Profile for M. Stokes > Reviews

Content by M. Stokes

M. Stokes "Stoko" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
'Fight Through': The New, Map Illustrated, Edition (Armageddon's Song Book 3)
'Fight Through': The New, Map Illustrated, Edition (Armageddon's Song Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Dec. 2015
No weaker than the earlier books and a truly excellent read. Highly recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2015 4:50 PM GMT

Truefitt & Hill 1805 Shave Cream Jar,6.7-Ounces (190 gm)
Truefitt & Hill 1805 Shave Cream Jar,6.7-Ounces (190 gm)
Offered by The Executive Shaving Company

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very pleased with the product, 9 Dec. 2015
I had used a different variation of the shaving cream, but that appears to be no longer available. The only difference for this one is that the scent is different and not as strong. A pro or a con depending on which way you view it. I am very pleased with the product.

Renishaw Hall: The Story of the Sitwells
Renishaw Hall: The Story of the Sitwells

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating book only diminished by the poor graphics/pictures on the Kindle, 11 Oct. 2015
A house close by which I have never visited or did I know anything of the family and the businesses they ran in the neighbourhood. A fascinating book only diminished by the poor graphics/pictures on the Kindle.

Castles of Steel: Britain, Germany and the Winning of the Great War at Sea
Castles of Steel: Britain, Germany and the Winning of the Great War at Sea

4.0 out of 5 stars This book caught my eye and I am glad that I read it as there was a lot ..., 13 Sept. 2015
Having read a few books on WW1 the naval side of things is only touched on briefly. This book caught my eye and I am glad that I read it as there was a lot more going on in the naval world than is commonly written about.

Far from the Madding Crowd
Far from the Madding Crowd

4.0 out of 5 stars Not being a reader of classic books this was quite ..., 13 Sept. 2015
Not being a reader of classic books this was quite a revelation. a lot of conversation and insights on ideas and concepts of the Victorian era.

I Wake Up Screaming
I Wake Up Screaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 13 Sept. 2015
This review is from: I Wake Up Screaming (Audio CD)
A couple of duff tracks but the rest is classic Kid Creole and enjoyable

'Advance to Contact': The 2015, Map Illustrated Edition (Armageddon's Song)
'Advance to Contact': The 2015, Map Illustrated Edition (Armageddon's Song)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Sept. 2015
Completely immersive, full of detail and several intertwined plots. I cannot wait to order the next edition.

'Stand-To': The 2015, Map Illustrated Edition. (Armageddon's Song)
'Stand-To': The 2015, Map Illustrated Edition. (Armageddon's Song)

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book, completely immersive so much so I sometimes ..., 13 Sept. 2015
A brilliant book, completely immersive so much so I sometimes wondered why it was not on the news!! A spy story, military strategy and the technology explained.
I usually read history books, although fiction this is so much more enjoyable as it features characters and details you would not get in a history.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2015 9:34 AM BST

A History of Modern Britain
A History of Modern Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read., 24 April 2015
I have lived some of the history but it was interesting to see an overview of the events that went on around me and before. An excellent read.

Bosworth: The Birth of the Tudors
Bosworth: The Birth of the Tudors

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought that it was just about the battle but ..., 24 April 2015
I thought that it was just about the battle but covers Richard III getting to the crown, the origins of the Tudors and the wars of the roses and beyond the battle of Bosworth. So a much bigger book than I thought (difficult to see on a Kindle!) but one that I am likely to read again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4