Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Silver > Reviews

Purslane Green Appx 3000 seeds
Offered by Skye dream

5.0 out of 5 stars Great salad crop, 19 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Purslane Green Appx 3000 seeds
We grew the winter Purslane on our allotment last winter and it supplied us with a salad crop until spring. It has a nice peppery taste so we thought we'd try the summer variety as well this time. Couldn't find it to buy even at a seed show, Good old Amazon, or SeeKay, and it came within days of ordering.

Just Seed - Salad Purslane - Claytonia perfoliata - Winter Miners Lettuce - 2500 Seeds
Offered by JustSeed UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice salad crop, 19 Mar. 2016
Tried Purslane last year and loved it. It has a slight peppery taste and goes nice with a salad. Although we had a very mild, wet winter it supplied us with a bit of greenery from our allotment all winter. I understand it will survive the coldest of conditions, so well worth having. I'm also going to try the summer variety this year too. Couldn't find it to buy anywhere else so was pleased to find it on Amazon.

Panasonic KX-TG2722EB Twin DECT Cordless Telephone Set with Answer Machine
Panasonic KX-TG2722EB Twin DECT Cordless Telephone Set with Answer Machine
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars A good phone, 19 Mar. 2016
Easy to set up and does the job I wanted it to. That is it enables us to take incoming phone calls and has an answering machine if we're out. Probably has more features which we won't use, but a good phone at a reasonable price.

NEW STORAGE CHEST CABINET WHITE WOOD BASKET LAUNDRY BIN
NEW STORAGE CHEST CABINET WHITE WOOD BASKET LAUNDRY BIN
Offered by Fast Trak Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Mar. 2016
This laundry box is excellent for the price. It was simple to put together using only a cross head screw driver. Once assembled its a sturdy box which holds lots of dirty laundry and is strong enough to sit on. The brackets which stop the lids hinges from being strained are a great idea. The completed box has a nice white finish which should stay looking good with nothing more than the occasional wipe with a damp soapy cloth or a mild bathroom wipe. All in all we're very impressed with this box and extremely happy to have found it on Amazon. Highly recommended!

High Quality Wooden Corner Bathroom Cabinet - White.
High Quality Wooden Corner Bathroom Cabinet - White.
Offered by Dream Mart

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite flimsy, 10 Mar. 2016
First let me say that there's nothing wrong with the way this corner bathroom cabinet looks when assembled. The assembly instructions are easy to follow and all the parts needed were present. It took less than half an hour to put together with nothing more than a cross head screw driver. It's simply just not worth £52!
We chose this cupboard because it matched a laundry box we bought recently, also ordered from Amazon. The laundry box however is much bigger, very much sturdier, of far better quality and cost £35!
The wall fixings provided are absolute rubbish and consists of 2 weedy brackets attached inside to the top of the cupboard. Instead of risking these I drilled two holes through the hardboard back on each side and used four sturdy screws and washers to attach it to the wall.
As I said, there's nothing much wrong with it other than that its very light and flimsy and seems over priced for what you get. Had I been able to find a better quality cupboard which matched the laundry basket I'd have been happy to pay more.

Sabatier Professional Two Stage Knife Sharpener
Sabatier Professional Two Stage Knife Sharpener
Offered by magasindiscount

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 1 Mar. 2016
Bought this to keep our new Sabatier knives sharp and it certainly does that. Just be careful when putting your hand in the washing up water after using this, my wife has already cut a finger. Have only used the ceramic side on the new knives but did try the other side on some old knives and it really, really works. Hightly recommended.

Abbey Telescopic Ladder 3.8m With Free Bag
Abbey Telescopic Ladder 3.8m With Free Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars I had looked at getting a cheaper one but decided on this one and am pleased I did, 1 Mar. 2016
Only received the ladder yesterday but have tested it today and it is a very solid thing. I was surprised at how heavy it is althought I knew it's weight before I bought it. I had looked at getting a cheaper one but decided on this one and am pleased I did. Can recommend as its a quality item.

Bosch Tassimo Vivy Hot Drinks and Coffee Machine, 1300 W - Black
Bosch Tassimo Vivy Hot Drinks and Coffee Machine, 1300 W - Black
Offered by Media Trade Giant

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality machine, 1 Mar. 2016
We bought machine from John Lewis last December as an early Christmas present to ourselves. It made lovely coffee for almost 3 months but then the red light came on and, despite descaling it over and over, it refuses to work now. We're left with a broken machine and dozens of expensive pods. Unfortunately we didn't keep the reciept so I think we chucked the money away. Wouldn't recommend this model.

Todeco – Clothes Airer Practical Large Capacity with 4 Adjustable Levels
Todeco – Clothes Airer Practical Large Capacity with 4 Adjustable Levels

4.0 out of 5 stars Good once assembled, 15 Feb. 2016
We bought the dryer mainly to use outside on a small patio, the only part of our garden which doesn't have trees nearby for the birds to take target practice from!
Firstly I'll repeat what many others have said, the instructions are absolute rubbish!
But by looking at the picture on the Amazon website as well, it is pretty easy to fathom out how most of it fits together. One tip I haven't read on here is that the small tubes fit above the wheels, which isn't made clear in the instructions. Beware the inside of the tubes are VERY sharp! Putting the shelves together is tedious and fiddly but greatly helped by using a pair of long nosed pliers to grip the nuts with as you tighten them, otherwise straight forward.
However I had to crimp the top two tubes slightly with pliers so they'd fit into the lower ones. I then used a rubber mallet to knock them together, and once complete it is strong enough to put outside and has loads of hanging space.
Those who say they put it together in 45 minutes have my admiration as it would still have taken me over an hour even without the problem fitting the tubes together.
Also, as others have said, it is bigger than you'd expect, even when folded. We've opted to store it in a shed when not in use, but failing this you'll certainly need a large cupboard or utility room in which to keep it. Not suitable for a small flat or house I'd have said unless you have room in a shed or garage.
A good buy, but only four stars because of the rotten instructions and poor fit of the tubes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2017 6:52 PM BST

Briwax 400g Wax Polish - Dark Oak
Briwax 400g Wax Polish - Dark Oak
Offered by Transtools

5.0 out of 5 stars Best polish ever, 14 Feb. 2016
I bought one tin to cover 6 new oak laminate internal doors which came up beautifully. I first sealed the wood and then applied two coats of Briwax. Having plenty left over we then tried it on some of our wooden furniture and have since bought another tin. This is wonderful stuff which makes wood, new or old, shine like crazy. It does pong a bit for a short time so using it on a day when you can have windows open is a good idea. Simply the best polish I've ever used. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20