Profile for wayne > Reviews

Fog, The [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Selma Blair
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!!, 9 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Fog, The [2005] [DVD] (DVD)
Please DON'T waste your money on this. It is BAD! If you want to see serious "Fog" rather than second hand cigarette smoke then go for John Carpenters original. Buy this and regret it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2012 11:58 PM BST

My Soul to Take [DVD]
My Soul to Take [DVD]
Dvd ~ Max Thieriot

5.0 out of 5 stars blah blah blah..., 4 Sept. 2011
This review is from: My Soul to Take [DVD] (DVD)
I wonder if this was a "Straight to video" job because unless I had spent the past year or so on Mars I've never heard of it...not even seen an advert for a cinema release and I'm a massive cinema/film buff, especially of the horror genre.
Anyway having read the reviews here, and with it being a Wes Craven job I thought to hell with it, go out and buy a copy. I'm so glad I did because this is a gem!! Obviously overlooked and panned by critics, who really don't know a good thing if it slapped them across the face with a wet rag, I really enjoyed it. The first ten minutes alone set up the film brilliantly, tense violent stuff and, okay so there were plot holes the size of the the Grand Canyon, this is Wes Craven, it's what he does best and that is to scare the skin off you! I
I do feel the ending was a bit weak and shattered my illusions of the killers idenity but on the whole its a very entertaining shocker. Don't expect great things....just enjoy it for what it is.

Hatchet 2 [DVD]
Hatchet 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danielle Harris
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars be warned...., 4 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Hatchet 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Not as bad as I thought it would be, well it certainly does what it says on the tin, caution IS advised if you don't like seeing bodies chopped up beyond recognition...
However, I was a bit concerned about the actress from the first film being replaced (by Danielle Harris) to pick up exactly where it left off, but Danielle pulls it off well, and if you can get over that minor hurdle you're in for a treat. Okay so it's NOT as good as the first and it seems to copy it scene for scene, again another minor hurdle but once the rag tag team arrive at the swamp...well, just wtach and if you don't take it too seriously you'll enjoy it.

One major disappoinmtent however...no subtitles available.

The Twelve Commandments Of Dance
The Twelve Commandments Of Dance

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!, 2 Jun. 2011
Along with everyone here who were fortunate to remember the "London Boys" back in the day..WOW! I did have the original album on cassette and dam near wore it out to excessive overplay it was THAT good! And having browsed on here i came across this "Special Edition" and placed an order. If not JUST for the 12" remix of "Requiem" but just for the sheer fact it's a dam good album!
Young peeps today have no idea just how good the music was back then and the "London Boys" certainly were at the top of their game with this.
I'm just sad they were taken from us in such a tragic way, this CD is a fitting tribute to them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5