Profile for Bev > Reviews

Content by Bev

Bev

ChargerCity Microphone Stand Tablet Mount with 360° Swivel Adjustment Holder for Apple iPad 2 3 4 Air Mini Retina Samsung Galaxy Tab Note HD Google Nexus 7 8 9 10 MicroSoft Surface Pro HDX & other 7
Offered by ChargerCity

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - not fit for purpose, 22 April 2016
Ok all. I'm standing in doing vocal for a cover band, it's not a big set but I do need a 'prompt' from time-to-time. So I decided to buy a Mike mount for my iPad. This one came well recommended so I jumped in. Reality is it is not up to the job: first the clamp, whilst mainly metal (good) does have plastic components and once you start tensioning the clamp to hold the weight of an iPad they just give way and it ends up slipping; I wonder if the people who designed it ever then tried it on a stand as in addition to the plastic weakness the design itself simply doesn't work 'ergonomically' with the stand (wrong wording but you get my point.); then the swivel action has no locking mechanism so it moves, not good in a live set; then finally the 'fittings' to hold the device are just a series of different size 'L' shape plastic arms that you interchange until it grips - which it never quite does. I cant return mine know, sadly, as I persisted with it too long but I will have to return it for a new one as this one has gone too far.

Jawbone Large UP Fitness Tracking Wristband - Black Onyx
Jawbone Large UP Fitness Tracking Wristband - Black Onyx
Offered by You Want One

1.0 out of 5 stars Up Band Disappointment, 18 Jan. 2014
I only add weight to the argument... Great idea, good interface which I had no problems with initially. Very soon however the unit started to fail and finally stopped working. Jawbone were great and simply replaced it with no hassle at all. This second unit also failed and again Jawbone refunded without hassle. I actually like the product and will buy again once the problems are ironed out.