Profile for SSP > Reviews

Dark Time: Mortal Path Book 1
by Dakota Banks
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars a delicious find, 9 Jan. 2011
The storyline is perfect, kept me wanting to know more about the Sumerian Gods, and had an interesting heroine. Try this book! If you like strong female roles, a healthy mix of supernational crime, and James Bond, then you will love this!

The Devil Inside: Number 1 in series (Morgan Kingsley Exorcist)
The Devil Inside: Number 1 in series (Morgan Kingsley Exorcist)
by Jenna Black

5.0 out of 5 stars An original series, 9 Jan. 2011
This is a great debut to a new series about an exorcist. It has the right amount of romance, horror, biting sarcasm, and a not so loving family!

Moon Called: Mercy Thompson book 1
Moon Called: Mercy Thompson book 1
by Patricia Briggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Jan. 2011
Absolutely brilliant! Beautifully written, hooks you right into the story. I love it, and can't stop reading it! I'm hooked to the whole series!

Root Causes of Sudan's Civil Wars (African Issues)
Root Causes of Sudan's Civil Wars (African Issues)
by Douglas H. Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Factual, 11 Feb. 2010
A must read for those interested in Africa's longest civil wars. Johnson is a fantastic writer.

Darfur: The Ambiguous Genocide
Darfur: The Ambiguous Genocide
by Gerard Prunier

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 Feb. 2010
Short, but intensely packed full of interesting facts. A brilliant book if one wishes to know more about Darfur and the background to the first 21st century genocide.

One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter World)
One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter World)

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 21 Feb. 2009
What an amazing book!

Please do not listen to the critics!! This book was fabolous in every way :)

It was lovely to see Stryker and understand him, it was also GREAT to see more of Savitar, and be introduced to Jaden (I don't read the Dream - Hunter books :P).

I'm really looking forward to Bad Moon Rising, which will be out August this year wooo!!

Kiss of the Night (Dark Hunter 7)
Kiss of the Night (Dark Hunter 7)

3.0 out of 5 stars I was looking forward to this..., 29 Jan. 2009
So Wulf is a Viking, I'll remember to tell that to my Swedish friend (she likes to tell everyone that her ancestors are Vikings), anyway back to the book in hand..
I love the interactions between Ash and Artie! they are awesome, and I also love this mysterious Katra, however the romance between Wulf and Cass was slightly missing something.
Prehaps it was because of how amazing Dance with the Devil was, but whatever! I still wanted more of what Kenyon normally gives in heaps!
I loved the interactions between Wulf and Chris! and the last part of the book was funny and lovely. and of course the story between Urian and his father Stryker, it quenched my thrist for the dark-hunter world.

Dark Side Of The Moon (Dark Hunter 10)
Dark Side Of The Moon (Dark Hunter 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars super awesomeness :D, 29 Jan. 2009
I was really hesitant while deciding to buy this book because of the okayish reviews that people have been giving this, however I am now really truely glad that I bought it in the end.
Dark Side of the Moon is defiantly for the long standing fans of the Dark Hunter series and not one that someone should start first before the prior books.
In this book we get to find out more about Savitar - who personally I'm beginning to really like his non nonsense attitude: he's brass, rude but amazingly honest (due mostly to the fact that he really doesn't care about what other people think!). I'm actually beginning to like him more than Acheron (which is saying something, because I LOVE Ash!!).
I started to really care about Susan and Rave and I'm really glad of the final decision that Rave made --- it wasn't rushed (although the story did end quickly).
I loved the Nick parts, I was a little upset that Simi didn't turn up, anndd I loved the parts between Ash and Artie!
I think if you've read all the others then GO AND GET THIS ONE TOO!! It was super amazing and I can't wait to read the next one: Sin and Katra's story :)

Predatory Game
Predatory Game
by Christine Feehan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, oh wow!!, 27 July 2008
This was such an amazing book!
Although Saber moan and whined, like an average female (lol I felt I could relate to her when she did this!), you can't help but feel sorry for this young woman who didn't even know what fairy tales were. She is someone who has been treated disgustingly and abusively during her childhood by Whitney and his minions, and is always looking for a way out.
Jesse...well where can I start! lol. He is an amazing man who feels nothing but deep love and protectiveness over Saber - they've been living together for nearly a year and yet he has remained a gentleman and hasn't tried to make a 'move' on her.
Although I was a slight ...hmm uncomfortable with they're easy rapport (so used to the behaviour between the early relationships with the partnered ghostwalkers), I overcame this and enjoyed the book so much that it deserved 5 stars!
You don't have to read the first ones first (I didn't - I caught up afterwards and then read Predatory Game again), I strongly recommend reading all of them :D.
They're awesome! I wish I didn't have to wait a year for Kaden's story.

Succubus Blues: 1 (Georgina Kincaid 1)
Succubus Blues: 1 (Georgina Kincaid 1)
by Richelle Mead

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 9 July 2008
A brilliant book, that puts u quickly quite comfortably in the shoes of Georgina, making you connect with her and also care about her.
The humour is quick and sharp, and although Georgina is quite old, myself as a teenager could relate to her very easly.
Mead makes you understand Georgina's way of life without confusing you with the laws of morality and affairs of heaven and hell.