Profile for K Flanaghan > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Shadowmagic
Shadowmagic

3.0 out of 5 stars Still something missing, 19 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Shadowmagic (Kindle Edition)
Being Irish, some of the inaccuracies in this book concerning Celtic mythology really annoyed me. So much so, that in the beginning I wasn't sure I would be able to read it.
After deciding to continue if did pick up but still I thought there was just something missing that stopped it from being a great story. I'm not sure what it is but unfortunately this book just didn't tick enough boxes for me.

A Job From Hell (Ancient Legends Book 1)
A Job From Hell (Ancient Legends Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too sure, 9 Jun. 2013
I think more work and editing needed to be done on this book before it was released. In some places it seemed as though I had missed an entire chapter or that I was seriously missing something. Also the writing style definitely needed some work. After reading about McDonald's four different times within the first chapter I have no urge to go there ever again. I don't mind a little repetition if necessary but it was used way too much. Not gonna read the rest of the series.

Masquerade
Masquerade

2.0 out of 5 stars Gave up, 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Masquerade (Kindle Edition)
I found the story went on for far too long and to be honest I wasn't too fond of the characters. Most of the dialogue was highly repetitive and I lost count of the number of times the two sisters fought over the same argument.

The Edge of Never
The Edge of Never

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking, 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
I actually read this story whilst sat on a long bus journey so those who have finished this can only imagine how this story affected me. I wish I had my very own Andrew sat behind me but alas no such luck in the real world.
Poor Camryn has not had an easy time of it. Betrayed by her best friend, she hops an a bus and her life is turned around by the handsome stranger who sits behind her. Unfortunately, in the process of saving her, he is also keeping his own dark secret from her. One that has the power to destroy all the help that he has given her in rebuilding herself.
I loved these two as a couple even though I did find Camryn a little mopey at times and liked how it switched between their point of views instead of just focusing on Camryn because if it had a think I would have found it slightly depressing.
Can not wait for the sequel.

Beautiful Mess
Beautiful Mess

2.0 out of 5 stars a bit of a waste of time to be honest, 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Mess (Kindle Edition)
First off- this story is very short. I'm not sure if it even counts as a novel or novella. For this reason it seems as though the writer has tried to cram a lot in to it.
Also unfortunately because of the length I found it difficult to build any type of sympathy to the characters. The ones I liked the most were the rats!
What is even worse is that the basic story line has the possibility of being a good full length novel if only a little more work had been put in to it.

Frey (The Frey Saga Book 1)
Frey (The Frey Saga Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, 2 Jun. 2013
To be quite honest I'm not sure I understood this book. The plot seemed a little too full and I found myself confused over what had happened. I know that some of this is partly due to occurrences with the plot (without giving too much away, Alfreda has her memories blocked) but as a reader I would have liked a bit more clarity over what was happening.
And the ending....I know that cliffhangers are a good story telling device, but this one made no sense to me. Again I was left wondering if I had missed something.
Overall I don't think I will be getting the rest in the series as I think I would only end up more confused than I am now.

Blood and Sand: An Elemental World Novel
Blood and Sand: An Elemental World Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved the characters, 1 Jun. 2013
Baojia was always one of my favourite characters in the original elemental mysteries series and I am so happy that he got a book dedicated to his own story and that we were able to learn some more of his background. I liked the sparks between him and Natalie and that she was once again, just like Beatrice and Brigid, a woman who stood up for herself and didn't allow anyone else to fight her battles for her. I was so glad to see Ben growing up even more and I am now even more convinced on where his own plot is going.
One issue I had with this story....
When I was reading "Building from the Ashes" I thought the mention of Beatrice and Gio felt different from the characters that were developed throughout their own story. Again in this novel, although it seemed as though Gio and B returned to their characters, Brigid felt a little different from the character we were introduced to in "Building from the Ashes". Although it's it a minor issue, and as I said, Gio and B returned to their original characters, I felt no sense of relief at seeing how Brigid and Carwyn were getting along together as the characters just felt ever so slightly off.
Either way I was glad that Baojia finally got some form of happy ending away from his unrequited crush on B and loved that I got the opportunity to once again endorse myself in one of my favourite series'. Can't wait to hear more about Baojia and Natalie in upcoming books.

The Marker
The Marker

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok story, 31 May 2013
This review is from: The Marker (Kindle Edition)
A basic what you expect is what you get book. After a compelling beginning the middle seemed to drag out for far too long and the ending added as an after thought. Seriously the ending only took up approximately the last five pages. The book dragged on for a lot longer for something that could have been done better in a story half the length.

Grey Eyes (The Forever Trilogy Book 1)
Grey Eyes (The Forever Trilogy Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok novel, 30 May 2013
To be perfectly honest, although the characters were likeable, I didn't feel as though I was really connected to any of them. The only one I faintly liked was London and in the end chapters, without giving anything away, I didn't even feel connected to her. I know some people will love this book but unfortunately for me it didn't really do anything for me and I don't think I will be reading the rest of the trilogy.

Running Barefoot
Running Barefoot

4.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking/ Uplifting, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Running Barefoot (Kindle Edition)
What a tale of two extremes. Genuinely wept at parts of this story. Poor Josie just seems to get knocked down by life so much. I can not imagine ever feeling as desolate as she must have felt. But oh to have someone like Samuel there to lift you back up. There is a lot to be said for a guy who will love you with quiet but blunt intensity. I myself find myself more at ease with guys who know when to be silent, and allow me to be silent, than guys who try to fill moments with noise and restless energy. I felt deeply for both these characters and I am so glad they found their happy ending.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11