Profile for M. Stokes > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A History of Modern Britain
A History of Modern Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read., 24 April 2015
I have lived some of the history but it was interesting to see an overview of the events that went on around me and before. An excellent read.

Bosworth: The Birth of the Tudors
Bosworth: The Birth of the Tudors

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought that it was just about the battle but ..., 24 April 2015
I thought that it was just about the battle but covers Richard III getting to the crown, the origins of the Tudors and the wars of the roses and beyond the battle of Bosworth. So a much bigger book than I thought (difficult to see on a Kindle!) but one that I am likely to read again.

Sky Tiger: The Story of Sailor Malan
Sky Tiger: The Story of Sailor Malan
by Norman L. R. Franks

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 17 April 2015
A well known name I knew little about, his story makes for a good read and is recommended

An Officer and a Spy
An Officer and a Spy

5.0 out of 5 stars They are as good as I remembered and a cracking read, 23 Oct. 2014
I had not read a Robert Harris book for a long time. They are as good as I remembered and a cracking read.

Catastrophe: Europe Goes to War 1914
Catastrophe: Europe Goes to War 1914

5.0 out of 5 stars ... unpicks the complex beginnings of this war into an easily followable thread, 23 Oct. 2014
Up to Max Hastings' usual standard and unpicks the complex beginnings of this war into an easily followable thread. Gripping descriptions of all the arenas of this war. I will read this book time and again.

Damned Good Show (R.A.F. Quartet Book 3)
Damned Good Show (R.A.F. Quartet Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting, gripping read, even if it is ..., 18 July 2014
An interesting, gripping read, even if it is fiction, based loosely on fact. A common character pops up from his other books to tie them together.

Piece of Cake (R.A.F. Quartet Book 1)
Piece of Cake (R.A.F. Quartet Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Based loosely on fact, having read so much pure ..., 18 July 2014
Based loosely on fact, having read so much pure history reading details such as bullet damage and injury was a surprise. I will read this book many times I think.

Armageddon: The Battle for Germany 1944-45
Armageddon: The Battle for Germany 1944-45

4.0 out of 5 stars reads as good as any of Max Hastings other books, 18 July 2014
This does not cover the complete conflict. The Normandy campaign and a few others get a few sentences as the author considers them well enough written about already. What it does cover, reads as good as any of Max Hastings other books, which are very good indeed.

Stellar Art Deco 6 Cup Espresso Maker
Stellar Art Deco 6 Cup Espresso Maker
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 May 2014
Superb build, superb taste, easy to clean, magnetic so when we get an induction hob it will still work, looks wonderful. any negatives, cannot think of any.

Playlist: The Very Best of Living Colour (Dig)
Playlist: The Very Best of Living Colour (Dig)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure, 19 May 2014
I purchased it for "love rears it ugly head" and hoped the rest would be a similar style as I knew nothing of the band. They did not suit my musical tastes, not bad just not for me

Page: 1 | 2 | 3