Profile for Endlessly > Reviews

Endlessly

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Mechanical Bull
Mechanical Bull

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely and utterly love it! Welcome back Kings!, 23 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Mechanical Bull (Audio CD)
I LOVE this album! Took only a couple of listens before I was hooked. Very much a similar feel/sound to Come Around Sundown in that is has that chilled, rocky vibe. Supersoaker was an instant hit to me. Love almost every track. After a bit of a meltdown, the Kings are well and truly back! Highly recommend this album!

HEAD YouTek IG Instinct (MP) Tennis Racket
HEAD YouTek IG Instinct (MP) Tennis Racket

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, 5 stars!, 10 Aug. 2013
I thought I'd split down this review to help other players, as I spent ages reviewing and considering which racquet to buy next. It's not easy! There's so many out there that apparently offer different things, but at my level (decent club/competition player) I went for what I though would help my game, and I'm glad I did!

SELLER: Very good seller, good communication, fast delivery, well packaged. Very pleased. Also, the best price I found by far when I compared prices!!

RACQUET: Not sure if it's just this racquet, but removing the plastic from the handle was not easy! Annoyingly, no matter how carefully I removed the cellophane, it peeled some of the grip off with it. This wasn't a problem for me, as I get an L3 grip but have to add a decent over-grip anyway, but annoying if this is the grip you want and it's tatty and peeled on a new racquet! A fault in manufacturing with Head I think. It's a really nice-looking racquet, although I added a black over-grip as I didn't like it with the white.

PLAY: I've only played with this racquet 3 times so far, but when I showed my coach it he said it was a really nice racquet and it would suit my style. It's about 50g heavier than my last racquet (Head Tsi), and has a much smaller head. This means you have less room for error, as I've been finding out! When you do get it right, it comes of the racquet fantastic! It says it adds spin, and as I get used to it I can see it will. I'm a very flat, aggressive player, and when I've get it in the 'sweet-spot' the ball skims low over the net with a lot of pace and becomes quite hard for your opponent to pick that kind of ball up. I'm also a decent server, and probably serve more like a bloke than a lady! Again, my serve has dropped off at the minute as I get used to it, but when I get the serve right, the weight of this racquet means it adds a lot of umph to the serve rather that it being you adding the weight, as what happened with the Tsi, and the head flows through the ball. At the minute, I keep going through the love/hate with it. Volleys and drop shots aren't going to plan like they used to, but I think it's the weight and smaller head size and it's something that I'll get right again. I'm catching the frame and mis-hitting quite a bit, too. If you like a lighter, more manoeuvrable racquet, I'm not sure this would suit you. I'm in my thirties and not a gentle player! The weight also helps the head drop before you strike the ball, which is probably how it generates the better spin?

Hope this helps! It's scary getting a new racquet, but I'm glad I got this one. I'll update once I'm use to it more.

The Vampire Diaries - Season 4 (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
The Vampire Diaries - Season 4 (DVD + UV Copy) [2013]
Dvd ~ Nina Dobrev
Offered by Shop4World

2.0 out of 5 stars The series has lost its way... shame..., 6 Aug. 2013
Unfortunately, TVD has lost its way. Big time. The plot is just getting changed slightly and the storyline is just repeating in a slightly different way. I was a HUGE fan from the start of this series, but I started to get a bit bored through season 3, and stopped watching half-way through season 4, only catching up on the last episodes when I had a bit of spare time as I felt kind of obliged to see it through! I used to LOVE sitting down on an evening and getting excited to see what happened in an episode, but the show and the story is over I'm afraid. It's being overdone and getting plain silly! I think season 5 should be the last. I've bought season 1-3 DVDs, but I won't be buying this. Will miss Damon though, my favourite bad vampire!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2013 7:53 PM BST

Compeed Corn Plaster, 10 Plasters
Compeed Corn Plaster, 10 Plasters

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and stay put, but still got a corn!, 6 Aug. 2013
There are a bit fiddly to unwrap/place, but when they're on, they are comfy and stay put in general. Not great if you're a tennis player like me, as so much movement means it pretty much disintegrates! After 2-weeks of use, still have a painful corn! I had one in exactly the same place several years ago, and the carnation medicated pads worked a treat and removed it. Nothing seems to be able to shift this one; carnation, compeed, the spot-on liquid. Just want it gone so I can play tennis without having to pad my toe up! Might work for some, not for me. I give them 3/5 for staying put and comfort and cushioning.

