Profile for Ali Clix > Reviews

Content by Ali Clix

Ali Clix

VERGO Digital tyre pressure gauge - Heavy Duty - 2.5 inch diameter head - Multiple Units - 0 - 14 Bar/ 0 - 200 PSI - Backlit LCD display - Adjustable Swivel - Pressure Hold & Reset Button - Car, Truck, Motorbike - Easy to use - Pouch Bag Included

5.0 out of 5 stars Was looking for a reliable and accurate tyre pressure gauge ..., 18 Oct. 2017
Was looking for a reliable and accurate tyre pressure gauge. This unit ticks all the boxes. It is a little chunky but with careful manouvring can be used even on the valve of a sportsbike front wheel. It takes AAA batteres and works in PSI or metric units. Most importantly it is accurate and should last for years.

USB Type C Car Charger, iClever BoostDrive 27W 5.4A 2-Port (USB + USB C) Car Charger, 2.4A USB Port with SmartID Technology for Smartphone/Tablet, 3A Type C Cable for Nexus 6P 5X, Lumia 950XL, MacBook 12in and More, Gray
Offered by Elecsmart

Sony MDR-EX650AP Earphone with Brass Housing,Microphone and Control - Black
Sony MDR-EX650AP Earphone with Brass Housing,Microphone and Control - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound from these ear buds, 4 July 2017
Great sound from these ear buds. Plenty loud as well so you don't have to crank up the volume on your device (so also you don't get those annoying warnings). Comes with a good selection of rubber bits to fit your ears. Plug is a right angle one but quite chunky.

Urad Oily Nubuck Cream
Urad Oily Nubuck Cream
Offered by Urad UK

5.0 out of 5 stars This cream is recommended for nubuck and other types of leather, 4 July 2017
This review is from: Urad Oily Nubuck Cream
This cream is recommended for nubuck and other types of leather.
I bought some to treat a brown nubuck jacket I have. The jacket had been soaked in a downpour and after a thorough drying out it was clear the nubuck had faded slightly and felt dry to the touch. You apply the cream with the sponge provided and it soaks in, slightly darkening the look and making it soft and supple again. Jacket is now restored so I am very happy with the product and fast dispatch from the seller direct.

The Essential Herbie Hancock
The Essential Herbie Hancock

4.0 out of 5 stars I have found it excellent for having on the headphones while working, 21 Feb. 2017
I only came to this out of a fond memory of the Rockit hit plus a vague and distant appreciation of jazz. But while much of this collection remains well outside of what I normally listen to, I have found it excellent for having on the headphones while working. Nice.

Garden Ornament Badger
Garden Ornament Badger
Offered by GiftEasy

4.0 out of 5 stars You can't beat a badger, 10 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Garden Ornament Badger
I don't know how we ever got by before we bought this item. Highly recommended!

Garmin zumo 350LM 4.3" Motorbike Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates and Bluetooth

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good unit slightly let down by poor software and support, 13 Oct. 2013
I bought one of these 350LM for a trip to Scandanavia on my R12GS. Unfortunately it got pinched on my way home in southern Sweden (my own fault - I left it on the bike).

I'm just about to buy another because on balance it is a good unit and because I now have a duplicate mounting bracket and wiring harness to use on my second bike. It has a pretty decent battery life if you need to use it off the cradle for a few hours. It finds the satellites and calculates routes quickly. The screen works well and it does seem properly robust for use on a bike. And it slips into a jacket pocket easily.

The downsides? Well from reading through the reviews on here they seem to point to the same issues I had, which were all related to flaky software and indifferent customer service. I had one software update that caused the search-by-postcode function to fail - but this was sorted in the next monthly update. And the updates are big we are talking gigabytes each time. The 2-D north-up view is utterly useless unless you are heading north (guess why?). The Basecamp route planning software is woefully bad, almost as bad as iTunes for making functions as obscure to use as the laws of computer logic allow. And somewhat shockingly I have found it impossible to register a device as being stolen.

That said its still a good unit you just have to accept that along with many other modern devices, software quality is lagging behind.

A Scarcity of Miracles - A King Crimson ProjeKct
A Scarcity of Miracles - A King Crimson ProjeKct

2.0 out of 5 stars Too jazzy and not at all Kcrimson. Avoid!, 25 July 2011
I was excited to see some new stuff coming out. But this is awful. The lyrics are all sub-floyd middle-aged whingeing and there is some eejit noodling all over it with a horrible sax. One for the bin.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2012 4:03 PM GMT

Jabra Rhythm Corded Stereo Headset
Jabra Rhythm Corded Stereo Headset

2.0 out of 5 stars They just won't fit., 25 July 2011
I was looking for some in-ear phones to use at work, so my fellow cubicle-dwelling code monkeys would not have to suffer leakage from the sweeping soundscapes of my favourite prog-rock bands.

Sadly these things are not up to the job. they don't fit well enough in my regular ears with any of the rubber attachments supplied. In use they tend to slip out and this causes all bass response to drop off, shortly before they drop out entirely.

So my workmates will have to continue to suffer.

Sony Pocket Size Portable Am/Fm Radio With Built-In Speaker
Sony Pocket Size Portable Am/Fm Radio With Built-In Speaker
Offered by amy's Schätze

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy pocket radio, 20 Jun. 2011
I bought this to replace a similar ancient one that is now too decrepit.

The only fault I can mention is the sound which is really quite tinny coming from the tiny speaker. I've not tried headphones yet. The volume and tuning controls work smoothly. The radio is compact and lightweight and ideal for travel which is the main reason I bought it.