Profile for Scarlet Sparkle > Reviews

Scarlet Sparkle

Who Likes Short Shorts
Who Likes Short Shorts

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab as always from this writer, 11 Feb. 2014
It's funny. It's well written. I wanted to read more. Can't wait to read the next book by Pete sortwell.

It's All Fucking Shit: Angry Dave's Bollocking Boxset
It's All Fucking Shit: Angry Dave's Bollocking Boxset

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody bollocking marvellous, 6 Feb. 2014
Laughed till I cried. A funny look at life from the inimitable Angry Dave. I recommend this box set. Great value for money, well written, funny. Ingenious! What's not to like?

The Diary Of An Expectant Father (The Diary Of A Father Book 1)
The Diary Of An Expectant Father (The Diary Of A Father Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody good, 10 Jan. 2014
Loved this look into the male psyche, having only experienced childbirth from a woman's perspective before. I did want to kill Graham at times and at other times I found myself magging my partner saying, 'why weren't you like that when I'd given birth?' I loved the relationship between him and Allison. Boris is inspired and I willed them all to have a happy ending. Can't wait for the next one.

So Low So High
So Low So High

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite books of 2013, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: So Low So High (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book. A fantastic portrayal of addiction done with humour and pathos. Fabulous characterisation. I loved the relationship between Simon and his long suffereing parents, family and friends. It's grim in parts, it's gritty, it's fierce. It's well-written, moving, funny and a thumping good read

The Diary Of A ... Father: Year one Boxset
The Diary Of A ... Father: Year one Boxset

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab fab fab, 10 Jan. 2014
This was funny, it was poignant. It made me laugh, it made me cry. Everything I want from a good rom com and, even though he was a bit of a loser, I found myself falling for Graham, the protagonist. I wanted great things to happen for him. It's an unusual love story, in that love seems to seep into him through the pregnancy and it takes him a while to realise what he's feeling. I enjoyed being on that journey with him. Can't wait to read the next one.

The Diary Of A Hapless Father: months 0-3 (The Diary Of A Father Book 2)
The Diary Of A Hapless Father: months 0-3 (The Diary Of A Father Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this, 10 Jan. 2014

The Complete Idiot Reviews (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Box Set)
The Complete Idiot Reviews (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Box Set)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody fantastic, 10 Jan. 2014
Laughed my way through these idiot reviews. Just my kind of humour. I challenge anyone not to laugh out loud. An original premise brilliantly carried off. Can't wait to read more by this author. My colleages kept asking why I was chuckling away at my Kindle so I told them to download it. We didn't get much work done that day but we did laugh!

Dating In The Dark: sometimes love just pretends to be blind (A Laugh Out Loud Romantic Comedy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost peed my pants, 1 Jan. 2014
Loved this comedy. The premise was original (the protagonist pretends to be blind in order to date a blind girl), the characters well-rounded and the plot gripping. I couldn't put it down. Laughed so much I almost peed my pants. Got strange looks on the bus and in the cafe, where I read it on my phone, as I kept guffawing and chortling away to myself. Can't wait for the next one. Well done, Mr Sortwell. A triumph!