Profile for Cicer1 > Reviews

Content by Cicer1

Cicer1 (UK)

Salter 9028 Razor Ultra Slim Technology Electronic Glass Bathroom Scale - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly accurate, 9 Mar. 2012
After reading mixed reviews about the product's accuracy, I hesitantly ordered one as most other scales out there have similar negative feedback.

I was surprised by the scales' accuracy. It provides both consistent and precise measurements. Just step on it and the large display will show your weight to the 100 grams. I have hard, even floors, which may help given that the scales has four separate weight sensor hidden into the feet, and unless they have a solid and steady support, they may give inconsistent readings.

I tested the scales' consistency by repeatedly weighing myself over a reasonable time period and always got the same exact reading. In terms of accuracy, I weighed myself and then stepped on the scales holding a 1.5-litre water bottle - just to see my weight increased by 1.5kg, as it should. I guess this will come handy before boarding my next Ryanair flight...

For the imperial units-minded, it does provide readings in pounds or stones+pounds at the press of a button.

All in all a very decent scales at the right price.

The Safari Companion: A Guide to Watching African Mammals Including Hoofed Mammals, Carnivores, and Primates
by Richard Estes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insights on animal behaviour, 27 Feb. 2012
I brought this book together with the Field Guide to African Wildlife (National Audubon Society) on a Kenya and Tanzania 2-week safari, and they complement each other perfectly: the Audubon for its fantastic pictures and detailed classification, this one for the in-depth discussion on animal behaviour. Definitely recommended if you're spending more than a couple of days in the African great plains, as understanding what the animals are thinking and doing and why they are doing it, is what makes the safari interesting!

Gembird 10m CAT5e Molded Strain Relief Patch Cord Cable with 50 Micron Plugs
Gembird 10m CAT5e Molded Strain Relief Patch Cord Cable with 50 Micron Plugs
Offered by ETechland

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product at the right price, 27 Feb. 2012
I received two of these cables a couple of weeks ago and used them to connect my router to my Sky box and Smart TV. They've been performing perfectly and I've been able to stream 1080p content from the laptop to the TV with no issue whatsoever. (Granted, this is not the max speed these cables should be able to deliver, but for my application I will hardly need much more than this.)

Laying them down, I've been careful not to make the turns around the corners too tight, as other reviewers had problems. It was definitely not the case for me: both cables work perfectly despite having to go around 7 corners. I guess that if one sticks to the CAT 5 cable specs when it comes to bending radius (max 4 times the cable's diameter, [...]) these cables will be just fine.