Profile for Dave L. > Reviews

Content by Dave L.

Dave L. (Kent, UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything fits!, 21 Dec. 2015
I was given this as a birthday present, it had been on my wishlist for some time and I had forgotten about it, so when it arrived on my birthday I was more than pleasantly surprised.

I've got the orange bag, saying that it's more yellow than orange.

First things first, its not manufactured by Yaagle, instead its made by Sinpaid (yeah me neither). Saying that the quality cannot be faulted, I have a smaller Lowepro bag and the quality of this bag puts the Lowepro to shame.

As I say in the title, everything fits. That includes 2 Nikon bodies, my Tamron Beast, a Nikon 50mm, Nikon 70-300, Sigma 17-70 and my Fuji X20. Ok its tight, but it all crams in.

The main bay is opened from the back, the inserts aren't in place, you have to put those in yourself. They are fairly standard case inserts that can be placed pretty much how you want/need them.

In the front there is room, if somewhat tight, for a laptop, though I have my spare batteries and Card case in the interior front pocket.

For value alone this bag is a winner. It's small enough to be suitable for cabin luggage but its just like a tardis as you can cram so much stuff in. It comes with obligatory rain cover, though mine us a lovely shade of lime green. The test will be next year when I'm out in the field with out. So far I like it very very much and I love my wife for buying it even more!

Oh and the Lowepro bag? Well that's now on the famous auction site!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bundle!, 14 Dec. 2015
Great deal to get Battery and charger for so little. The USB charger really comes handy on the road as you can charge whilst driving to location. Battery seems to be good as well.

Deluxe Single Cutaway Electro Acoustic Guitar Sapeli
Deluxe Single Cutaway Electro Acoustic Guitar Sapeli
Offered by Gear4music

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars for service and quality., 11 Oct. 2015
This guitar was bought for my son as a birthday present. I ordered it from G4M a couple of weeks before and the parcel arrived but was left unwrapped. Sadly when opened on the big day we found that the couriers had damaged the guitar, so after a couple of frantic Emails and calls G4M despatched a replacement. So it's a 5 star for customer service.

As for the guitar, so many have already said how good this guitar is. It has a lovely rich sound and my son really enjoys playing it, so it's also a 5 star for the quality of this guitar.

Komputerbay SD / SDHC / MMC Card to Compact Flash Type II High Speed Adapter
Komputerbay SD / SDHC / MMC Card to Compact Flash Type II High Speed Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 13 Aug. 2013
Rather than buying a whole load of CF cards I can use this with my existing SD cards, I've not noticed any slowdown in speeds on the camera.

The only thing that stops the product getting 5 stars is that you have to remove the adaptor to remove the SD card, which is probably a minor niggle!

Product was delivered quickly too, pretty good service all round.

Nikon AF-S VR 70-300 f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED
Nikon AF-S VR 70-300 f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED

5.0 out of 5 stars This is worth every penny, 23 April 2011
I was exceedingly lucky to pick up one of these lenses for an incredibly cheap price from a re-seller specialising in liquidated stock. But would have willingly paid the full price.

This is an immense lens, my pictures are so sharp thanks to the incredible Nikon VR image stabilisation system.

If you are looking at the 55-300, this is a far superior product and well worth the extra pennies.

The only downside is that it is rather heavy, but it is a price worth paying.