Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Made Again Live
Made Again Live
Offered by trec002

5.0 out of 5 stars Marillion are Rubbish ?, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Made Again Live (Audio CD)
Used to quite like Marrilion in t'old days when Mr Fish was vocalist, Not really listened to them since, On a whim I bought "Six of one and half a Dozen of the Other". not bad, thought the music post Mr Fish was a bit 80's rock, twiddly guitar and whinning lyrics. I quite liked "No One Can" though, so I bought "Made Again". My wife said that it sounded like "the music the donkey died to", though she did also say that about Beethoven's pastoral symphony. So I thought it may be worth perservering with. This is a a double Live album I wasn't that impressed I didn't rate Steve Hogarth's vocals ( a bit strained ) the guitarist and organist are pretty good, Some of the Music was O.K but the lyrics were a bit contrived ( Rock Lyrics contrived, thats new ) I did find that I Iiked "Easter" though most of the remainder was crap. Particularly disc 2 Which features the album "Brave" On further playing, a couple of the other songs sounded quite nice "Cover my Eyes" "King" "Splintering Heart". The remainder was bearable. On further playing some of the other songs began to get under my skin.Do you notice a theme here.
Although I still think "Runaway" sounds like music for a hairspray advert. " Made Again" is a great album. Marrilion, post fish are a fine band, Iv'e Got used to Steve Hogarth's vocals, they fit the music well. I cannot reccomend this album enough, stick with it, it gets better and better. I'm now in the process of buying Marrilions back catalouge.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2014 9:58 AM BST

Scratch My Back
Scratch My Back
Offered by BLUEGOLDFISH1963

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite album of all time., 24 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Scratch My Back (Audio CD)
Bought this album on a whim, iv'e always liked Peter Gabriel's music. On first playing, I found the music a bit over orchestrated and samey and I wasn't that impressed. I was expecting to like Street Spirit (as the Bends is my Favourite album} but even that left me cold.
I played the album a few days later. "The boy in the bubble", and "Mirrorball" sounded quite nice, I then heard "The Book of Love" for the second time and my knees went weak, what a gorgeous song, it makes me feel so good. Every time I play the album it seems to get better. Flume is beautiful, "The Power of the Heart" "Philadelphia" lovely. There is not a bad song on the album. "Heroes" and "Street Spirit" are probablly my least favourites. But i'm sure i'll get to like them eventally. I have since bought "69 songs by Magnetic Fields (The book of Love) on the strengh of this Album- But thats another story.

Iv'e never written a review before, but I love this album so much. Please ignore the poor reviews, If you have given the Album a poor review Listen to it again, and again. You wont be sorry.