Profile for Chloe > Reviews

Content by Chloe

Chloe (Lisboa - Portugal)

Page: 1 | 2
Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - Dancemix [DVD]
Ministry Of Sound: Pump It Up - Dancemix [DVD]
Dvd ~ Various

2.0 out of 5 stars The worst Pump It Up so far!, 26 Mar. 2008
I have all 5 Pump It Up dvds and love them all. Some have more dificult dance moves than others but I always managed to master the moves after some gos. This is another story. The dance routines are far to complicated for a non professional dancer. Maybe with lots of patience I will be able to do this but I rather prefer not. The only positives about this is the toning section and cool down that are quite good!

Bottom line, this the is the worst PIU dvd so far and remember I have all of them (have more than 40 fitness dvds really).

I miss Fiona and Deanne!!

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Madeira
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Madeira
by Chris Catling

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Madeira - Funchal Guide around, 25 Oct. 2007
I went to Madeira for 3 days and took this guide and I'm glad I did it. It focus more on Funchal but with so litle time its ideal to plane the days and not waste one second of time.

It also makes a great quick reference to the hit points like top 10 local dishes, top 10 gardens, top 10 beaches, top 10 warnings etc.

It has great info about all the best places and I found the bus information the most usefull for people like me, who wanted to save money but enjoy the trip at the same time. It has lots of pictures of what to expect, usefull information about the island, info on prices, small maps and the best locations and monuments: the very best top 10 of places you just have to visit while in Madeira, places like The Catedral of funchal, Museu de Arte sacra, Adegas, Jardim Botânico, Mercado dos Lavradores, Monte, Curral das Freiras, Pico do Areeiro and many more.

Lisbon (DK Eyewitness Travel Guide)
Lisbon (DK Eyewitness Travel Guide)
by Jane Ewart
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Guide to Lisbon, 25 Oct. 2007
Lisbon is one of the most beautiful and unique cities in the world and this is a great guide to this great city: it gives you a lot of information about places to see, things to do, how to use the public transport, accommodation etc.

Also the book itself is rather beautiful, has lots of pictures, great illustrations and maps. This edition is a must have for anyone exploring the capital of Portugal.

I also strongly recommend the «Lisbon Top 10» from DK and «Eyewitness Travel Guide to Portugal».

CD:UK Dance Workout [DVD]
CD:UK Dance Workout [DVD]
Offered by Qoolist

4.0 out of 5 stars A great challenge!, 29 May 2007
This review is from: CD:UK Dance Workout [DVD] (DVD)
What a great challenge!!

First, I would only advice to buy this dvd, people that like dance workouts (like Pump It up) and challenging dance routines. This dvd has got some really hard routines and movements, dificult to master at the beginning, especially cause they do them so fast!

Second, don't give up! You are gonna have to use the remote control to pause and play millions of times in order to try to pick up the movements!

I have just finished the workout and I'm not nearly close to being able to complete all movements! It's gonna take some time! These are professional dancers and I'm not nor are you. So give yourself some slack!

And what a pleasure it is to realize that day after day you improve a bit!

Cindy Crawford: Shape / Your Body Workout [DVD] [1992]
Cindy Crawford: Shape / Your Body Workout [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Cindy Crawford
Offered by GX-ENTERTAINMENT UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Dated and dull but probably effective!, 2 May 2007
Purely muscle and toning work and no cardio work. Effective I guess but not very fun to do! Also it's old and dated. But Cindy, at least back then, was really a pro! She knows the movements and all body aspects...don't know what the trainer is doing there...

10 Minute Solution - Carb And Calorie Burner [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Carb And Calorie Burner [DVD]
Dvd ~ 10 Minute Solution

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best videos I have come across, 28 April 2007
One of the best videos I have come across....very fast, high impact and practical! No complicated moves and the instructor is encouraging without being annoying...definitely recommended!

5, 10 minutes sections:

SLOW and STEADY BURN: A fun and basic low impact aerobics. A good starting point.

CARB KILLER: cardio kickboxing, punches and kicks.

POWER BLAST: Cardio with intervals of low and high intensity moves such as jumping moves and sports type drills, such as skiing and running through tires. This is hardest section.

INTERVAL BURN:This segment deffinatly takes you back to the basics you squat, lundge and crunch to tone your whole body. Also ab work.

METABOLISM BOOSTER: Total body weight training segment. Scuplt your body and build muscle.

Bottom line: Get this DVD for your cardio workout if you want to work hard and sweet.

The flip side of the 10-minute format is the time crunch. This workout does not waste a single second - even for things that deserve a little extra time like stretches.

Charlie Brooks: Before and After Workout [DVD] [2005]
Charlie Brooks: Before and After Workout [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Charlie Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, 18 April 2007
God, I forget how good this is! This was my very first fitness dvd, and after a year I have now more than 30! I got bored with this after a while (it happens with every single routine)and have just finished it after months. This is really hard work. The Hi-Intensity section is really hard and what about those ab exercices in Pilates cool down section!? I'm pretty fit and still can't do it!

A must have...for every dvd fitness fan.

Beverley Callard - Rapid Results [DVD] [1996]
Beverley Callard - Rapid Results [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Beverley Callard

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull and dated, 10 April 2007
The outfits, the music, the movements, Beverly's hair ... Very dull workout, this is mainly muscle work with a tiny bit of cardio, almost zero sweat.

Also a very dated workout, good, I guess, for older people and not very fit. For those who like more movement and really want to sweat try other dvd's.

Lips to Lashes - Make-up with Jane Bradley [DVD]
Lips to Lashes - Make-up with Jane Bradley [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lips to Lashes
Offered by ofinnegan

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tips, great looks!, 1 April 2007
This is the first make up dvd that I bought so I don't have any thing to campare it with, but that's ok! I was hoping for some tips and help on the eyes make up...and it has some looks that I'll try to do!

The only problem that I have with this is the lack of explanation on tools, colours and textures and what's good for this and that kind of face, hair etc... I would like to see a litle more time given to this matter.

The make up artist is really nice and down to earth, she also keep's it simple and doesn't advice any expensive brands that I'll never gonna be able to buy! I think that to achive the looks she does will be quite hard with my skills and materials but I'll def. give it a try!

Cirque Du Soleil: Vol. 3 - Allegria / La Nouba / Dralion / Saltimbanco [DVD] (1994-2003)
Dvd ~ Ebon Grayman
Offered by BB Corps UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy...great shows!, 1 April 2007
What a great buy! This is really great...you will fall in love with cirque and will start buying more stuff from them! Love La Nouba! Dralion, the first cirque show that I ever saw is also incredible! Liked Alegria to, the music is still on my mind!

Buy this right now while it's cheap!

Page: 1 | 2