Profile for Neil J T Potts > Reviews

Content by Neil J T Potts

Neil J T Potts (Cramlington, Northumberland United Kingdom)

PROtastic Waterproof Battery Eliminator USB Power Cable for GoPro Hero3+ and Hero4 Action Cameras

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but may need some modification., 25 Oct. 2016
It is an excellent product and seems to work, although never tested in bad weather. The only problem was the lens aperture misted up on a few occasions. I did have to modify as I have a screen mount on my BMW R1200RT and the cable fouled on the screen. So I moved this to the side by drilling a hole and relocated the wiring through this. I have only taped over the hole at the moment until I find a permanent solution for plugging the old hole.

RST R-16 LEATHER MOTORCYCLE JACKET
RST R-16 LEATHER MOTORCYCLE JACKET

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 19 Sept. 2016
This review is from: RST R-16 LEATHER MOTORCYCLE JACKET
I have only worn it for a few weeks therefore the leather is still wearing in, so still a little stiff. But on the whole it seems very well made with good stitching. The neoprene cuffs and neck are a good idea as there is no rubbing on the skin.

Trespass Alpaca Technical Bumbag - Cobalt, 3 L
Trespass Alpaca Technical Bumbag - Cobalt, 3 L

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice product but badly made, 5 Feb. 2015
I have had a Trespass bum bag for 10 years and after that amount of time it was starting to wear out. I thought this would be okay as it was a good size. I have had this a month and the stitching is coming away on the main zip. it has not been overloaded so no strain on the zip. I would have given this more stars as it is just what I needed but the quality isn't up to what I would expect from a company like this.

Rotosound 80/20 Bronze Light Gauge Acoustic Guitar Strings (11 15 22 30 42 52)
Rotosound 80/20 Bronze Light Gauge Acoustic Guitar Strings (11 15 22 30 42 52)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, 15 April 2013
The strings were easily fitted after a bit of coaching from my son. I have a Tanglewood acoustic which was bought for it's bright sound. These are lighter strings than those originally fitted, but feel just right and give the same bright sound. My fingers still get a little sore but not as much now and the strings tuned up great and don't seem to stretch much as I haven't had to really tune it since I fitted the strings and I try and practise most nights for 45 minutes. I will definitely buy these again or I might go for the super light, but on the whole a great make of string.

Nokia BH-104 Bluetooth Headset
Nokia BH-104 Bluetooth Headset

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad nokia, 21 Aug. 2010
I bought this as a present for my daughter at Christmas. We followed the instructions and charged it up. Once the green light came on we unplugged the charger and tried to switch it on. No matter how many tries we made the thing would not turn on. We duly returned it and received a replacement. The same thing happened to this one. So we returned for a refund. I was totally disappointed in this product as I thought Nokia were supposed to be a reliable make. My wife has the previous model and has had no problems. So unless we have been supplied ones from a naff batch I would suggest trying something else. Also the Nokia help centre weren't very helpful. It took them three months to answer our initial enquiry, then not at all when we tried to ask another question.

Emerson Lake And Palmer - Masters From The Vaults [DVD]
Emerson Lake And Palmer - Masters From The Vaults [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lake & Palmer Emerson

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Emerson Lake and Palmer, 15 Feb. 2004
Well this caps it all one of the finest rock vids I've ever seen. This is Classic ELP, and a fine virtuoso performance from the whole band. Emerson is fast and fluid on the keyboards, Greg has the fine voice he was renowned for also his bass playing is frenetic and his acoustic guitar is almost atmospheric (apart from the slight use of a naughty word) and Carl Palmer's playing is fast and furious. The one thing that shines above all is that this is watching people playing who enjoy their music with the added bonus of people watching them enjoying playing their music. Any ELP fan needs to buy this DVD to add to their collection, in the absence of the Cal Jam, as it is just brilliant music, even the seemingly impromptu jam at the end of Knife Edge. So go on relive your youth as I did and watch three giants of the rock industry playing their guts out.

Emerson, Lake And Palmer - Pictures At An Exhibition [DVD] [1981]
Emerson, Lake And Palmer - Pictures At An Exhibition [DVD] [1981]
Dvd ~ Keith Emerson

4.0 out of 5 stars Raw but good, 15 Feb. 2004
I saw the full version of this at the cinema, this included The Barbarian and Knife edge. It is a pity this is missing but the atmosphere is brilliant even with the dire over graphics (Please ELP find the master tapes and cure this). This is ELP in the days when they enjoyed just playing the music and no theatrics, apart from the usual organ bashing from Mister Emerson. I can recommend this for die hard fans as it shows ELP as they should be. If this turns you on check out the new "Music from the vaults" which has been released and is even better.