Profile for Sparkly > Reviews

Content by Sparkly

Sparkly (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Amison 1 Pair Men Mesh Meias Sports Running Five Finger Toe Socks (black)
Amison 1 Pair Men Mesh Meias Sports Running Five Finger Toe Socks (black)
Offered by Symphony*

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 27 May 2016
Pretty good socks. Not quite to the standard/as snug fitting as my expensive branded ones but for the price I clearly didn't expect them to be. They are still perfectly good, there is a band around the foot to stop too much movement and the toes are all differently sized (unlike some cheap toe socks). I'm not sure i'd run an ultra in them but I'd probably trust them for a half marathon.
At this price I would definitely but these again.
For info I'm female with size 7 feet and they are ever so slightly loose but not problematically so.

Meta-C Round Thickening Handle Natural Green Sandal Wood Comb (Wide teeth)
Meta-C Round Thickening Handle Natural Green Sandal Wood Comb (Wide teeth)
Offered by Meta-U

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but broken, 27 May 2016
This it a really lovely looking comb and feels of excellent quality. Unfortunately, however, it arrived broken and I had to return it so I'm assuming it's a fairly fragile item. It's a shame as I really liked it.

FM Transmitter, Aukey Wireless FM Transmitter Radio Car Kit with 3.5mm Audio Plug and Car Charger for iPhone 6, iPad, iPod, Samsung, Windows, iOS, and Android Smart Phone
Offered by AukeyDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little bit of kit., 28 April 2016
I've had a few of these in the past and they've all been pretty rubbish. This one is a great bit of kit. It doesn't need batteries, just plug it in and Bob's your uncle! I found that if I use the lowest available frequencies (around 88.1 to 88.3) I hardly get any interference (this was on a 700mile return journey from Edinburgh to Cambridge and I only needed to retun it once). I definitely recommend it and no I didn't get a free product in exchange for an unbiased review ! I can't comment on longevity but there doesn't really seem to be anything much that could go wrong with it .

Compression Socks (1 Pair - Arglye Blue M) 20-30mmHg Graduated - Best For Running, Athletic Sports, Crossfit, Flight Travel (Men & Women) - Suits Nurses, Maternity Pregnancy, Shin Splints CompressionZ
Offered by CompressionZ

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short in the leg, 11 April 2016
I really wanted to like these. I wanted a fun but quality pair of compression socks for long distance running and from the description these seemed perfect. They are pictured as coming to just below the knee (ie providing compression or the whole of the gatrocnemius (calf muscle). Unfortunately, although the sizing is perfect in the foot, the leg length is lacking somewhat. Mine barely came half way up my lower leg, thus rendering themselves useless as a compression product. It's a shame as they seem to be of good quality and the amount of compression appears good. They are just too short to do what they are supposed to, I'm 5'7 so maybe the leg model in the picture is a child or very short adult....either way I feel the picture is very misleading.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2016 1:28 PM BST

Helly Hansen Women's HH Dry Original Baselayer - Nordic Purple, Large
Helly Hansen Women's HH Dry Original Baselayer - Nordic Purple, Large
Offered by SportsShoes Unlimited

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous running top but don't tumble dry., 30 Mar. 2016
This is my 3rd HH base layer, they are really great. Warm in winter but you don't overheat on warmer days either. I wear it to run in if I'm not sure what the weather is going to be like, knowing that I'll stay a good temperature.
A word of warning though, my other half managed to melt my first one in the tumble dryer so I'd recommend air drying!

AWE® Nano FireTM USB 24 Lumens Rechargeable Helmet Light Set Front/Rear (No More Batteries!) Black CE Approved NO HELMET INCLUDED
Offered by Sports4ever

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great., 30 Mar. 2016
OK for the price but they need charging daily which is a bit of a nusience. Really for use as an extra point of visibility on dark nights rather than use as a light. Handy for seeing to get the key in the door when I get home though.

[DRSKIN] Tight 3/4 Compression Pants Base Layer Running Pants Men Women (MBB811, M)
Offered by WORLD BUY365 INC.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not compressive but good, everyday running tights., 30 Mar. 2016
Not as compressive as top brands, in fact I wouldn't call them compression wear at all personally, they are made of a thinner material than branded compression wear. That said, for the price they are great, very comfy for running in and don't slip down at all (unlike a lot of other leggings without a drawstring), I've been wearing them a lot just as an everyday running capri with no problems at all. I sized using their guide and they fit perfectly.

CID Women's Star Wars - Poster Empire Japanese Short Sleeve T-Shirt, White, 14 (Manufacturer Size:X-Large)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described., 28 Mar. 2016
Ordered an Empire strikes back T-shirt but received a Star Wars T-shirt. Not what I wanted at all. Also I ordered an XL which should've been a 14 but it's more like a 16, it's pretty big.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2016 11:32 AM BST

Hario 50 ml Stainless Fine Glass Teapot with Large Infuser, Pack of 1
Hario 50 ml Stainless Fine Glass Teapot with Large Infuser, Pack of 1
Offered by J-Groove - Ships directly from Japan -

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful teapot., 3 Mar. 2016
Beautiful pot for one (although actually contains 2 teacups worth). At first glance it seems fairly delicate but it's actually fairly robust (for a glass item that is) so you have don't to worry too much about breaking it. I'm trying to drink more green tea but have never been a fan however using a combination of a decent tea, this wonderful teapot and a nice cup actually makes the whole process very enjoyable.

YES I AM ONE OF THOSE Ultramarathon PEOPLE T-Shirt
YES I AM ONE OF THOSE Ultramarathon PEOPLE T-Shirt
Offered by Idakoos

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt, 3 Mar. 2016
Very good quality tshirt, fits well, washes well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8