Profile for Smiles > Reviews

Content by Smiles

Smiles

Page: 1 | 2
Close Liaisons (The Krinar Chronicles: Volume 1)
Close Liaisons (The Krinar Chronicles: Volume 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read - Beware the key characters are beyond annoying, 4 Aug. 2013
If you liked 'fifty shades' you might like this book. This is an erotic paranormal romance with a slight fifty shades twist. Korum is a member of an alien race the 'K's', the K's have settled on earth ostensibly to coexist peacefully with humans. Korum becomes obsessed with Mia a human. He meets her in a park and in true fifty shades fashion decides that she is his and then proceeds to take over her life. Add a planned rebellion against the K's presence on earth into the mix and you have what turns out to be an okay story. I would have rated this book higher if Mia hadn't been so unbelievable weak and annoying or Korum so overbearing and arrogant. Despite these hiccups this is an easy afternoon read.

Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (The Immortals After Dark Series Book 4)
Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (The Immortals After Dark Series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite authors, 28 July 2013
If anyone has read my other reviews about the immortals after dark books you will know how much I adore this series. In a previous book ( No rest for the wicked) we met Bowen MacRieve the heartbroken gorgeous Lykae, in this book we get to explore his story and we meet Mariketa the Awaited a sassy 21st century kick ass super witch. In this book Kresley Cole does what she does best - draw us into a humorous, riveting and enchanting tale.

The Robber Bride (The Daring Debutantes, Book 1)
The Robber Bride (The Daring Debutantes, Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow burn, 28 July 2013
This book will not set your heart on fire but it was a valiant effort. I understand the heroine's actions and even have some sympathy for the way she reasons. However she was a little irritating and the ending of the book is downright annoying! It took the edge of my entrenched fondness for period romances. It's an easy read and you could do worse *yawn*.

Marblestone Mansion, Book 1 (Scandalous Duchess Series)
Marblestone Mansion, Book 1 (Scandalous Duchess Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to like it but didn't, 28 July 2013
This book is a passable read, I hate to give less than enthusiastic reviews but I would be telling an untruth if i said I loved or even liked this book. The story is a slow burner and never actually kicks into gear, the characters are slightly unbelievable and at best very very annoying. It was a free read so I can't be too harsh about it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 28 July 2013
I brought this after reading several reviews about the effectiveness of the product. I have used this for 3 months and I must say I am thrilled at the results. My hair is thicker, growing faster and my hairline has filled in. The consistency of the product is thick and gooey so a bottle goes a long long way. I know some people have commented on its distinctive smell but I didn't find it at all overpowering or uncomfortable, it is no better or worse than using other shea butter products including those from the 'Shea Moisture' range. My advice - stop thinking about it and go buy yourself a bottle.

No Rest For The Wicked (The Immortals After Dark Series Book 3)
No Rest For The Wicked (The Immortals After Dark Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 8 Nov. 2012
Okay its official Kresley Cole is my new favourite author!!!!! I love the way she links each story and each character. What can I say ? Another fabulous book from the fabulous Ms Cole.

A Hunger Like No other (The Immortals After Dark Series Book 2)
A Hunger Like No other (The Immortals After Dark Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 8 Nov. 2012
I stumbled on Kresley Cole after reading someone else's recommendation for magical fantasy. I ordered this book with a little skepticism, I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did and I did!!! Kresley weaves a brilliant story infused with all the right ingredients: humour, strong characters and a great storyline. This book receives 3 thumbs from me.

Dark Needs at Night's Edge (The Immortals After Dark Series Book 5)
Dark Needs at Night's Edge (The Immortals After Dark Series Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really liked this book, 8 Nov. 2012
To be perfectly honest I preferred the previous book (Wicked deeds on a winter night) I was a little frustrated at the pace of this book. Pace notwithstanding it is a good read so don't let this dissuade you from reading it.

Lady Whistledown Strikes Back
Lady Whistledown Strikes Back
by Julia Quinn
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Lady Whistledown, 4 Feb. 2011
The book is absolutely hilarious, I love Julia Quinn and her co-authors do not disappoint. If you like your historical romance with a lot of laughs and a little bit of zing this is definitely the book for you.

The Bunny Years
The Bunny Years
by Kathryn Leigh Scott

4.0 out of 5 stars A glimpse into the playboy world, 14 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Bunny Years (Paperback)
After watching the 'girls of the playboy mansion' on tv I brought this book seeking answers to the question... why would three young women decide to date and live with a 70 year old man? This book did not answer that question however it opened the door to the 1962 world of playboy and gave me an insight into the world of the women who lived and worked as playboy bunnies when the first playboy clubs were established and opened.

Surprisingly I came away with a hearty respect for Hugh Hefner for his vision and creativity and for the young women in 1962 who defied convention to become Bunnies and later parlayed their success in this role into successes in business and life.

This female reader enjoyed bunny years and salutes the young women who boldly went were others feared to tread.

Page: 1 | 2