Profile for Dav > Reviews

Dav

Page: 1 | 2
Philips DiamondClean White Replacement Heads - 4 Pack
Philips DiamondClean White Replacement Heads - 4 Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars The sonicare brush head that's best for my mouth, 7 Nov. 2014
Firstly it's still not the perfect brush head that's the only reason why I gave it 4 stars.

I tried all the brush heads that Philipps make for the sonicare. I think these are the best for my mouth but every one has a different morphology so you should try if this is the one for you.

I use them two or three time per day and after usage I store them in a UV sanitizer. Based on my experience they last about 2.5 to 3 months before having to be replaced.

Suma Organic Dates 250 g (Pack of 6)
Suma Organic Dates 250 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and great taste, 7 Nov. 2014
I tried several brands of organic dates, I find Suma organic dates of this variety to best the best value and the best taste benchmarked against competitors. I find those slightly better quality and taste than the Health Store brand.

Try this blend: 10 almonds, 8 dates, 1/3 avocado and water. Delicious, in the winter days add a teaspoon of raw cacao powder and warm up the water a bit. Almost as good as hot chocolate.

Suma Organic Dates 500 g (Pack of 6)
Suma Organic Dates 500 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and great taste, 7 Nov. 2014

Suma Organic Almonds 250 g (Pack of 6)
Suma Organic Almonds 250 g (Pack of 6)
Offered by Ainley Organics LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, a few bitter almonds inside though!, 7 Nov. 2014
I use about 10 almonds a day (few doctors suggested not to exceed that amount), I usually use them in a blend with dates, avocado and some other things.

Those ones are definitely good value and nicely packed in 250gr bags hence you wont end up with a large bag open for a long time losing freshness and crispness and with the high risk of becoming stale.

The only issue I found which made me take away one star is that in a few bags the are a number of bitter almonds. Again in an organic product we can expect perfection however be warned.

Suma Organic Green Lentils 3 kg
Suma Organic Green Lentils 3 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and value, 24 Sept. 2014
I love these bulk bags, they are good value for money and last a while so I dont have to worry all the time about missing products.

I mainly cook soups with these lentils and they are pretty good quality.

Sun Valley Roasted & Salted Pistachios 1 kg
Sun Valley Roasted & Salted Pistachios 1 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, fresh, crunchy, crispy as I'd expect, 24 Sept. 2014
Unlike other reviewers the bag I received was pretty good, fresh, crunchy, crispy as I'd expect. They were slightly saltier than my taste but not that salty. Good value.

BlackBerry External Battery Charger and Genuine 2100mAh BlackBerry Battery for BlackBerry Q10 - Black
Offered by FoneM8store

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillian: spare battery + battery bank all one product., 24 Sept. 2014
It's a great idea: it's a battery bank and a spare battery all in one.

You can charge you Q10 device and this battery bundles all you one go: you connect the power supply to the battery bundle and the battery bundle micro usb cable to the phone.

Once the battery bundle is fully charged you can use it for you blackberry or to supply/charge any device using the micro usb cable.

SKG Professional Clothes Fabric Garment Steamer SS88 1.8L Capacity with Two Steam Model 1750W & 875W Hot Steam Come Out in 45 seconds Complete Hang Ironing Upright Machine Ironing Sterilize Remove Wrinkles/Dusts/Unusual Smell Fashionable Design

2.0 out of 5 stars Portable steamers are better considering: quality, pricing and results, 19 Sept. 2014
I have had a pretty useful portable steamer and when it broke I decided to spend a bit more and getting some more useful too. Unfortunately I am pretty disappointed with my choice - it does not a better job than a portable steamer. But it does cost much more.

It's good for cotton tshirts and light garments in general but it's not very good on things like jeans. I could steam better the jeans with the portable steamer.

It's pretty big and bulky compared with a portable steamer but while it has a bigger reservoir for the water, much is wasted so again compared with a portable steamer with one full refill I was able to get only a few more minutes of steaming.

The lenght of the steam cord/tube is definitely too small especially because the hanger attachment is not very well designed and it's not helpful (also pretty cheaply built too) so it's better to hand the clothes against a flat surface (I hang them against a door). But doing so the cord is too small so you have to elevate the steamer.

I strongly suggest a more professional steamer or just save yourself some money and get a portable steamer.

Philips Sonicare HX9172/10 FlexCare Platinum Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer

5.0 out of 5 stars ... it for over four months now and I'm very happy about the choice, 15 Sept. 2014
I have been using it for over four months now and I'm very happy about the choice.

I choose this one model because of mixed reviews on the latest models and because the latest models dont seem to offer more than this one.

I feel my teeth are better clean compared with the normal toothbrush, they feel smother too however I'm still having concerns whether a powered toothbrush is armful of gums compared to manual toothbrush, but that is my dilemma.

The UV sanitiser works well and has a slightly bigger bulb than the usual UV sanitisers for toothbrush you can find on Amazon.

Battery life on a circa three times/day usage is about two weeks. Hence the travel box while a bit bulky comes handy travelling (up to two weeks there is no need of power supply however the product comes with a travel power supply too).

The only negative aspect to purchasing this product is the expense in finding the right brush head for you. I found a box containing most of the brush heads on the market that Philips make for this and I tried them all for a week and I picked the one that looks like does the best job in my mouth however it's not ideal, as I would have like a combination of different characteristics of some of the brushes but perhaps in the future they will do a new model that will fit my mouth best. The box was not very cheap however.

Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Raw Hemp Protein Powder 300g
Sevenhills Wholefoods Organic Raw Hemp Protein Powder 300g

3.0 out of 5 stars The label is missing key information, 15 Sept. 2014
I usually purchase shelled hemp seeds but tried the protein powder. I tastes good overall but not really if you just mix it with water and try to drink it on its own. I make a blend of hemp powder, dates, almonds and raw cacao.

I took away two stars because I find the label is missing key information.

Page: 1 | 2