Profile for K Flanaghan > Reviews

Content by K Flanaghan

K Flanaghan

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Texas Secrets: The Gallaghers of Morning Star Book 1 (Texas Heroes)
Texas Secrets: The Gallaghers of Morning Star Book 1 (Texas Heroes)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story...., 17 April 2013
....even if a bit predictable. Not really many twists or turns plot wise and although the characters are likeable I didn't feel as though there was any depth to them or any character development. Everything seemed a little too laid out as if the structure was following bullet points. Doesn't take away from the fact though that this was a perfect little book to waste away a few hours.

Painted Blind: A Modern Retelling of the Myth of Cupid & Psyche
Painted Blind: A Modern Retelling of the Myth of Cupid & Psyche

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 16 April 2013
I have has this book on my kindle for months as a free download and never gave it a second thought. Why the heck did I never read it?
Decided to give it a go after having to take a sick day and having nothing else to do. I Was so surprised by this book that I couldn't put it down. I love history and Greek myths favourite things about classical and ancient history. I loved the characters in this and the modern setting of the myth. Only wish is that I had read it sooner.

Scary Mary (The Scary Mary Series Book 1)
Scary Mary (The Scary Mary Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my thing, 16 April 2013
I have had this on my kindle for a number of months now and finally bit the bullet and got round to reading it. In some ways I wish I hadn't. I knew from before even reading I probably wouldn't enjoy it but still wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately I found the characters unlikable and the story boring. Definitely will not be rereading.

UNTIL YOU
UNTIL YOU

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of plot for free, 15 April 2013
This review is from: UNTIL YOU (Kindle Edition)
I was surprised by the standard of this book considering it was a free download. I enjoyed the plot twists although at times both of the main characters annoyed the hell out of me. But I thought it was well thought out and well written. I would like maybe to see some follow ups of secondary characters but overall wouldn't care too much about what happens to the main couple. The four stars are for the writing style only and not for the characters.

Married By Midnight (Pembroke Palace Book 4)
Married By Midnight (Pembroke Palace Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good on a lazy afternoon, 15 April 2013
I did enjoy this book however I can't say I will be in a rush to read it again. It was great for what it was...a free download. I managed to read it in one sitting and although I haven't read the first books in the series (I believe this in book four) it does not take anything away from the story. I enjoyed both the main characters and for once liked that the female lead a regency novel wasn't as pure as fresh snow and that she wasn't ashamed of the fact. I would enjoy reading the following novel surrounding Charlotte but unless that book is also free I won't be that bothered.

Long Time Coming (Fated Loves Book 1)
Long Time Coming (Fated Loves Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit long winded, 15 April 2013
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this book considering I downloaded it for free. Luckily I enjoyed the characters and the plot twists. The only bad point for me is that I felt the story ran on a bit longer than it needed to. Don't get me wrong I enjoy when a story takes me all day to read but it has to have the meat to fill out the pages to leave me satisfied. Unfortunately this book fell a bit short of doing that so I feel unable to give it the full five stars. I am however going to look into Edie Claire's other novels and hope I get some enjoyment out of them as well.

Heart Song (Biker Rockstar Series Book 3)
Heart Song (Biker Rockstar Series Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok I guess, 15 April 2013
When I started reading this book I didn't realise it was the second in a series and so I have not read the first. Although I'm sure the first book may add some perspective on to reading this one, I didn't find it necessary and it was easy to pick up on what had happened. I am giving this book three stars only as although it was a good way to pass the time, I don't see myself rereading this book. I found the writing style quite amateur and filled with simple mistakes. I believe if more care had went into the editing of this book with perhaps more beta readers I maybe could have given it four stars but overall it wasn't for me.

Drip Drop Teardrop
Drip Drop Teardrop

4.0 out of 5 stars Good short story, 15 April 2013
Read this story in the car (as a passenger) on my kindle. Great short story and good enough to waste some time with when you have a few hours to kill. Admittedly the story was a bit predictable but in short story's its difficult not to see where the story is going. I fell in love with Samantha Young as a writer after reading On Dublin Street and so to find a free story of hers was very satisfying. To anyone who have read this book I recommend reading On Dublin Street as its her first adult novel and unlike most of her other books isn't in the fantasy genre.

RUNAWAY HEART
RUNAWAY HEART

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good., 15 April 2013
This review is from: RUNAWAY HEART (Kindle Edition)
Wasn't expecting to like this book as much as I did although i must say its very predictable. but as long as you know what you are expecting in a period romance (read as bodice ripper) then you wont be disappointed.

Hotter than Hot
Hotter than Hot

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit dull, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Hotter than Hot (Kindle Edition)
Not sure where this story ended but in my mind it seemed as though it hit a bit of a road block and so the writer just decided to finish it there. I understand that it is a shorter story but the same principles of an introduction, middle and end should be followed. Unfortunately it had a good beginning, a mediocre middle and an abrupt end. I was left wondering where the rest of the story was. Very disappointing after what promised to be a good read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11