Profile for Milo's Mum > Reviews

Content by Milo's Mum

Milo's Mum (United Kingdom)

Body Talk Pt. 1 [Explicit]
Body Talk Pt. 1 [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Slice of pop perfection, 18 Aug. 2010
I absolutely adore this E.P! It's a real slice of pop perfection. You will have it on repeat and be singing the songs for even longer.

Altec Lansing iNMotion iMT237 Orbit Speaker Docks
Altec Lansing iNMotion iMT237 Orbit Speaker Docks

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant wee speaker, 18 April 2010
Works fantastically with my Sony MP3 player. Lovely full sound from such a tiny speaker. Good volume too.

Feeding Kids: The Netmums Cookery Book
Feeding Kids: The Netmums Cookery Book
by Judith Wills

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative but predictable., 11 Sept. 2009
I pre-ordered this book in anticipation and was left feeling disappointed. The chapters discussing nutritional information were very interesting but the recipies were very disappointing. Lots of things that I already cook or things that I could easily figure out (tuna spread - add mayo and fromage frais, really?!).

Best for an absolute beginner with no clue what to feed children.

Expecting: Everything You Need to Know about Pregnancy, Labour and Birth
Expecting: Everything You Need to Know about Pregnancy, Labour and Birth
by Anna McGrail

5.0 out of 5 stars A complete bible - don't buy anything else!, 24 Jan. 2007
This book is an amazing collection of information, all of which is invaluable if you're pregnant. There are large sections for every week of pregnancy, as well as a great index so you can look things up quickly. This has been beside my bed throughout pregnancy and has never left me needing more information. I think I've read a bit of it almost every day! I found with some things I knew more than the antenatal class teacher because I'd read this book!

How To Be A Domestic Goddess Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking
How To Be A Domestic Goddess Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking
by Nigella Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate fudge cake of a book!, 8 Jun. 2006
I adore this book. I often get home from work, kick off my shoes and settle down with this book, and it often takes me 2 or 3 reads to decide what to make. It's written in the most beautiful style, and feels more like a girlfriend sharing her recipes with you than a cookery book. Both the food and the book are total delights, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it.

The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion: The All-Purpose Baking Cookbook A James Beard Award Winner (King Arthur Flour Cookbooks)
by King Arthur Flour

4.0 out of 5 stars A bakers bible, 8 Jun. 2006
You don't grasp the vast size of this book from the details, it really is a great hunk of a book! It has such great basic recipes, and I find myself referring back to it time and time again. Just a note, as a British baker, I find the amounts a bit overwhelming and usually half or quarter the ingredients.

Radioactivist
Radioactivist

5.0 out of 5 stars The album I've been waiting for!, 11 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Radioactivist (Audio CD)
First of all I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to roadrunner records for bringing Red Tape to the public!
Fantastic riffs, toe-tapping, head-nodding music, where else could you get sing-along politics?
This is a very refreshing, catchy album, for once the band lives up to the hype.

Confession
Confession

5.0 out of 5 stars Te Amo...Ill Nino, 7 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Confession (Audio CD)
I had high hopes for this album and I have to say they've been met! It's a very emotional album, with all the riffs and drum beats that have me dancing and smiling when I listen to Ill Nino.
It's hard to pick a favourite but Lifeless...Life is a fantastic track which I can't wait to hear live. This album has been given a horrible review from the press and a fantastic review from the fans..who do you trust? ;)
This album left me over the moon, it would have been really easy for Ill Nino to dissapoint and they definetly haven't! You will NOT be dissapointed!

Sing Sing Death House
Sing Sing Death House

5.0 out of 5 stars ~*~For Those Who Thrive On Punk Rawk....~*~, 24 Mar. 2002
This review is from: Sing Sing Death House (Audio CD)
...this one's for you.outstandingly simple and affecting lyrics, vocals that come straight from the pits of brody's troubled soul and musicianship thats a pristine mess. buy it. now.

To Britain With Love and Bruises: Limited Edition
To Britain With Love and Bruises: Limited Edition
Offered by 5records

5.0 out of 5 stars bruised and bleeding album for blasphemous boyz+grrrrlz, 13 Mar. 2001
amazingly raw but very very beautiful, gives any fan a warm glow :) true raaaaaaawk