Profile for jena > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Colorfy: Coloring Book for Adults - Best Free App
Colorfy: Coloring Book for Adults - Best Free App

5.0 out of 5 stars relaxing, 10 Aug. 2015
I never thought colouring could be so relaxing. Put aside ideas of colouring being just for kids, try it for yourself. Totally absorbing.

The Secret Society® - Hidden Mystery
The Secret Society® - Hidden Mystery

3.0 out of 5 stars timed play, why, 6 May 2014
Much as I like this game I feel under continual pressure when playing, either I am timed in play or am being hounded to join with friends. Not a game to relax with. Graphics and idea of game is good but can only give three star rating.

Real Kakuro
Real Kakuro

5.0 out of 5 stars absorbing game, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Real Kakuro (App)
This game is challenging and needs concentration and a steady nerve! Perseverance pays off, I had a sense of achievement ON completion of a level. A great game for making you think.

Intense Latin
Intense Latin

4.0 out of 5 stars very handy, 18 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Intense Latin (App)
I bought this for revision for my OU exam which studied Virgil. Didnt look quite close enough as this does not cover it, but does have vocab from Caesar, Cicero and others so still very useful for vocab learning. Method was good too; learn, shuffle, revise, check, move on. Will be using this regularly. Would have had 5 stars were it not that Virgil was missing!

Virgil: v.1: Eclogues; Georgics; Aeneid bks. 1-6 (Loeb Classical Library)
Virgil: v.1: Eclogues; Georgics; Aeneid bks. 1-6 (Loeb Classical Library)
by Virgil

5.0 out of 5 stars usual good book from Loeb, 18 Jun. 2013
This is the third Loeb Classical Library book I now own. I found this one up to usual standard. Good translation offered. Just wish all the Aeneid was in one book.

The Lost City
The Lost City

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun and a challenge, 22 April 2013
This review is from: The Lost City (App)
As a newcomer to games on my Kindle Fire HD, (this is my second), I found this great fun. The graphics are excellent, puzzles varied and the changing seasons give even more interest. Hints are available, which I needed a time or two, but rarely got totally stuck. This is the second Fire Maple Game I have tried, the first being Grisly Manor. This was a step up in length and challenges from Grisly. Give it a try, I think you will enjoy it.

The Secret of Grisly Manor
The Secret of Grisly Manor

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for a newbie player, 22 April 2013
This review is from: The Secret of Grisly Manor (App)
This was virgin territory for me, it is the first game of this sort I have ever played, and enjoyed it very much. It is fairly short, but enough challenges to be interesting to me. Although I got stuck a time or two, with a friend also doing the same puzzle between us we got through. It is a good introduction to games for anyone like me who has never tried them before. It has certainly wetted my appetite for another puzzle like this.

Poetic KeyBook Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Kindle Fire HD 7.0 Black
Poetic KeyBook Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Kindle Fire HD 7.0 Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful addition to Kindle Fire, 3 April 2013
This keyboard is very usable, once you get used to the idea that the keys are much closer than on an ordinary keyboard. The key 'feel' is positive, I did think that the tongue would get in the way of typing, but didnt annoy me. The keyboard is usable taken away from the case if it does. The case itself is soft to the touch. Minor detail is that the camera eye is off to one side of the aperture in the case, but I have taken photos with it and there is no visual impairment.

Bleak Expectations
Bleak Expectations

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 9 Mar. 2013
Not my cup of tea at all. Yes, I can 'get' the allusions to various Dickens figures, but I had slung it away in disgust(metaphorically) before many pages had passed. To me, didnt seem to be much happening.

Move it!
Move it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another addiction warning needed., 9 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Move it! (App)
This is also addictive. An electronic update based on the '8 tiles in a square box' I remember from my youth. Only slight niggle is with the hint. It takes you back to the start of the puzzle and shows the first few moves, then asks if you wish to continue (or words to that effect). Whether you press yes or now makes no difference, you are left to continue yourself. As I get stuck further on in the puzzle that is not much help. Still pretty good though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4