Profile for Kelv > Reviews

Rome Anthology (PC DVD)
Rome Anthology (PC DVD)
Offered by Digitalville UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, so says my 11 year old son, 7 Feb. 2009
Like a lot of boys his age, my son can sit glued to the PC for as long as we let him and this game appears to have gone down a treat. He was so impressed when he realised he could get the whole Rome Anthology for such a good price. He loves it and so do his mates.

Roxio Easy Media Creator 2009 (PC)
Roxio Easy Media Creator 2009 (PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazon come up trumps again, 7 Feb. 2009
I bought this to replace an earlier version of Roxio Media Creator. On the whole, I'm happy enough. I have burnt videos to DVD without any trouble. The only issue I have with it is the occasional pop up of errors, for eaxmple the software saying it wants to update but cant find the file it needs. I have had three different messages pop up at different times when I open the main program, but I've no idea why. Its only a few weeks old so its hard to believe its a registry problem already.

anyway, it wont stop me using it, and Amazon came up trumps again - lightning delivery and an excellent price.

Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock - Guitar Bundle (Wii)
Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock - Guitar Bundle (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocking All Over The Lounge, 12 Dec. 2008
We bought this for my 11 year old son as a birthday present, but as you might expect it has proved an overnight success with young and old. I don't think I'll ever get close to his high scores, but after a few long practises, even us old guys can pretend we're Jimmy Page.....oh alright then Status Quo. All it takes is a few quick fingers, a degree of hand/eye coordination and away you go. As always Amazon were tops for price and speed of delivery and I think its worth every penny. It would have been nice if there were more than a few songs we had heard of, but in fairness that's probably a sign of my age.

Panda Internet Security 2007 (PC)
Panda Internet Security 2007 (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Internet Security package, 28 April 2007
Having always used Norton in the past, I first gave Panda a try a year ago on recommendation from my local computer shop. I hadn't heard of Panda back then and was a little apprehensive. But I soon grew to like it and I am equally pleased with the 2007 version.

Panda doesn't seem to drain my computer's resources anywhere near as much as Norton did and at just £23 from Amazon for a comprehensive internet security program, for up to 3 PCS, its well worth the money.

When I first imstalled it in 2006, it took me a little while to get use to the messages/alerts which pop up every now and then but I soon got the hang of it; it was after all just doing its job. Installation is easy, the control panel is easy enough to follow and on the one occasion I did have a problem last year Panda responded promptly and efficiently.

If like me you come to the end of your annual subscription and am wondering which internet security company to go with, try Panda. Read the reviews on the various web sites on the subject, like I did and you'll see from the experts that its one of the better ones on the market.

A word of warning. Be prepared when your 12 months subscription is coming to an end (well, even 2/3 months before) to be hit with pop up messages and emails from Panda inviting you to upgrade to the next version. In fairness I suspect most companies do this. My advice though is don't renew it on line. Come back here to Amazon and buy the new boxed version, its cheaper.

HannsG 19" LCD HC194D 1280x1024 resolution 8MS response time 500:1 ratio DVI & VGA connection VESA compatable with speakers Silver & Black in colour

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent monitor, 29 Mar. 2007
I've had mine for a couple of months now and it was money well spent. When I bought an LCD monitor for our other PC I went for a name I knew, Hewlett-Packard. This time around I didn't really want to spend as much so I looked at makes I hadn't heard of. I'm glad I did.

We've got 2 PCs working almost alongside each other and in terms of picture quality I can't see any difference between the Hanns and the HP. I went for a larger screen this time and its great. The 17" HP looks so much smaller now than it did. And as I say the Hanns was quite a lot cheaper too.

If I was buying again,I wouldn't hesitate to opt for Hanns once mnore.

Logic3 MIP107 i-Station 7 Docking/Speaker Station for iPod - White
Logic3 MIP107 i-Station 7 Docking/Speaker Station for iPod - White

3.0 out of 5 stars Good or Bad? Its Horses for Courses, 29 Mar. 2007
My daughter wanted a speaker system for her ipod nano and we did the usual shoping around on line. Not for the first time we ended back where we had started, Amazon.

I knew a little about them because we bought one for my wife's ipod just a few months ago and we spent a lot of time looking at reviews back then. We spent £150 on an Altec Lansing IM7 (again from Amazon)and its superb. My view is, if you want a serious piece of kit that can deliver high quality sound, spend a litle more.

That said, my daughter is really happy with her Logic3. She wanted something small to keep on her dressing table and this certainly fits the bill. It can run on batteries as well as the mains and its small enough to carry about, e.g. on holiday.

Previous buyers have posted mixed reviews on the quality of the sound this unit delivers. I wasn't at all surprised, given the low cost of the Logic3 that the sound isn't great. It's a bit on the tinny side, more so when you turn up the volume.

My opninon is its horses for courses. For my 12 yo daughter, as bedroom speakers for her ipod, it does the trick and I'm happy because she's happy.

Vax V-027 Rapide XL Carpet Cleaner
Vax V-027 Rapide XL Carpet Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars A little heavy but it does a good job, 24 Mar. 2007
We've had our Vax for three weeks now and I've used it both for cleaning carpets and upholstery.

The first thing I noticed when it arrived was just how heavy it is. The weight is the one grumble my wife has always had about our Dyson vacuum, be warned this is even heavier, which may make it awkward for getting it upstairs. I'm reluctant to let the handle take the whole weight so when carrying it upstairs I find it best to support it underneath too, so I say again it may be a little awkward.

Like the Dyson with its see through collection bin,, there is something very satisfying watching it swallow up very dirty water the first time I used it on the lounge carpet. Ours are mostly neutral colours and I guess they've collected a lot of dirt over the years. I'd be exaggerating if I said that the difference between "before" and "after" was anything like the TV advert; we didn't get any clean stripes when we ran it along the carpet, but judging by the colour of the waste water its done a good job. There were a couple of small spot marks which it hasn't cleaned but I guess it has its limits.

Thanks to the furniture shop misleading us, we haven't been able to clean our sofa professionally and until now we've been relying on watered down Dreft. Using the attachment, I cleaned it with the Vax and I'm pleased with the results. We can't expect it to look new but its a lot cleaner than it was.

On the whole we're pleased with the Vax. Sure, its heavy, but its easy enough to drag it around and its no noisier than you'd expect. I would add that its a pity the manufacturer decided to sell it in a box which, when fully assembled means the machine will no longer fit inside. A narrower, taller box would have enabled us to store it away in the garage, since unlike a carpet vac (i.e. the Dyson) we aren't intending to use it every day.

If you're thinking of buying a wet vac, I don't think you'd go far wrong with this one, especially with Amazon's price.

Yamaha DGX220 - Digital Piano - 76 Full Size Touch Sensitive Piano Style Keys
Yamaha DGX220 - Digital Piano - 76 Full Size Touch Sensitive Piano Style Keys

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrifiic first keyboard, 22 Feb. 2007
My 12 yo daughter has recently taken up keyboard lessons and we decided to buy a keyboard, predominantly for her to practise between lessons but for the rest of the family too, if only to relive those "Jean Michel Jarre" moments.

The Yamaha DGX220 is terrific and its made such a difference to my daughter's progress with her lessons. I would invest in a headset though if you dont already have one. And you'll need a stand.

As always Amazon came up trumps on price. I shopped around and, not for the first time they were the cheapest, in many cases by quite a margin.

Page: 1 | 2