2011
I have had my Doro a month or so now, and am delighted with it. I have needed help from my husband in the past with mobile phones, but I have put the numbers in and done everything easily from the user-friendly instruction book. I am enjoying the camera (though haven't tried downloading to laptop yet), and have finally got round to learning texting, thanks to good instructions on that too. The simplicity and clarity of the display is excellent. The alarm function is useful, also has calendar, FM radio, and other functions, but above all, it is perfect for making and receiving phone calls! This is a happy phone to have. It seems that it is a real blessing for older people who may have various difficulties and needs - however, I reckon it is great for absolutely anyone who wants a good quality phone that is very pleasant to use.

Kettlebells For Dummies
Kettlebells For Dummies
by Sarah Lurie

5.0 out of 5 stars Kettlebells for Dummies, 14 Dec. 2010
I have to have a book on everything that I am interested in; what a lot of books. I can work well from Kettlebells for Dummies, and can make sure I have good form, and really benefit from the ten minutes a day of Kettlebell-ing that I fit in. The book answers all my questions. It is well planned, easy to follow, plenty of pictures. Describes all the basic moves, such as swinging, squats, the clean, overhead press etc. leading up to the advanced combination moves, goes into all aspects of using Kettlebells in depth, without overload. Has sections for specific people, such as seniors, pregnancy, teenagers etc. I have had a good course of six Kettlebell sessions in a class, but had studied this book beforehand - it helped me to get the most out of the lessons, and now it is my at-home "instructor". There are plenty of workout routines to choose from. Some people may prefer to work with DVD's; I find I need the right book on hand, and learn more thoroughly if I have to think what I'm doing for myself to some extent. This is the right book to have on hand.

Baby's Very First Book:Faces
Baby's Very First Book:Faces
by John Fordham
Edition: Rag Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Faces, baby's very first book, 12 Sept. 2010
I bought this book because I couldn't think of anything in particular to take with me for a new baby in the family, aged nearly 4 months, and I was ordering other things from Amazon anyway. When his mother opened the present and showed it to him he was clearly interested, and looked at it keenly - I was surprised at his interest, and felt that it was a hit with him.

Nordic Walking for Total Fitness
Nordic Walking for Total Fitness
by Suzanne Nottingham

5.0 out of 5 stars Nordic Walking for Total Fitness, 18 Jun. 2010
I had a course of four lessons in Nordic Walking, and I enjoy it tremendously, and am delighted by the improvement in my fitness in a mere six weeks of five days a week walking with Nordic poles. My instructor was good, and I was co-ordinated and confident after the lessons; but then I was "on my own" and concerned that my skills might fall away. So, need a book - and this book is very inspiring, and I can check that my technique is correct etc. In addition, it will take me very much further than the "beginner" stage. The authors methodically show how to work up to a high level of fitness, based on modern research, using Nordic walking, by means of increasingly challenging walking workouts, also by power and strength training using the poles. If Nordic Walking is your interest, this book is very comprehensive, enjoyable, and I recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3