Profile for taylzo > Reviews

Content by taylzo

taylzo "dvd addict / bookworm" (Northern Ireland)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop and Café
The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop and Café
by Mary Simses

5.0 out of 5 stars An irresistible story!, 4 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really enjoyed this, what a fab debut novel! Having been compared to Sweet Home Alabama, fans of the film or those similar should enjoy this novel. A fairly gentle storyline, nothing too extreme or dramatic happens to draw you in, it's more about the personalities of the character, the history they are exploring, it really is a beautiful storyline. A typical Manhattan girl leaves the city, Maine changes her and opens her eyes to the world beyond New York and takes her back to her roots as she learns about her family history and her grandmothers previous life. Highly recommended.

Goo.ey for Samsung Galaxy S4 (Red) - Skin
Goo.ey for Samsung Galaxy S4 (Red) - Skin

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 30 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried this for the iPhone and Samsung and both do what they say they do. As mentioned it's not a full cover, it simply sticks on to the back of the phone. It was easy to get on, it fits well and sits around the camera well although the iPhone covers teh back of the phone completely, this one didn't fit right to the edge of the S4, . However, I'm not really sure what I will use it for. Granted, having tested it so far it does what it says and sticks to mirror and glass, I just haven't yet figured out why i would need it to do this! I'm not sure that it would give my phone any protection if dropped, other than protect from scratches on the back. if you specifically need your phone to stick to a smooth surface it does that, I don't, so I'm not sure if I will continue to use it rather than a normal cover.

Goo.ey for Apple iPhone 5/5s (Aqua) - Skin
Goo.ey for Apple iPhone 5/5s (Aqua) - Skin

3.0 out of 5 stars It's fine, just not sure of it's purpose..., 30 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As mentioned in other reviews, this is not a full cover, it simply sticks on to the back of the phone. It was easy to get on, it fits well and sits around the camera well. However, I'm not really sure what I will use it for. Granted, having tested it so far it does what it says and sticks to mirror and glass, I just haven't yet figured out why i would need it to do this! It's a nice colour and fits well, I'm not sure that it would give my phone any protection if dropped, other than protect from scratches on the back. if you specifically need your phone to stick to a smooth surface it does that, I don't, so I'm not sure if I will continue to use it rather than a normal cover.

Wahoo Fitness PROTKT Run Sport Case for iPhone 5 and 5S - Black
Wahoo Fitness PROTKT Run Sport Case for iPhone 5 and 5S - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 23 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to acknowledge first how quickly I received this product, having ordered it from Amazon Vine in Friday, I received it on Saturday in Northern Ireland!
I don't normally bring my phone with me when I run, I suffer from sweaty hands so there's no way I'd carry it for fear of it being dropped and I hate putting it in a pocket as the bouncing around as I run drives me mad. Occasionally I will put it in my armband to bring with me, but normally I just don't bother and bring my iPod Nano for music. However, as a young female running around back roads I probably should have a phone with me for safety reasons. I was so impressed with this case, it slides comfortably onto my hand and stays put without me needing to grip it, which I'm sure helped with form as my arm wasn't tense. It was a really hot day and my hand did get warm, but it felt secure and when i stopped for a walk to catch my breath I was able to slip my hand out and give it a quick wipe. The case feels really sturdy so I fully believe if it was dropped the phone would be fine, and it seems to be rain proof too, i can't see where water would get in. The screen cover is quite firm but i was able to operate the touchscreen through it, as well as being able to use the home and lock buttons. There is a cover for the camera, meaning pictures can be take while in the cover, as well as a cap for the headphone jack so I could listen to my music. The only problem I see with this is it is a little tricky to open and close at first, although I'm sure this is something I will get used to. The key is to make sure your hands aren't at all on the stretchy part at the side. This is a great product I will continue to use and I really want to get the bike mount attachment for it now.

The Greatest Love Story of All Time
The Greatest Love Story of All Time
by Lucy Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Chick lit with an edge, 23 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is fantastic, and I don't say that lightly. Chick-lit is not my favourite genre, a lot of the time I start these books and put them down, I know some people love a light-hearted love story, but I prefer something grittier. The fact that I finished this book, never mind thoroughly enjoyed it, is quite surprising! It was a perfect example of adding some edge to this genre, a character we could all relate to, a story that is not unrealistic, a fully modern take on how we do things now (think Facebook stalking) and also something I had never thought of before but may well introduce - gin Thursdays! I definitely recommend this to anyone who usually reads this type of book, but for those who are unsure I'd really suggest giving it a try.

The Chaperone
The Chaperone
by Laura Moriarty

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect summer read!, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Chaperone (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you have a holiday planned and need a new book, this is it! And if you don't, buy it anyway! I absolutely loved everything about this book, I couldn't wait to read more but i didn't want it to end. It draws you in, the characters are written wonderfully so the reader becomes attached to them. I also love the setting of the book, what could be more fabulous that 1920's New York? 2 girls pursuing their dreams, in different manners. I love that the 'chaperone' is the main character, despite her story and her move being a result of someone else's dream. It is a wonderful read and I cannot recommend it enough.

Culture Shock: A Handbook For 21st Century Business
Culture Shock: A Handbook For 21st Century Business
by Will McInnes

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read for those old and new, 14 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really think this book is accessible to both those who have been around the block in business, and those who are just entering the world of business, whether after studying business or as an entrepreneur. I think we are in a real time of change, coming out of a recession and with technology moving faster than ever and McInnes really captures the spirit of this. A really great read on the future of business.

Durex Thin Feel Condoms - Pack of 24
Durex Thin Feel Condoms - Pack of 24

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 14 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are okay, they do the job, and are better than some, but for me I prefer the Durex Elite. My boyfriend seemed happy enough but for me they did limit sensitivity to some extent.

The Cabana Cookbook
The Cabana Cookbook
by David Ponté

5.0 out of 5 stars Brazilian BBQ!, 14 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Cabana Cookbook (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love this book, it looks great with it's bright, colourful cover, as well as the gorgeous pictures inside. I really enjoy when a cookery book has little bits of information that is more general reading about the culture etc., which is also covered in here. i haven't tried any of the recipes yet but I have a list ready to work my way through and I cannot wait to try some of these recipes on the BBQ when we get the weather for it, the lime and garlic chicken thighs are definitely first on my list. Highly recommend this for any cooking enthusiasts.

CafePod Nespresso Compatible Arabica Lungo Capsules (Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods)
CafePod Nespresso Compatible Arabica Lungo Capsules (Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods)

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth but not strong, 14 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really smooth coffee, very easy to drink and works well as an espresso or an americano, as long as you don't want a very strong coffee. Also, this works perfectly well with a Nespresso machine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18