Russell Hobbs Heritage Coffee Maker 18498 - Country cream
Russell Hobbs Heritage Coffee Maker 18498 - Country cream

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, 4 Aug. 2013
Actually bought this from Argos, as it was the same price but I could get it the same day. Previous machine died after 2.5-years of daily use. Only has this one 2-days, but it's fab! Runs a full jug of coffee through in less than ten-minutes, and it's just the right temperature: nice and hot but not boiling! No leaking when pouring, really nice design, easy to use. Perfect! Has the timer for a morning, and a handy aroma button for strength if filling less than 5 cups - doubt we'll every use it, as working from home we have full jugs all day every day! It's gonna have to be a little workhorse, so we'll see how it fairs over time... Just replaced it after having the Mattino one, which lasted 2.5-years fairly well. So far, this one seems far superior to the previous machine.

The Returned - Series 1 [DVD]
The Returned - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anne Consigny

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 27 July 2013
For a start, I am completely fed up with rubbish reality programmes and series which have been done before and, to be honest, are pretty dull. A friend mentioned she'd seen this advertised, so we though we'd watch it as it sounded intriguing. Sooooo glad we did! Hooked from the off, the series unfolds slowly but it is never dull or too slow. You get little snippets of info and new things develop to make your race! The acting is first-class, the plot is one that keeps you wondering, and you just think you've sussed something then it changes and throws you off balance again. Very few series or movies keep me guessing or have the ability to keep me hooked, but this one does all the way through the 8 episodes. I initially thought I'd get fed up of subtitles, but you get so engrossed in what's happening, 5-minutes in and you've forgotten about them. There's only 2 other series which I enjoy as much, and that's The Walking Dead and Homeland. It's a spooky but not overly scary series and the best thing on the TV in a LONG time!!

Carnation Corn Rings Foam-O-Felt Round
Carnation Corn Rings Foam-O-Felt Round
Offered by Parkem Retail

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cushioning but don't withstand sport, 26 May 2013
These offer great relief around a corn, but are not the best when wearing them whilst playing sport. After a while, they just break down and turn to fluff. I use them with plasters covering, which helps.

Carnation Footcare Corn Caps x 10
Carnation Footcare Corn Caps x 10
Offered by Parkem Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars They do work, more effective than liquid..., 26 May 2013
These work effectively at drawing out corms. I have got one in the same area as before, and these took the last one out. Only downside is that they can sting a bit, and I don't recommend them when playing sport as it makes my toe sore. For sport, I use a corn cushion over the corn and plaster over it.

Indulge: 100 Perfect Desserts
Indulge: 100 Perfect Desserts
by Claire Clark

3.0 out of 5 stars Love this book - mouth-watering recipes!, 25 Feb. 2013
Having bought a new oven and get the baking bug back, I looked through a few books an settled on this and another one. Some of the recipes are fairly technical, and many require equipment you wouldn't normally have in your kitchen. I've tried several recipes already; LOVE the lemon meringue - so much nicer than a standard one although it takes a lot of steps to achieve, but it is very worth it! Also adore the florentines, and the wedding fingers are so nice! As with all books, there's quite a few recipes I don't fancy, so feel a little restricted, hence the loss of a star. Also, some of the ingredients are really hard to come by, and even Waitrose, who normally have a good baking section, didn't have several things I needed. It's a shame the writer didn't give you rough times on baking, too, as sometimes she says to cook until set or thickened, but it would have been nice to give an estimate on these timings. Overall, a good book, and obviously a master at what she does.

2FOR1 SPECIAL PRICE Brown Amber and Blue Eyed Retro Bronze Vintage Cute Owl head Boho Stud Earrings J002
Offered by bomien

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute item, great price, fast delivery, 25 Feb. 2013
These earrings are very cute! Just the right size, and seem decent quality. Delivered in good time, and I like that you get ones with different coloured eyes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9