Profile for Jennifer Deakin > Reviews

Content by Jennifer Deakin

Jennifer Deakin "jendeakin" (Spain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Buster Inflatable Collar, M
Buster Inflatable Collar, M

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with it, 27 May 2015
I ordered one of these for my westie cross, she was spayed yesterday and had the collar straight on, yesterday she was still on another planet and didnt really notice it, but today shes back to normal, the collar is great, she cant reach her wound, but would be able to reach her legs, bottom, tail if she wanted too, but shes quite happy wearing it, she can still eat, sleep and walk about, and does not seem worried about it at all, it was easy to blow up and easy to fit, my vet was very impressed as he said the ones he's had in were a lot more expensive and not as tough, ( Im in Spain) photo is day of the op..
Comment Comment | Permalink

Mulligan's Reach
Mulligan's Reach

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Mulligan's Reach (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, the horse element was good mixed with a bit of romance, good story, worth buying..

Wisdom Panel Insights Dog DNA Test
Wisdom Panel Insights Dog DNA Test

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with the result.., 23 Nov. 2013
The dog I had tested was a rescue 'Honey' (found wandering the streets).. so no idea of her breeding at all, so I had her done out of interest, I guessed Lhasa apso or perhaps dachshund x... as she long, little legs, golden blonde scruffy coat, and floppy ears.. (still only a pup yet)
I was very careful I did not contaminate the swabs she she does lick my other dogs mouth, so the swabs were taken first thing in the morning, before she had eaten, drank or licked anything (I crate her overnight, so this made it easy)..
It did take a long time for the swabs to register that they were at the lab, as they are sent off to the USA, this took about 10 days.. (hence the 4 stars as they dont tell you this) though I did email them and did get a prompt reply..
The results came back that she is infact a mix of.. Westie, Lab, and Alaskan Malamute..
I didnt see westie in her at all, but a friend that has Westies does, and said she guessed that when I first got her, though I did think there was terrier in her..
Labrador... she does have the floppy ears, thick tail and coat colour and the intelligence
Malamute.. now I know where that funny woo-woo-woo barky howl comes from..

Wisdom did tell me that they might not pick anything up as Im in Spain, and 'for example' a Lab born in the UK can have different DNA to one born in Spain... so perhaps thats why the grandparents on one side could not be recongnised.. though there were traces of Schnauzer and Yorkie in her..

So overall, Im impressed, I would recommend having it done if you want to know what your dog is.. and for me it was just a bit of fun....

Dog Days in Andalucía: Tails from Spain
Dog Days in Andalucía: Tails from Spain
by Jackie Todd

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely read for the pet lover, 9 Nov. 2013
Living in Spain I could identify with this, but a good read for anyone, its quite easy to take it the waifs and strays as there are so many unwanted pets.

When Sophie Met Darcy Day
When Sophie Met Darcy Day
by Helen Yeadon

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming, 9 Nov. 2013
A lovey heart warming book, about how horses can help children and how children can help horses, I used to work at a riding school that helped disabled children and it took me back there

New Romantics: The Look
New Romantics: The Look
by Dave Rimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the memories, 9 Nov. 2013
Took me right back to the 80's, big hair, lots of make-up (including the boys) and good nights out, the 80's was my era, and it brought back some good memories, great photos.

Vibrant Children's Portraits: Painting Beautiful Hair and Skin Tones with Oils
Vibrant Children's Portraits: Painting Beautiful Hair and Skin Tones with Oils
by Victoria Lisi

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful book, 9 Nov. 2013
I normally only paint pet portraits, but decided to dabble in painting people so this book did give me a few tips, worth buying

Kindle Paperwhite (5th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 9 Nov. 2013
I love my paperwhite, its my first kindle, easy to use, nice easy to read screen with it having the back light, so fine to read in the dark or in bright sunlight, love the fact I can get books for free, as I live in Spain so books are expensive.. great for my trips to the UK, and no longer to I need to buy a suitcase of heavy books to bring home.

Stranger in Town (Sloane Monroe Book 4)
Stranger in Town (Sloane Monroe Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 9 Nov. 2013
Not the sort of this I normally read, but it was free, but I did enjoy it, a good story

True Animal Stories in the News: Heroic Animals Rescue Humans (Real Life Stories Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars ok read, 9 Nov. 2013
A short read, only 61 pages,if you like animals you will enjoy his book, though I would like to of seen a few more stories

Page: 1 | 2 | 3